The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Finally got a poll going on this one... so, what'd you think?
"Are you an Idiot? Lemme rephrase that... You're an Idiot!" 29 46.03%
"Was that Fair?" No... "Did I Win?" ...I see your point. 26 41.27%
You actually thought someone like me could be friends with a freak like you? Pathetic... 2 3.17%
*Don's golf Clap* 6 9.52%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-20-2012, 01:02 AM   #301
Master of the Foot Clan
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_angel99 View Post
Wonderful episode.Chris Bradford and Sever are my favorite Shedder henchmen (wonder who'd win if they faced off)
Probably Chris Bradford because he knows the secret kata....The Death Dragon.
Master of the Foot Clan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 04:27 AM   #302
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I really enjoyed this episode.

Poor April being treated like Mikey like that, but I do love her facial animation through that scene.

Bradford is an awesome villain, very cool design and him and Xever got a very cool team dynamic, bit like buddy-cop movies. Only martial arts villains.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 06:14 PM   #303
Hero
British Bloke

Finally got through the UK edit of this episode. The kusarigama bits (i.e the fight with masked Bradford) were left in.
Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:35 AM   #304
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Oh really? Well, that's a good thing then.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 12:34 PM   #305
Jelly Bean
Stone Warrior

did anyone think of Brick Bradley, aka: Bug Man from the older series, and Mike's adortion of him from the 80's series while watching this?
it's pretty stupid that any company that specializes in serving up hot meat - specifically "Hot C*ck Meat" (Chickens? "C*cks"? Get it?) - in between a set of warm buns would have an anti-gay agenda. The irony is palpable.
-Leo656

--------

Jelly Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:04 PM   #306
Stone Warrior

My favorite part is the heavy polluted sitting on the sign board day time scene. That was unexpected. Oh, and the last part of the episode but everyone already talked about that.

And that Mikey, despite his overexcited nature and short attention span, will never tell a guy he genuinely accepted as his friend about Splinter. Wow, hidden depths, you surprise me.

I feel really bad for Mikey when Chris revealed himself as the bad guy. His sad face. D:

We all know that Most Writers Are Male. Something like eighty percent of media aimed at children have male main characters, whereas half the population is female. At best, women will often be minor characters or will not be present at all. Stories about women are for women, stories about men are for general consumption. (TV Tropes Feminist Fantasy)

Last edited by Avatar Yuffie; 10-23-2012 at 08:26 PM.
Avatar Yuffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:35 AM   #307
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Yeah, Mikey was smart enough not to talk about Splinter to Bradford, which was a good thing, so he's not as dumb as many make him out to be. Naive maybe, but not totally stupid. He knows there are some things he wouldn't be able to reveal no matter what. I was happy to see that.

Old 10-24-2012, 08:12 AM   #308
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Yeah, Mikey was smart enough not to talk about Splinter to Bradford, which was a good thing, so he's not as dumb as many make him out to be. Naive maybe, but not totally stupid. He knows there are some things he wouldn't be able to reveal no matter what. I was happy to see that.
^ This. Well said, BubblyShell22.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:56 PM   #309
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Why, thank you, Titan.

Old 10-24-2012, 02:51 PM   #310
The Big Bad
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Actually, like I said before, we don't know this is actually the case--the episode smash cuts from Bradford deciding to teach Mikey the kata to Mikey teaching his bros, and we don't know what happens between one moment and the next. What's more, given that Bradford's condition for teaching the kata was getting Mikey to fess up, there's as much reason to believe that Mikey spilled as there's reason to believe that he wasn't.

Previous avatar artwork by Lorna-ka.
The Big Bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:56 PM   #311
Stone Warrior

The fact Bradford had to resort to kidnapping Mikey, hoping he'd get rescued by the others and following them on their way back, safe to say Mikey didn't tell him.

And Mikey could have shown him his home before this. He didn't.

We all know that Most Writers Are Male. Something like eighty percent of media aimed at children have male main characters, whereas half the population is female. At best, women will often be minor characters or will not be present at all. Stories about women are for women, stories about men are for general consumption. (TV Tropes Feminist Fantasy)

Last edited by Avatar Yuffie; 10-24-2012 at 07:04 PM.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:25 PM   #312
The Big Bad
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar Yuffie View Post
The fact Bradford had to resort to kidnapping Mikey, hoping he'd get rescued by the others and following them on their way back, safe to say Mikey didn't tell him.

And Mikey could have shown him his home before this. He didn't.
True...but note that Bradford's mission wasn't to eliminate or even locate the turtles, but to obtain as much information as possible in order to confirm or deny the theory that Hamato Yoshi was alive and training his own army of ninja. Even if they didn't learn where the turtles live, that's far from the only useful piece of information Michelangelo could have provided. Simply mentioning how many people Splinter was training or how they came into contact with the mutagenic ooze them would have cleared things up tremendously for the Foot, and it's information Mike could very well have given.

Previous avatar artwork by Lorna-ka.
The Big Bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:41 PM   #313
Stone Warrior

Or Mikey repaid for the Death Dragon Kata by showing all his six toes. Or the Secret Kata (which is admittedly impressive as a former Mask Rider Black fan).

We really don't know what Bradford "get" from Mikey after teaching him that move. Maybe future stories will say. For now, I'll assume the kid never told anymore valuable info that Bradford eventually gave up his facade of friendship.

Last edited by Avatar Yuffie; 10-24-2012 at 10:51 PM.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:44 AM   #314
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I agree. I think Mikey was going to tell him about Splinter, but he stalled because he knew it wasn't a good idea, so that's why he showed Chris his toes. If Mikey had told him anything, he wouldn't have had to kidnap him and track the Turtles in the first place.

Old 10-26-2012, 09:35 AM   #315
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk

did Bradford even know that it was Mikey that had friend requested him of myface? Or was that just a happy coincidence that the very object of his mission just happened to friend quest him? The speed of which he friended him back sort of suggests otherwise. Or is he just that on top of his fanbase that any new fan contacting him he immidiately responds back to?

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight...for HIM?

~Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:06 AM   #316
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Well, if Mikey attached a picture of himself, I can see how Bradford would know it was him, but I'm not sure if Mikey did that.

Old 10-26-2012, 11:35 PM   #317
snak
Mouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Ninja View Post
did Bradford even know that it was Mikey that had friend requested him of myface? Or was that just a happy coincidence that the very object of his mission just happened to friend quest him? The speed of which he friended him back sort of suggests otherwise. Or is he just that on top of his fanbase that any new fan contacting him he immidiately responds back to?
I mean, Bradford probably didn't notice being friended or unfriended at all. When Mikey finds him in the alley, Bradford starts hurling shuriken at him because he knows he's an enemy, but Mikey blurts out that they're friends and Rad Brad just rolls with it because he sees an opportunity to get information.
snak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 01:58 AM   #318
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I think Brad probably have someone to do the friend requests for him, a person or a program
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 04:35 AM   #319
Newton Gimmick
Mad Scientist

Lots of logic gaps, but that seems par for the course. Nothing unforgivable. Fun episode. Really liked Fishface's character pre-mutation.

Newton Gimmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:19 AM   #320
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Hate to necro-post, but I figured this was better than starting a new thread for a fairly random thought.

I'm watching the Gargoyles series again and I'm on the 7th episode. In the 6th, the Gargoyles first encounter the Pack, a well known TV action team, much like Bradford who is a well known martial artist. In fact, Wolf, one of the members of the Pack shares a voice actor with Bradford. Lexington, much like Michelangelo, tries to make friends with them, but it turns out they are only interested in destroying the gargoyles. At least Gargoyles explained that the Pack was arrested because there were photos of Fox taking a hostage, where as no one questions Bradford's disappearance.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2k12, episode discussion, nick