The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 11:52 AM   #1
zodiac brave
Stone Warrior

connecticut elementary school shooting

just...wow. so senseless and horrible....

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012...nnecticut?lite

Old 12-14-2012, 01:09 PM   #2
D-Nizzy
Foot Soldier

My wife took the day off from work, we were supposed to go to Newtown for lunch for my birthday today. That school is 10 minutes from where she teaches.

It is just horrific. I can't even express how terrible this is. Senseless. Tragic.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:19 PM   #3
pannoni1
Foot Elite

And it falls right in the thick of the holiday season. Its definitely been a tough holiday season for me, with the passing of my grandfather and now this which will prove that despite Columbine/Virginia Tech, there is still a lot we have to learn and need to always watch out for the enemy, for knowing the difference between fantasy and reality can't be any more crucial. My dearest apologies and sympathies for all that were affected.

For the shooter; may he and his followers be banished to a place where no life exists and never be spiritually rejuvanated again!

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
Old 12-14-2012, 02:53 PM   #4
mysterycolor
t-u-r-t-l-e seller!!

absolutely heartbreaking...
Old 12-14-2012, 03:43 PM   #5
Scotty TuffGuy1979
Hench Mutant

Awful, no words can express how bad this is for the parents and relatives, as a parent I am sadden and hurt to see and hear about an awful act like this, please pray for humanity and most of all the families, it's such a sad situation I can't even watch the news on it, I'm so sorry!
Old 12-14-2012, 07:20 PM   #6
Katie
Just...way too serious.

What a sick f*ck. Seriously. Killing 20 BABIES.

If you hate the world so much, take yourself out. Not innocent people. Not babies.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:22 PM   #7
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

People need to stop with the 'Oh, Humanity UGH' garbage. It's beyond stupid.

Completely f*cked situation and it's truly awful. Terrible terrible stuff and a terrible person.

@~<3 Mom~@
Old 12-14-2012, 07:45 PM   #8
Bauer536
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie View Post
What a sick f*ck. Seriously. Killing 20 BABIES.

If you hate the world so much, take yourself out. Not innocent people. Not babies.
This is exactly how I felt after the news came out. I am really saddened by this. My thoughts and prayers will go to all of the families tonight who lost their children. Absolutely heartbreaking, indeed.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:20 PM   #9
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator

Absolutely heartbreaking... I was home with a cold, and I couldn't stop watching the news.. I can't imagine how these poor families are feeling right now. Christmas is Never going to be the same for them EVER...

The thing that bothers me most... One of the stations was talking to a mother of a Columbine victim to talk about how to deal with the grief of losing a child.

It hit me: If you look at the timeline of all these major shootings, look at the age of the kids from Columbine, the first Major shooting - They were in high school with Columbine - then, they were College age with Virginia Tech - and now, they're at the age where they'd have lil kids in school, and this happens.

It's like the violence is chasing after them...
Old 12-14-2012, 08:36 PM   #10
XERO
Hybrid Theorist

My heart goes out to the families that loss their children in this tragedy. It just makes me upset even more. A constant reminder of the assholes that exist just to cause pain.

"Travel at the speed of light... then hit the nitro!"
Old 12-15-2012, 11:33 AM   #11
Guitar_Raph
Superhero musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie View Post
I second the motion!

Now Sandy's not going to be a popular name for a baby girl with this tragedy (Sandy Hook) & the superstorm.
Old 12-15-2012, 05:10 PM   #12
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Apparently this sick @$$hole had issues with his mother, though it still doesn't explain why he took it out on those poor kids. I hope there's a special place in Hell for him!

www.jephael.com
Old 12-15-2012, 09:26 PM   #13
BladeEdge86
Random Punk

I just don't know what to say when these things happen, I just don't understand how someone could indiscriminately kill like this.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:11 PM   #14
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Deeply saddened and heartbroken when I heard and read about this. My heart and condolences goes out to everyone effected by this senseless act of cowardess and words can't even describe how I about this. Just why the loss of innocence and such young lives, just makes me sick to my stomach. Whether the gunman had issues or not doesn't even matter what matters is making sure nothing like this ever happens again and getting help for these people affected. If there's some way I could help them I'd love to help them. But what could I even do to help them? Like Jephael said, there's a special place for the one who did this, but hell would be to good a place for him! Parents hug and love your children little extra this holiday season and keep these families in your thoughts, prayers, hearts!

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
Old 12-16-2012, 08:02 AM   #15
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Such a senseless act. My heart goes out to the families who have suffered because of this tragedy. And the sad thing is, we'll never know why he did it because he's dead. He took the easy way out because he didn't want to face anyone about what he did.

And, Stryker, it's easy not to have faith in humanity when we have humans who do things like this. Sure, there are good people in the world, but they are few and far between and you hardly hear about the good deeds. You only hear about the bad stuff like this. I lost my faith in humanity after 9/11 and haven't looked back since.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:24 AM   #16
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

So you've just decided to live your life as a miserable sack that never see's the good in anything. That's great. I'm sure that's real fun.

One person or a small group of crazy people doesn't mean that ALL of humanity is horrible. That's just f*cking stupid.

@~<3 Mom~@
Old 12-16-2012, 08:42 AM   #17
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Tragedy sells newspapers (well, used to when people bought newspapers.)

There's no drama in the planes that land only in those that crash.

The reason we don't get as many stories about how good people are is because there's not as much drama in it as there is when a wack bag shoots up a elementary school. Sadly, thems the breaks.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Old 12-16-2012, 09:26 AM   #18
zodiac brave
Stone Warrior

"losing your faith" in humanity is weakness. people hear about horrible things like this happening or 9/11 or Virginia Tech or the Colorado Batman Rises shooting and it gives people the excuse to be whiny and self-defeatist. in the most basic way, it grants the wishes of the murderers and monsters who pull this kinda stuff off. they're remembered and people are left hurting and sullen. but thats only because they're made famous by the media.

most of the people who have "lost faith" in humanity haven't really tried looking for any good. you can wallow in emo-ness because the bad is shoved in your face and its always easy to play the victim, or you can also be strong, recognize that these things are horrible but that they are isolated incidents done by crazy individuals with obvious problems. THEIR problems, not humanitys. then you can look for (or HINT HINT...actually DO) good in the world.

life's not an epic soap drama unless you want it to be. in this specific situation, yes...its tragic and saddening. thinking about all the lives lost has brought tears a few times, but to blame "humanity" instead of the murderer is just immature, silly and even a little selfish.

seeing this made me feel a little better though. hopefully this helps:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/momen...umanity-this-y

Old 12-16-2012, 04:10 PM   #19
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I'm not saying all humans are like that and that there's no good in the world. It's just hard to focus on the good when all you hear about are the bad things. It's why I rarely even watch the news anymore because I don't want to hear about all the horrible things that happen to people every day. That's what I mean. I know the good outweighs the bad, but the good is rarely seen, and that's what bothers me.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
Old 12-16-2012, 05:32 PM   #20
Hamato Yoshi
Stone Warrior

"There's no drama in the planes that land only in those that crash"

Ever heard of an airline called Ryanair , oh brother.....they're a bit sloppy when it comes to safety , nuff said
Closed Thread