The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 12-11-2019, 09:45 PM   #421
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
I thought about them adding a reference or Easter egg to the 2016 movie. Something small in the background would be kinda cool imo.
Maybe Melissa McCarthy can show up in a short scene, sit in a chair and almost immediately get killed by a ghost.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 09:56 PM   #422
Leo656
The Franchise

Or maybe Melissa McCarthy can f*ck off forever because she's terrible? I'm okay with that, let's do that.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 10:01 PM   #423
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Or maybe Melissa McCarthy can f*ck off forever because she's terrible? I'm okay with that, let's do that.
Have her take the loud and obnoxious Leslie Jones with her
Old 12-11-2019, 10:10 PM   #424
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

After the last one there was a lot of talk that they'd try and do another one where the two teams of Ghostbusters join forces by stepping into another universe. I wonder if there's still any push to do that.

Hope not.
Old 12-11-2019, 10:15 PM   #425
Leo656
The Franchise

Benz: Yeah, for sure. My wife and I were just talking about that.

The other two chicks in that movie weren't THAT bad, and I totally can believe that they're entertaining in other things. I don't remember their names and I don't have a pulsing desire to actually see them in anything, but they weren't too bad.

But Leslie Jones only has a job in Hollywood because otherwise "everyone is racist" and McCarthy only gets work because everything nowadays needs a Token Fatty or the filmmakers get yelled at. The only reason they get booked is for the purpose of "inclusion", otherwise they'd be bus drivers or cashiers or something.

People argue that Hollywood is implicitly biased against women, and that's true to a degree, BUT, in the grand scheme of things the playing field is ultimately pretty level. Man OR woman, you only really "get over" in the entertainment business - ANY part of the entertainment business that's in front of a camera - by either being Really Good, OR Really Good-Looking. It's always one or the other, and sometimes people like Pitt or DiCaprio can start off in Column B and eventually graduate to Column A after years of experience and hard work. But it's how the game is played. Lord knows that I myself have been told by more than one promoter, "Good thing you're kinda good-looking, because people sure don't pay to see you wrestle."

But Jones and McCarthy are all-around terrible and they're not even attractive enough to make up for it. I'm not sure if it's a "I have pictures of Weinstein with a kid and a donkey" situation or what, but there's definitely Shenanigans at work. Otherwise they'd be unemployed.

Old 12-11-2019, 10:31 PM   #426
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Quote:
If your job is to rebuild audience trust, the absolute last thing you should do is remind people even 1% of the thing that got everybody all pissed off.
I don't disagree one bit. I'm sure Sony, the Reitmans, and Dan "Feig will never step foot on the Sony lot again" Aykroyd don't either, hence no cameos. I personally think it would have been a nice, cordial gesture. You like rasslin. We obviously don't see eye to eye on things.

Outside of big studio projects, Wiig and McKinnon are IMO borderline geniuses with absurdist comedy. If that's your thing, I highly recommend The Spoils of Babylon or The Spoils Before Dying. Way more entertaining than any post-1994 WWF. It's still real to me, damn it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
After the last one there was a lot of talk that they'd try and do another one where the two teams of Ghostbusters join forces by stepping into another universe. I wonder if there's still any push to do that.

Hope not.
The IDW comics did it. I highly doubt anything else comes of it.

Personally, I hope Afterlife ties up the OG storyline and opens up the title for something more akin to Aykroyd's original idea-- underpaid, blue collar ghost exterminators.

Last edited by d_osborn; 12-11-2019 at 10:49 PM.
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 10:58 PM   #427
Leo656
The Franchise

Wooooaaaaaah there, pally. Allow me to clarify one little but important thing, if I may.

I wrestle. Not as much as I used to, Because Reasons. But I am still, technically, "A Wrestler". At least on occasion, including possibly this weekend.

And therefore, like many other people "In Da Biz" who's been doing this a while, I f*cking haaaaaate wrestling. Promoters are jizz rags, the fans are generally dumber than rock salt mixed with cat litter, and the stuff that gets over is invariably the lowest-common denominator type of garbage. Wrestling is stupid entertainment aimed at predominantly stupid people. I don't watch it and haven't in years, and can only stomach watching the stuff I saw as a kid. Which makes sense because it's "forgivable" to be a wrestling fan as a little kid, but once you get a little older... Eh, not so much.

So why do I bother? Because I'm kind of okay at it, and I sometimes make over a hundred bucks for ten minutes of work. The business is a whore and I will pimp her until she stops making me any money.

But I do not "like wrestling". Not for years and years. Just to clarify.

Old 12-11-2019, 10:59 PM   #428
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Andrew NDB. I thought you didn’t hate GB’16? You offered your way to connect it to the originals by having the villain wipe peoples memory. I said it could be the government.

McCarthy getting killed by a ghost? What because Bill Murray’s character gets attacked by that monster? I’ve always wondered if that was a reference to him saying he wanted to be ghost.

Anyway I did not mean actual cameos or anything impacting the storyline. Just Easter eggs. Maybe someone wearing the orange striped jumpsuit.

It’s true the other 2 girls are better. I’ve seen some other movies Wiig was good in. I liked her Ghostbusters character. She wasn’t just acting silly and her ghost girl backstory fit well.
Old 12-12-2019, 09:26 AM   #429
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Quote:
But I do not "like wrestling". Not for years and years. Just to clarify.
Next time it rains, know that those are the tears of Macho Man and Captain Lou crying from heaven after reading your post.

It's okay to admit guilty pleasures. I personally think Secret of the Ooze is better than most of the AFI Top 100 list.

Good luck this weekend. Are you a heel? USE THE CHAIR!
Old 12-12-2019, 09:45 AM   #430
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Andrew NDB. I thought you didn’t hate GB’16? You offered your way to connect it to the originals by having the villain wipe peoples memory. I said it could be the government.
I don't hate GB16. I just don't think it's any good.

Quote:
McCarthy getting killed by a ghost? What because Bill Murray’s character gets attacked by that monster? I’ve always wondered if that was a reference to him saying he wanted to be ghost.
Like, you really thought Murray wanted to come back in a sequel to GB16, even as a ghost? Zero chance.
Old 12-12-2019, 09:55 AM   #431
Xav
Foot Elite

I think he's talking about Ghostbusters 3 where Murray said he would only return if he could be a ghost.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 10:39 AM   #432
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
I think he's talking about Ghostbusters 3 where Murray said he would only return if he could be a ghost.
Which was never even confirmed as a real quote.
Old 12-12-2019, 11:25 AM   #433
Diorm
Hench Mutant

Murray being a ghost was only an idea along with all other ideas for GB3 over the years. It was never HIS idea. And as far as I know, he never had any conditions for GB3. Appart for the script being any good which is a given.
Diorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 01:26 PM   #434
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
Next time it rains, know that those are the tears of Macho Man and Captain Lou crying from heaven after reading your post.

It's okay to admit guilty pleasures. I personally think Secret of the Ooze is better than most of the AFI Top 100 list.

Good luck this weekend. Are you a heel? USE THE CHAIR!
I'll probably find out when I get to the venue, those decisions are above my pay grade.

Real-Life Heel for sure, though.

Old 12-12-2019, 06:35 PM   #435
sdp
Megan Fox = April

This movie brings out exactly what is wrong with media these days, everyone is all ready to go up and arms about their ****** political views on either end of the spectrum that people rage more than having a discussion on the actual show/movie/etc.

You have all these articles and "fans" praising ****** movies because they're progressive and calling the stuff that doesn't align with their beliefs as crap or some "***ist". Or you have the other side people raging over every single ****** article online, and I mean some are fair game, but not every single clickbait post which are done that way to get people to rage if you dislike the idea or click if you like the political thought. Then also complaining for a show actually having competent female/minorities going on real ****ist rants. Because they are indeed ****** people.

Then you have normal folk who will call out either side an no matter what type of comment if it vaguely resembles the opinion of the other side you are now a SJW or alt right. It's ****ing ridiculous.

This movie will bomb and people will say it's because the alt right lost or that the sjw GB ruined the franchise or whatever but fact is no one cares about GBs outside of the old farts who grew up with it. The only relevance with generations who didn't grow up with the movies is the cartoon thanks to reruns in the early 90s and stranger things because that show is cool with new generations, that's THEIR ghostbusters.

Last edited by sdp; 12-12-2019 at 06:41 PM.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 06:44 PM   #436
IMJ
Emperor

I have never established any kind of presence on Twitter, but if I had, my universal response to the Twitter aristocracy who is busy complaining about Ghostbusters 2020 would be something akin to "who's the 'manbaby' filling the internet with tears over a movie now?"

And then to accompany that, I'd go find a previous tweet from that person where they attacked a fandom at some point in the past.

Actually I'd like to think I'd say something wiser than just "who's the manbaby...." comment but making the same point. But you guys get the idea.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 08:10 PM   #437
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
This movie brings out exactly what is wrong with media these days, everyone is all ready to go up and arms about their ****** political views on either end of the spectrum that people rage more than having a discussion on the actual show/movie/etc.
Maybe I'm subconsciously filtering it out, but the only political/social discussion I've seen in regards to AFTERLIFE are posts complaining about political/social discussion in regards to AFTERLIFE.

On the "Venkman as a ghost" discussion earlier-- Murray commented during development of HELLBENT that the only way he would agree for the film to move forward (he had 1/5 approval rights) was if he were turned into a ghost in the first reel. Venkman wasn't exactly a "ghost" in Aykroyd's draft, but it was something along those lines.
Old 12-12-2019, 10:25 PM   #438
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

International travel with a little bit of new footage. Shows a proton pack test at the end.

Old 12-12-2019, 10:28 PM   #439
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Quote:
I don't hate GB16. I just don't think it's any good.
Oh so you wouldn’t mind if I used your idea in fanfic or something?

Quote:
Like, you really thought Murray wanted to come back in a sequel to GB16, even as a ghost? Zero chance.
No I meant just as nod to that being talked about in the past.
Old 12-12-2019, 10:57 PM   #440
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Oh so you wouldn’t mind if I used your idea in fanfic or something?
By all means, man.

Quote:
No I meant just as nod to that being talked about in the past.
Actually, I think I do remember there being a legit source to that. It was Aykroyd himself suggesting that. "Maybe he can be a ghost!" or something, but the movie news outlets of the time seemed to take that as "Bill Murray lays terms: make me a ghost or I won't do it!" or something somesuch.