The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Fan Creations > Fan Works Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2015, 12:31 AM   #661
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 7,893
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
I've never associated bad language with my own artistic style.
That's understandable and I can respect that. Check out the PM I sent ASAP!!!
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines



YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/Jephael
Facebook: www.facebook.com/jephael
Twitter: https://twitter.com/JeOughton
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 04:38 AM   #662
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,407
thank you master splinter for seeing this project finish through!great to have it all together now.lots of fun looking through the pages..

just curious as I didn't notice that at all while doing my pages...was I alone in lettering my pages on my own?
marcelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 11:36 AM   #663
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,074
How's it looking?
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 09:01 PM   #664
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 7,893
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
How's it looking?
I haven't heard back from either oldmanwinters or MasterSplinter since last night. Hopefully they'll get back to me soon.
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines



YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/Jephael
Facebook: www.facebook.com/jephael
Twitter: https://twitter.com/JeOughton
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 09:25 PM   #665
Master Splinter
幸 - 愛 - 思う
 
Master Splinter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 2,819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
I haven't heard back from either oldmanwinters or MasterSplinter since last night. Hopefully they'll get back to me soon.
I emailed you at 7:30PM CST.

-ms
__________________
Master Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 09:42 PM   #666
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 7,893
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Splinter View Post
I emailed you at 7:30PM CST.

-ms
Just saw on my phone.

UPDATE June 22 at 11:37 PM - pages fixed and sent to Master Splinter!!!
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines



YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/Jephael
Facebook: www.facebook.com/jephael
Twitter: https://twitter.com/JeOughton

Last edited by Jephael; 06-22-2015 at 10:37 PM.
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 07:44 AM   #667
Master Splinter
幸 - 愛 - 思う
 
Master Splinter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 2,819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
Just saw on my phone.

UPDATE June 22 at 11:37 PM - pages fixed and sent to Master Splinter!!!
The comics have been updated.

-ms
__________________
Master Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 12:22 PM   #668
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 10,664
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Splinter View Post
The comics have been updated.

-ms
I'm very appreciative for Jeph's 2nd-go of lettering on my pages. I think the revised versions really improve the overall aesthetic, and even provides slightly better character development with the little easter egg with Baxter quoting a famous line from "Insane in the Membrane."
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 10:53 PM   #669
Nelson
Stone Warrior
 
Nelson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 632
Woah woah woah, I had no idea this was completed! About darn time! *starts download*

PS: Ages ago, Peter Laird commented about remix #1 on his blog. I guess this time Kevin Eastman should be the one taking a look at this "masterpiece"
Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 04:29 AM   #670
Kingoji
Hench Mutant
 
Kingoji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 287
I'd like to contribute to one of these sometime. Might get me back into drawing regularly again.
__________________
If you can't take your 'Ninja Turtles' with a knowing wink and a smile on your face then what have you got left?
Kingoji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 08:39 AM   #671
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 10,664
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson View Post
Woah woah woah, I had no idea this was completed! About darn time! *starts download*

PS: Ages ago, Peter Laird commented about remix #1 on his blog. I guess this time Kevin Eastman should be the one taking a look at this "masterpiece"
Haha, if I remember, Laird offered a critique of something along the lines of the fact that we played it too conservative to the source material the first time. Hence, I tried to diversify my style a bit this time around.
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 09:58 AM   #672
d_osborn
Stone Warrior
 
d_osborn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingoji View Post
I'd like to contribute to one of these sometime. Might get me back into drawing regularly again.
Same here! Without going back and reading all 34 pages, what is the status of this? Is it like an ongoing thing?
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 10:23 AM   #673
shuriken
Second City Shinobi
 
shuriken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chi-town
Posts: 4,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingoji View Post
I'd like to contribute to one of these sometime. Might get me back into drawing regularly again.
We're trying to get people to do issue 3 and the Raphael one-shot. So far only like 4 people have agreed to do anything.
Here's the link to THAT thread
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=52535
__________________
Some things are better left unsaid. This isn't one of them
shuriken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 11:31 AM   #674
Powder
Endless Screw
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell Ri La
Posts: 24,990
It's seriously pointless to try & continue, yo.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 01:35 PM   #675
Kingoji
Hench Mutant
 
Kingoji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
It's seriously pointless to try & continue, yo.
I've read around on them now and there does seem to be minimal enthusiasm. What would get people interested again? A different series? Original material?

A few years ago over in the Transformers fandom, we had these things called 'Mosaics'. They were one-page comics done by the fans under strict rules (no OCs, no slash or sexual content, etc) that were designed to slot somewhere into official continuity. It was a pretty successful project and ran for about four or five consecutive years. Sometimes they would arrange a themed week where a new strip would go up each day that celebrated a particular aspect, a certain story, an epic point in history, whatever. Got so popular that even the professionals started contributing to it.
Maybe that kind of thing is too large scale, but the strip forat might be worth considering...
__________________
If you can't take your 'Ninja Turtles' with a knowing wink and a smile on your face then what have you got left?
Kingoji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 01:40 PM   #676
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 10,664
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingoji View Post

A few years ago over in the Transformers fandom, we had these things called 'Mosaics'. They were one-page comics done by the fans under strict rules (no OCs, no slash or sexual content, etc) that were designed to slot somewhere into official continuity. It was a pretty successful project and ran for about four or five consecutive years. Sometimes they would arrange a themed week where a new strip would go up each day that celebrated a particular aspect, a certain story, an epic point in history, whatever. Got so popular that even the professionals started contributing to it.
Maybe that kind of thing is too large scale, but the strip forat might be worth considering...
I'd love that kind of thing. But one thing I've learned about the TMNT fandom over the years, is that we are not a tribe that seems to value artistic development. It's sad. There are definitely some standouts, but I think any progress along those lines would have to be kept to a small, dedicated circle. The more people that try to get involved, the less likely it is that anything will ever come of it.
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 02:43 PM   #677
Powder
Endless Screw
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell Ri La
Posts: 24,990
Nailed it.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 07:47 PM   #678
shuriken
Second City Shinobi
 
shuriken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chi-town
Posts: 4,162
Unfortunately... yeah.
__________________
Some things are better left unsaid. This isn't one of them
shuriken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 08:28 PM   #679
Nelson
Stone Warrior
 
Nelson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
I'd love that kind of thing. But one thing I've learned about the TMNT fandom over the years, is that we are not a tribe that seems to value artistic development. It's sad. There are definitely some standouts, but I think any progress along those lines would have to be kept to a small, dedicated circle. The more people that try to get involved, the less likely it is that anything will ever come of it.
So very true.

That being said, there's nothing wrong with attempting a 3rd remixed comic.
Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 03:23 AM   #680
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 18,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Splinter View Post
Ladies and Gentlemen, may I present, on this 19th of June, in the year of 2015, 3 1/2 years later, MIRAGE VOLUME 1 NUMBER 02 (FAN REMIX COMIC).

-ms
Very cool dude
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fan project, remix

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.