The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 11-10-2017, 02:44 PM   #21
CyberCubed
Overlord

Wow, that's weird. I rewatch shows all the time, especially my favorites. I can never just say, "Well that was a good show but I don't think I'll watch it again."

What is the point of watching things if you don't plan on rewatching them?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 02:52 PM   #22
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

The only reason I rewatch something is if I'd like to focus on other aspects of the film besides the main plot.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 02:56 PM   #23
CyberCubed
Overlord

So you guys don't even rewatch shows you know you liked or loved? I mean here's a small sample of shows I rewatch regularly:

1. Original TMNT cartoon I marathon every 3 years or so, but I've seen every ep countless times as a kid so I'm not counting this.

2. I've rewatched the TMNT 2k3 series at least 5 times.

3. I just rewatched all of Nick TMNT a second time, so I've seen every ep twice.

4. I rewatched the entire DCAU every few years. Seen B:TAS episodes countless times, rewatched Superman, Batman Beyond and Justice League all at least 4 times.

5. I rewatched the 2003 Teen Titans cartoon at least 4 times.

6. I rewatch classic era Simpsons (Seasons 1-10) countless times, although I'm due for another rewatch.

7. Rewatched X-men Evolution 4 times, Wolverine and the X-men twice, Avengers: EMH twice.

8. Rewatch some anime as a kid like Dragonball Z, Pokemon, etc. many times. (And these shows have hundreds of eps)

9. Rewatched Garogoyles at least 5 times the whole way through.

10. Rewatched all of Futurama around 3 times.

And this is just a small sample. I can't never imagine rewatching shows I liked in the future.
Old 11-10-2017, 03:03 PM   #24
sdp
Megan Fox = April

It's especially difficult when a show is more than 100 episodes since it requires investment over a long period of time if you're only watching 1 episode per day or to marathon it in a weekend and do nothing productive that's why I secretly dread long shows and look on wikipedia for shows cancelled after one or two seasons. I then complain that I would've loved for this show to have had more episodes

This way I've discovered amazing obscure cartoons, so it's good. And if they're awful then at least they're only 13 episodes or so.

I like re-watching stuff but 3 years apart? that's too soon, I'd get tired of it. I love Jurassic Park, my favorite movie but I don't let myself re-watch it more than once every 3 years, and that's only one movie and my favorite one, so other franchises have to wait a little longer.

Also with the shows form my childhood that I want to re-watch / old shows I never watched / new shows that are coming out and my limited time, my queue only gets longer and longer. I've been meaning to re-watch Mighty Max again since it's been ten years but I keep bumping it and bumping it

and no, not doing the 1.5x speed~!

Obviously as a kid I re-watched shows a lot.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 03:04 PM   #25
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Whenever I rewatch things I just skip to the part I like, I rarely watch the whole thing
Old 11-10-2017, 03:06 PM   #26
CyberCubed
Overlord

I usually only watch 4 eps a day of whatever show I'm watching, and even with a schedule like that I manage to completely finishing rewatching shows in a month or less. Only a few shows I watch have 100 episodes or more, and even then it doesn't take much more than 2-3 months to rewatch it.

Back in 2015 I rewatched all of Dragonball/Dragonball Z and the movies/specials to prepare myself for Super and I did it all in about 4 months I think. And that's like 400+ something episodes.
Old 11-10-2017, 03:21 PM   #27
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
The only reason I rewatch something is if I'd like to focus on other aspects of the film besides the main plot.
I wrote a term paper for a media class on the Alien movies and ended up marathoning them a couple of times. I also covered the 2014 video game Alien: Isolation is my analysis and played through the main game and two of the DLC campaigns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 08:25 PM   #28
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So you guys don't even rewatch shows you know you liked or loved? I mean here's a small sample of shows I rewatch regularly:

1. Original TMNT cartoon I marathon every 3 years or so, but I've seen every ep countless times as a kid so I'm not counting this.

2. I've rewatched the TMNT 2k3 series at least 5 times.

3. I just rewatched all of Nick TMNT a second time, so I've seen every ep twice.

4. I rewatched the entire DCAU every few years. Seen B:TAS episodes countless times, rewatched Superman, Batman Beyond and Justice League all at least 4 times.

5. I rewatched the 2003 Teen Titans cartoon at least 4 times.

6. I rewatch classic era Simpsons (Seasons 1-10) countless times, although I'm due for another rewatch.

7. Rewatched X-men Evolution 4 times, Wolverine and the X-men twice, Avengers: EMH twice.

8. Rewatch some anime as a kid like Dragonball Z, Pokemon, etc. many times. (And these shows have hundreds of eps)

9. Rewatched Garogoyles at least 5 times the whole way through.

10. Rewatched all of Futurama around 3 times.

And this is just a small sample. I can't never imagine rewatching shows I liked in the future.
Yes, but you see... you have no life, no friends, no job and never leave the house. Not all of us, even if we're in a TMNT forum, have all that free time. Stop acting so surprised that not all of us have time to marathon shows and game all day.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 08:32 PM   #29
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Yes, but you see... you have no life, no friends, no job and never leave the house. Not all of us, even if we're in a TMNT forum, have all that free time. Stop acting so surprised that not all of us have time to marathon shows and game all day.
CyberCubed has stated numerous times before that he does have a job, and I believe him. I mean he is a 32 year old man. How else would he survive? He's been on welfare since he left College or something? Dunno if I believe him when he says he plays a ton of games and watches stuff everyday. Either he barely sleeps or he exaggerates about the stuff he watches and plays just to get more "nerd cred"
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 09:03 PM   #30
sdp
Megan Fox = April

you n00bs don't know the power of 1.5x speed.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 09:07 PM   #31
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
you n00bs don't know the power of 1.5x speed.
...I've only heard of people doing that for anime and cartoons. Never for live action tv and movies. I'd never be able to enjoy watching anything at 1.5x speed. All the skipping and sped up high pitched voices? Ugh. A show is something you watch to entertain yourself and also relax. Not something to speed up through like it's some boring domestic chore. Same reason I don't like to watch over 7-8 episodes of a show in a day. It gets tiresome and feels more like work instead of entertainment.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 11:43 PM   #32
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
CyberCubed has stated numerous times before that he does have a job, and I believe him.
Oh good Lord.... I feel sorry for any co-worker that brings up the Turtles in any way, shape or form. Especially if during the Bay era he happened to overhear one of his co-workers say something like 'Oh yeah, we're gonna watch Ninja Turtles this weekend, it looks awesome!' He was probably biting his tongue as to not jump in and correct them.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
animation, comics, dc comics, marvel, movies