The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 09-30-2017, 06:35 PM   #21
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
They were mutant Shredder clones mixed with crabs, why would that bother you? It looked like something out of Resident Evil when they were all combined together and it was great.
I don't think that they talking about that. They were referring to the huge building sized Mutant Shredder monster that Leo had to Attack on Titan style battle with the tongue was tipped with a human form of Saki that came out of the mouth.

I liked the crustacean Shredder mutants actually.

I just thought of another one, the Spasmosaur the turtles had to fight in the Tri-Arena. I didn't like the design on that at all either. Really could have gone for something a bit less "clich'e Astroboy monster"

I didn't like Kintaro at first, but he grew on me quickly. Yojimbo is another I think was done masterfully! Alopex was pretty good too even if she wasn't an artic fox and looked closer to Ninjara.

Overall I was pleased with most of the designs, most of my complaints are meager at best. The only one I really loathed was Apocalypse Leo if I had to pick just one.

Thank you to evan2000 for the AWESOME gif! <3

Last edited by drag0nfeathers; 09-30-2017 at 06:42 PM.
drag0nfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 06:47 PM   #22
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Future Leo AKA Maximus Kong is the only design that I absolutely hate. Others may have small aspects I'd change if it were up to me, but overall I think this series may have had the best designs of any, overall.
I feel the same way about Maximus Kong, there are quite a few monster turtle designs they could have take inspiration from but instead they give us an odd proportioned mess of a design that is wholly unpleasant to look at.
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 07:24 PM   #23
CyberCubed
Overlord

What if they went with the mutated forms of the original cartoon?

CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 07:29 PM   #24
Powder
So tired of this place

I always liked those, myself. Not so much Leonardo's second stage, but the first form that all 4 of them had was dope.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 07:34 PM   #25
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's kind of ironic they hinted double mutation for the Turtles ever since Dogpound first mutated into Rahzar but we never saw it till the finale.

I thought we were going to see an episode where one of the Turtles temporarily double mutates, like the ones in the original cartoon or gamera Raph from Mirage or mutated Don from 4kids:

This is another plotline almost every TMNT incarnation does, the Turtles mutating again to hulk forms.
Old 09-30-2017, 07:38 PM   #26
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Ironic
Stahp, thats not Irony
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 07:39 PM   #27
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Stahp, thats not Irony
That's why this meme exists:

Old 09-30-2017, 07:58 PM   #28
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
It's kind of ironic they hinted double mutation for the Turtles ever since Dogpound first mutated into Rahzar but we never saw it till the finale.

I thought we were going to see an episode where one of the Turtles temporarily double mutates, like the ones in the original cartoon or gamera Raph from Mirage or mutated Don from 4kids:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/KyXaQIyrqaQ/hqdefault.jpg

This is another plotline almost every TMNT incarnation does, the Turtles mutating again to hulk forms.
That Donatello is how you design a double mutated turtle, really wish they went with that route with Future Leo.
Old 09-30-2017, 08:03 PM   #29
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

That...I'm not really sure...
Old 09-30-2017, 08:50 PM   #30
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninturtle View Post
In your opinion what characters in the show have the worst designs?

Generally I love the designs and models for characters in the show, but to me the worst designs this show has done have are April Derp and Future Leo. I hate how ridiculous April Derp is as a character design and a concept, the design tried way too hard to be gross over the top and it just seemed goofy. Future Leo is even worse in my opinion, his head is too small, his body looks to humanoid to the point where he barely looks like a turtle, he just looks like leo got his head put onto a muscular human rather than a monstrous turtle.
What!? April Derp is the best character design of all time! I love the hell out of it!
Old 09-30-2017, 09:13 PM   #31
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
What!? April Derp is the best character design of all time! I love the hell out of it!
I get that they were trying to do a gross out version of an April clone but April Derp seemed a bit too ridiculous for my taste, more than me hating her design I hate that she repeats out dated internet lingo.
Old 09-30-2017, 11:14 PM   #32
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
LOL, WTF? Muckman's design looks almost identical to his old one. Either way what should a pile of garbage look like?

Anyone for me Spiderbitez was a real miss, but since he was such a minor character it doesn't matter.
This exactly why I'm sick of you. This thread is for people to give their opinions on the worst Nick designs. Not 'Name your worst Nick Designs and Cybercubed will tell you why you're wrong'.

Let people have their own opinions and say what they dislike. You don't have to come in like a ****in douche and tell people their opinions are wrong or try to make excuses for either the characters or the show just because YOU can't handle any form of criticism towards your oh so beloved show.

Why you haven't been permanently banned by now is beyond me. This is getting to be trolling or bullying almost where nobody can say anything negative about the show without you barging in to 'correct them'.

I'm done. I'm convinced the only reason you're still allowed to post here is because the mods feel the forum needs a villain or a heel for some reason.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 11:55 PM   #33
Powder
So tired of this place

Cybercubed is right, though. Muckman is pretty much a 1:1 of the original design, & Vegeta is a known troll.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 12:48 AM   #34
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Cybercubed is right, though. Muckman is pretty much a 1:1 of the original design, & Vegeta is a known troll.
Yes, he's right with Muckman, but that doesn't excuse the thousands of other times he just busts in on someone saying anything remotely negative about his beloved children's show. It stopped being funny and it's becoming ****ing annoying.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 12:58 AM   #35
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

I never liked the mutated Rockwell/Monkey Brains design. I always thought it was rather plain. But what I absolutely HATED about it was when he did that stupid popping-out eye thing:
Spoiler:

It looks incredibly stupid and it really irritates me.

I didn’t like the designs of most of the in-name-only characters either (like the Neutrinos, Rahzar). And certain redesigns like Casey or Bebop or the Kraang and small things like Don’s gap never clicked with me.

Ones I was surprised that I actually liked we’re Dregg and the Squirrelanoids. Dregg had some pretty cool design elements and could’ve been a really villain in another show (plus I really liked the VA they chose for him). The Squirrelanoid’s designs were obvious homages to the Xenomorphs, so I had to like it.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 04:00 AM   #36
newfan
Mad Scientist

Leo's face did still have 'young' look to it and didn't really match the body but I wonder if they toned down on the grossness because it was a permanent change to him rather than a alternate reality for instance. They may have wanted the children to see something they recognised still.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 05:24 AM   #37
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Yes, he's right with Muckman, but that doesn't excuse the thousands of other times he just busts in on someone saying anything remotely negative about his beloved children's show.
Oh my goodness! I can see it now.

"CyberCubed: Rise of the Corporate Plant"

Now at select theaters!

Last edited by Papenbrook; 10-01-2017 at 05:30 AM.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 07:54 AM   #38
asfaloth12
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
Leo's face did still have 'young' look to it and didn't really match the body but I wonder if they toned down on the grossness because it was a permanent change to him rather than a alternate reality for instance. They may have wanted the children to see something they recognised still.
Considering how many fans (and Nick) are treating this as an alternate reality, they may as well have gone all out.
Also, they had to make sure that Raph and the others would be able to recognize him during those scenes at the end, I suppose.
Old 10-01-2017, 08:07 AM   #39
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
They may have wanted the children to see something they recognised still.
That's exactly it. I saw it coming from a mile away, since he looked exactly like Dark Leo from FF. But I guess they wanted younger viewers to understand who it was immediately upon the reveal. Wish they could have thought of something more clever to both conceal and later reveal his true identity.

That being said, it was still pretty freakish and unsettling even if it was silly looking.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 08:25 AM   #40
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
That's exactly it. I saw it coming from a mile away, since he looked exactly like Dark Leo from FF. But I guess they wanted younger viewers to understand who it was immediately upon the reveal. Wish they could have thought of something more clever to both conceal and later reveal his true identity.

That being said, it was still pretty freakish and unsettling even if it was silly looking.
Yeah I didn't like seeing him like that.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cybercucked5cuckinboots