The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 06-21-2017, 01:00 PM   #421
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaheap View Post
How did you log into Paypal prior to purchase?
I didn't login to PayPal in advance for my purchase so it's not entirely necessary. However, I think if you open a second browser and login it may recognize it as already logged into PayPal when you are checking out in the first browser.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 01:03 PM   #422
Wretched Reptile
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
... I think if you open a second browser and login it may recognize it as already logged into PayPal when you are checking out in the first browser.
That's correct. It really saves precious seconds so I absolutely recommend it.
Wretched Reptile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 01:28 PM   #423
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaheap View Post
How did you log into Paypal prior to purchase?
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieNES View Post
Log into Neca and add some random thing into cart. Continue through transactions and select PayPal. Somewhere along the way it'll ask if you want to always remain logged in for faster transactions. Select yes. When to last stage of order, just cancel and remove the random item and stay on Neca's website.

When the turtles pop, click add to cart, checkout using (already logged in) PayPal, confirm, done.

Something like that.
what he said

also make sure your preferred shipping address is exactly the same on you necastore account or you will waste time with needless clicking
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 01:47 PM   #424
Wretched Reptile
Foot Soldier

The thing is, you don't even need a Neca Store account. I think this is also causing some people confusion and for them to miss out. I literally used PayPal and nothing but. Add them to your cart and click on the PayPal button to checkout. All your shipping and relevant info is copied over from PayPal when finishing checking out. It's literally a matter of a few clicks (if you're already logged in to PayPal in advance as previously recommended) and you're done.
Wretched Reptile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 02:33 PM   #425
Bmaga123
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched Reptile View Post
The thing is, you don't even need a Neca Store account. I think this is also causing some people confusion and for them to miss out. I literally used PayPal and nothing but. Add them to your cart and click on the PayPal button to checkout. All your shipping and relevant info is copied over from PayPal when finishing checking out. It's literally a matter of a few clicks (if you're already logged in to PayPal in advance as previously recommended) and you're done.
This is exactly what I did as well and it worked so thanks for the advice yesterday
Bmaga123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 03:55 PM   #426
Bmaga123
Stone Warrior

Is anyone else surprised by how quickly these sets are selling out?
Old 06-21-2017, 04:50 PM   #427
Powder
So tired of this place

Not remotely, why would anyone be?

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 05:17 PM   #428
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I guess it's a but surprising that the sets was sold out within 2 minutes instead of 5-10, but beyond that, not really.

But I hope the sale gives NECA some numbers that they can use to negotiate a better future license deal, it's stupid that they're limited to Con box-set exclusives when it comes to 7" figures. There's a huge difgference between NECA's $20-$25 figure and Playmates $10 figure, and I doubt grandma is going to buy wrong figure for little Billy with that price difference.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 05:42 PM   #429
Bmaga123
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Not remotely, why would anyone be?
200.00 dollars a set x 1,200 per day you would think they would be available for at least 10-15 minutes not 1 to 3 minutes!
Old 06-21-2017, 06:03 PM   #430
Powder
So tired of this place

Of course the best figures of the single most popular iteration of TMNT would sell out immediately. Price isn't a factor, they're aimed at adults, & you're getting your money's worth.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 06:21 PM   #431
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
I guess it's a but surprising that the sets was sold out within 2 minutes instead of 5-10, but beyond that, not really.

But I hope the sale gives NECA some numbers that they can use to negotiate a better future license deal, it's stupid that they're limited to Con box-set exclusives when it comes to 7" figures. There's a huge difgference between NECA's $20-$25 figure and Playmates $10 figure, and I doubt grandma is going to buy wrong figure for little Billy with that price difference.
Folks want Playmates to "lose the license" but does NECA have the infrastructure to produce the scale Playmates does? Also NECA would need to have a $8 retail price point and eventually have to cut corners the same way Playmates does. I think no matter who makes the figs it turns out the same way. Because the final product needs to be an affordable kids toy purchased at a grocery store. That's why I think Playmates should not lose the license but NECA should be able to make a 7" scale mass market figure for adults. Room for both companies in my opinion because they have different target demographics.
Old 06-21-2017, 06:44 PM   #432
Panther10
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmaga123 View Post
Is anyone else surprised by how quickly these sets are selling out?
I'm not surprised at all. Collectors see this set as probably one of the top 10 instant collections of 2017 and scalpers see this set as a goldmine. Hell there must be a couple of young new parents out there who are looking at this set and thinking that it will put their kids through college someday.
Panther10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 06:57 PM   #433
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

This reminds me so much of Matty Collector. Man, it seems so long ago now. There was no login button, but if you went into the services tab and reviewed your previous orders, it would ask you to log in and you would stay logged in, which would save precious seconds later as the site hung for minutes at a time.

I missed out on a couple of things on Matty when they sold out while I had them in my cart, waiting for the site to acknowledge that I'd clicked the purchase button.
Old 06-21-2017, 07:46 PM   #434
Bmaga123
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Of course the best figures of the single most popular iteration of TMNT would sell out immediately. Price isn't a factor, they're aimed at adults, & you're getting your money's worth.
Good point!
Old 06-21-2017, 09:02 PM   #435
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther10 View Post
I'm not surprised at all. Collectors see this set as probably one of the top 10 instant collections of 2017 and scalpers see this set as a goldmine. Hell there must be a couple of young new parents out there who are looking at this set and thinking that it will put their kids through college someday.
Not all collectors see it as an investment, I'm a collector but I bought this set to reminisce of my childhood watching the cartoon.

Plus its a new Shredder Krang and Foot Soldier
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 09:10 PM   #436
tmntfannumerouno
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Folks want Playmates to "lose the license" but does NECA have the infrastructure to produce the scale Playmates does? Also NECA would need to have a $8 retail price point and eventually have to cut corners the same way Playmates does. I think no matter who makes the figs it turns out the same way. Because the final product needs to be an affordable kids toy purchased at a grocery store. That's why I think Playmates should not lose the license but NECA should be able to make a 7" scale mass market figure for adults. Room for both companies in my opinion because they have different target demographics.
I don't know that I actually agree with this. Why can't there be a marvel legends style tmnt line and the cheaper playmates line? I think half the time NECA just uses playmates as an excuse when in reality NECA are tight wads. They know it would cost them too much to sell something like tmnt at retail. If they had the same deal that playmates has with viacom they couldn't get away with all the reused tooling that goes on now. Like you said they don't have the right infrastructure for that because they refuse to put up the money to move ahead. On the other hand the argument can be made that playmates also uses the same tooling from time to time but there's always a number of new sculpts that has to be released too.
tmntfannumerouno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 09:12 PM   #437
King Kahn
Stone Warrior

Quote:
No, I think people just want Playmates to not have a MASTER license. I don't think anyone here is saying let NECA have the master license or do the mass retail kid aimed lines.

NECA DOES do mass market lines though so they DO have the capability but I wouldn't want them to waste their time on a kid friendly line.

But I agree with you, everyone just wants NECA to be able to sell their TMNT product in stores like they do with all their other lines like aliens, etc.
King Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 09:33 PM   #438
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntfannumerouno View Post
I don't know that I actually agree with this. Why can't there be a marvel legends style tmnt line and the cheaper playmates line? I think half the time NECA just uses playmates as an excuse when in reality NECA are tight wads. They know it would cost them too much to sell something like tmnt at retail. If they had the same deal that playmates has with viacom they couldn't get away with all the reused tooling that goes on now. Like you said they don't have the right infrastructure for that because they refuse to put up the money to move ahead. On the other hand the argument can be made that playmates also uses the same tooling from time to time but there's always a number of new sculpts that has to be released too.
Interesting thoughts about NECA. And I have always liked the idea of a ML style TMNT line but I'm sure Playmates would want to be doing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
No, I think people just want Playmates to not have a MASTER license. I don't think anyone here is saying let NECA have the master license or do the mass retail kid aimed lines.

NECA DOES do mass market lines though so they DO have the capability but I wouldn't want them to waste their time on a kid friendly line.

But I agree with you, everyone just wants NECA to be able to sell their TMNT product in stores like they do with all their other lines like aliens, etc.
Some people would like to see Playmates without the master license. But not necessarily see NECA with the license. What company ends up with it? Just makes a little sense if not Playmates as holder of license that NECA would step in. Do to NECA having some TMNT experience and fan following. What company would get the master license if not one of those two?
Old 06-21-2017, 09:39 PM   #439
tmntfannumerouno
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Interesting thoughts about NECA. And I have always liked the idea of a ML style TMNT line but I'm sure Playmates would want to be doing it.

Some people would like to see Playmates without the master license. But not necessarily see NECA with the license. What company ends up with it? Just makes a little sense if not Playmates as holder of license that NECA would step in. Do to NECA having some TMNT experience and fan following. What company would get the master license if not one of those two?
Why not Hasbro or Mattel?
tmntfannumerouno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 09:51 PM   #440
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntfannumerouno View Post
Why not Hasbro or Mattel?
I think Hasbro has a strong partnership with Disney. If nickelodeon and tmnt was to enter the mix. Not sure how that goes down or if it even matters. Mattel, why the heck not. I think they have done nick toys in the past.