The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 01-11-2017, 02:24 PM   #241
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Why did I immediately think of the chanting 'plug it up' in the locker room scene in Carrie... o.O lol

Oh and the Image is blurry, but here's a Valentine movie slipcover I just saw at Walmart. Whether it's the perfect gift for your true love[r of Turtles] or someone you just want to torture, that's your call.

IndigoErth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 03:28 PM   #242
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinStein View Post
I'd also like to see a third. They were trying to set up something, I'm interested in at least seeing what they want to do. But then again, I'm a huge fan of 2007. Is that liked around here?
There are different opinions, but definately accepted and not bashed for the sake of bashing, and cosidered OK even among those who aren't fans of it.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 03:30 PM   #243
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Locked? Only if you remain locked inside it.
Something like this I imagine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5090.jpg (3.1 KB, 15 views)
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 04:00 PM   #244
Overlord

It's a shame if Shredder just remains frozen by Krang, without any third film.
Old 01-11-2017, 04:03 PM   #245
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Oh and the Image is blurry, but here's a Valentine movie slipcover I just saw at Walmart. Whether it's the perfect gift for your true love[r of Turtles] or someone you just want to torture, that's your call.

http://i.imgur.com/AE8SLr1.jpg
Hey Bry, where's your big-lipped Rocksteady picture at? Your picture would be perfect for looking at the Wal-Mart Valentines Day themed OoTS 'idea'.

~ John Adams
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 04:08 AM   #246
Overlord

I still want a third film, since three films were originally planned.
Old 01-21-2017, 04:18 AM   #247
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
They projected a trilogy, I'm not sure they had any real plans for the story though. Does anyone think that's actually the case though? Does anyone believe that, if they got a third one greenlit, they even knew where to take it?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 04:37 AM   #248
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
They projected a trilogy, I'm not sure they had any real plans for the story though. Does anyone think that's actually the case though? Does anyone believe that, if they got a third one greenlit, they even knew where to take it?
I don't know. Maybe Triceratons?
Old 01-21-2017, 12:43 PM   #249
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Or just make it its own direct to video one shot unconnected with the first two. Some well thought out little adventure for them, happening in a time frame where Shredder is simply a passing thought because they have no clue what became of him (but remain vigilant with the expectation that he may turn up again one day), and the story doesn't drown itself or its potential in a desperate attempt to be an over the top spectacle.

I dunno... Maybe do a Rat King story. But make it somewhat horror-like. Perhaps someone on that police force from the second film has been investigating something (maybe presumably unrelated) and noticed hints of something weird going on and these police allies reach out to the Turtles about it. (After some of their cops haven't returned from further investigating?) Get April back into a reporting job and go about acting like an actual reporter to bring the story later to the public. (As opposed to finding reasons to strut around in school girl skirts. Replace Fox if you just can't get a serious character out of her.)

edit: Rat King probably has more potential room for coming up with things to do with him that won't step on toes as much as, say, getting Shredder or other 'big bads' "wrong" in some way.
IndigoErth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 02:20 PM   #250
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

If there was a third film, Id prefer it dwell on the subject of Hamato Yoshi since he has no role In the first two films. It should have the aesthetics of oots while having the pacing of the first film.

Think of it like this, Splinter as a rat was once owned by Hamato Yoshi, who was a rival of Saki like other incarnations. However, Splinter had to be adopted by Aprils father after he was killed by saki. Aprils Father however was unaware that his parter (Eric Sacks) was working under the same Shredder who killed his friend.

This movie should have Shredder and Krang allied throughout instead of Shredder just being thrown away at the end. No April schoolgirl scene, No Casey Jones, no Laura Liney and no need for the mutagen subplot that was already dealt with in the second. That will free up alot of runtime that would allow the film to focus more on character development. Too bad the film will never happen but I think it would've been interesting to see how it would've turned out

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 01-21-2017 at 02:45 PM.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 09:18 AM   #251
RaphaelsIsolation
Hench Mutant

While I do appreciate the 2 newer movies from 14' and 16', they were let downs for me.

I never liked the TMNT look, Megan Fox as April just didn't work. She was "okay" at best.

Tyler Perry as Baxter was cool. It was like watching a baseball game with a bunch of strikeouts and singles happening.

Or... someone pumping air into a airbed or something even though it's already full.

Bloated comes to mind. They are as good as the TMNT III and the 2007 film to me... but that is it.
RaphaelsIsolation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 09:30 AM   #252
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

If there is another live action movie, it'll certainly be a complete reboot. My gut tells me the next TMNT movie we'll see down the line will be animated so Paramount isn't as worried to lose as much with a next go around.

I have a feeling the next thing we'll probably see live action on screen will be Baxter Stockman into the Fly and the mousers. That just seems like the next thing to bring to the screen.
Old 02-08-2017, 10:04 AM   #253
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
They projected a trilogy, I'm not sure they had any real plans for the story though. Does anyone think that's actually the case though?
Don't be absurd. They didn't even have a story for the first one... as they were filming it. Let alone any others.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 12:22 PM   #254
RaphaelsIsolation
Hench Mutant

You are everything that absurd means... you're abrasive comments aren't welcomed.

He's just saying 3 films were projected "planned" he thought.

Relax
Old 02-08-2017, 02:02 PM   #255
Powder
So tired of this place

That's not abrasive, it's the truth. The truth is always welcome here.

*your

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 02:10 PM   #256
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
That's not abrasive, it's the truth. The truth is always welcome here.

*your
They're fighting in another thread.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 02:58 PM   #257
RaphaelsIsolation
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
They're fighting in another thread.
Yep yep...

His comments in general recently have been pretty abrasive. Like intense. Don't we all like TMNT? Why get mad?

I've been considered a moron, and someone who thinks TMNT 2007 is non-canon to the TMNT Universe.

They also said I stated the director was lying. Just crazy. I like the movie. It's cool.
Old 02-08-2017, 03:01 PM   #258
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelsIsolation View Post
I've been considered a moron, and someone who thinks TMNT 2007 is non-canon to the TMNT Universe.
Simply because it's CGI and not live action, you portend. And in no real instance to you appear to even be using the word "canon" in any way correctly.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 03:10 PM   #259
RaphaelsIsolation
Hench Mutant

Really? I'm saying 2007 is canon to the TMNT Universe?

I don't get you.
Old 02-08-2017, 03:12 PM   #260
RaphaelsIsolation
Hench Mutant

I mean I'm not using canon is the traditional sense of the word. If something is canon then it happened and it acknowledge by the creators etc..

Usually through comics. Stop trying so hard. You look foolish

Tags
tmnt 3