The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 03-21-2017, 03:22 AM   #1
Vicky82
Emperor

Discussion On The 3 New Episodes From The DVD (Warning Spoilers)

Warning This Thread Contains Big Spoilers

This thread is for the 3 new episodes that haven't aired on TV but will be out on DVD today in America.

Only discuss the 3 new episodes in this thread please, don't use other threads.

You don't need to use spoiler tags in this thread.

The episodes are

The Forgotten Swordsman
Heart Of Evil
End Times

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 04:48 AM   #2
neatoman
Emperor

Is the DVD out yet?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 04:49 AM   #3
ToTheNines
[sic]

Was gonna wake up early and watch these, but they're not on Amazon or vudu yet.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 05:15 AM   #4
Redworld96
Stone Warrior

Amazon says it will be in stock on March 26th https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...vshowsondvdcom

Last edited by Redworld96; 03-21-2017 at 05:25 AM.
Redworld96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 05:35 AM   #5
ToTheNines
[sic]

It's not a preorder though, so it looks like they just ran out. All nearby walmarts have it, according to the internet.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 08:22 AM   #6
biganimefan
Foot Soldier

I've got the DVD. Watching it now.
biganimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 10:05 AM   #7
nellyp
Stone Warrior

I am at the Walmart here in Canada with the DVD in my cart and was pleasantly surprised that there are unreleased episodes on disc 2.
nellyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 12:01 PM   #8
cartooncrazy4
Random Punk

I'm just curious to see why Donnie has a grudge against the don
cartooncrazy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 12:06 PM   #9
biganimefan
Foot Soldier

no idea, but he was used in the episode. Looks like he's already been killed off though.

I'm actually watching these episodes right now.
Old 03-21-2017, 12:08 PM   #10
Vicky82
Emperor

This must be a dark episode if he got killed off.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 12:10 PM   #11
biganimefan
Foot Soldier

A bit yeah...his life force was basically absorbed by the dragon.
Old 03-23-2017, 02:12 PM   #12
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Ok time to give my full thoughts on all 3 episodes, this is gonna be long:

1. Firstly, it felt so good to be able to watch all 4 episodes of season 5s 1st arc back to back like a movie, especially since I already watched the season 4 finale back in December when it aired in Korea so this was definetly a big treat.

2. Kavaxas was just an awesome villain. Great design, backstory and who could forget that voice?

3. I was confused as to the origin of the cult members at first but I'm glad they gave them a creative backstory that involved the events of the season 4 finale. Also, kudos to the writers for giving the homeless man a major plot point.

4. I never expected Tatsu from the original movie would ever appear in another version but I was wrong. Even though he appeared and died in the same episode, I would be lying if I said he didn't leave a mark. He was pretty intimidating to be honest.

5. I like how Karai cares about the legacy of the foot even after she's no longer an ally of shredder. It shows that the foot goes beyond just being Shredder's evil clan.

6. I thought Razhar would've survived being submerged somehow but I was wrong. It was funny to see him fear Tatsu and I was pretty shocked when he turned on Tiger Claw even though Shredder was merely the puppet of Kavaxas. I guess Kavaxas had influence of Razhar as well. Unlike Shredder though, who went back to hell, I wish Razhar comes back. It doesn't feel right for Razhar to be dead and Fishface casually going on vacation.

7. The Heart of evil was a fun episode and showed the angry side of Donnie I was always wanted to see. Ever since the OT, I was fascinated with Donnie's distrust towards humanity and his hatred of those who are prejduced against mutants. It was a blast seeing Nick Donnie go through that in his grudge against Don Vizioso.

8. Seeing Kavaxas secret disloyalty to Tiger Claw slowly build up till the point where he betrays him via Zombie Shredder was interesting. Speaking of Zombie Shredder, man he looked horrific and lifeless (zombie after all). Merely a puppet for Kavaxas to rule the world and it seemed being in hell for so long sucked every bit of personality out of him, leaving him as a heartless monster.

9. The end ghostbusters-esque fight was alot of fun. I'm happy they saved it for the end and didnt force it throughout the whole episode. It was cool seeing the ghosts of Tatsu, Splinter and even Ho Chan. Just pure epic everywhere.

10. The ending with Splinter hugging Karai and saying goodbye to everyone was very touching. It felt very natural and appropriate since he died quite abruptly in Requiem. It feels like the perfect closure for him and I doubt his ghost will ever come back but that's all ok, since his wisdom will live on forever and we'll even get to see him in a flashback episode with baby turtles.

11. Also, Tiger Claw called on a truce with the turtles? Id certainly like to see where that goes. Does he reconcile with Alopex, does he betray them? What about Razhar, Fishface, Bebop, Rocksteady and Baxter Stockman? I guess time will tell and we can only speculate till then.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 03-23-2017 at 02:56 PM.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 05:09 PM   #13
TheJ-manTurtleMan
Stone Warrior

I agree with everyone's sentiments about this being the best season of NickTurtles yet, possibly the best of any turtle series (possibly). The new format with these "Tales" has allowed for a more cinematic quality, and more exposition and character development. Whereas before it seemed like they would have to cram so much in a less then 30min episode. It also allows the plot not to be stretched over a whole season. If they had still stuck to the same format we probably wouldn't have had the episode "End Times" till the season finale, with several other episodes with one-time plots in-between.

I Think overall having these 4 episodes together makes for a more enjoyable viewing experience. I can't wait to see what the other "Tales" hold!

"I love a little hot sauce on my pizza! I love a little hot sauce yes I dooo!"
TheJ-manTurtleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 07:53 PM   #14
saintsaucey
Hench Mutant

I was hoping when tiger claw asked kavaxas to bring back chris bradford he would actually bring back chris bradford and not razar or dog pound.

Last edited by saintsaucey; 03-24-2017 at 06:58 AM.
saintsaucey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 10:41 PM   #15
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Heart is evil sort of weirded me out more than anything, I mean sure the Don almost vivisected Donatello but seeing what the series dished out to the turtle you would't think Donnie would hold a grudge against someone who didn't even cut skin(or shell).
Old 03-23-2017, 11:29 PM   #16
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
Heart is evil sort of weirded me out more than anything, I mean sure the Don almost vivisected Donatello but seeing what the series dished out to the turtle you would't think Donnie would hold a grudge against someone who didn't even cut skin(or shell).
I feel that the obvious dislike and attempt to get rid of all "muties" had a bit to do with it. I wonder if we can connect this back to the Aeon thing or maybe it's pent up anger in general over all that's happened.

The fact that Donnie has that type of deep rage is interesting...even if he did kill that one guy. I heard a crack/snap.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dvd releases, please ban cubed