Luzmagica
A Magic Light Dudette!

Quote:
Originally Posted by archon_turtle View Post
Wow amazing pics!!! Thanks!!!!!!
Old 03-10-2010, 12:26 PM   #22
the fixer
Hench Mutant

That's amazing, Archon! Thanks for the pix!

Like agliarept, I've often wondered what happened to the weapons, stunt and hero.
Oh, and what about Casey's mask and The Shredder's helmet... Wonder what happened to those....
the fixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 12:43 PM   #23
agliarept
Hench Mutant

something about holding the little puppet of splinter in those pics made me incredibly sad lol. its like you found him there just dead lol.

Its still really nice to see it after all these years. just a beauty of a prop. cheers!
agliarept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 03:13 PM   #24
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself

They do kinda look like autopsy photos
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 03:55 PM   #25
Raph
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by agliarept View Post
i've always wondered about what happened to the original weapons used in the first film. I remember reading that the actor who played Michaelangelo got to keep one of his nunchukus after filming. would def love to see some of that stuff one day.
You are right agliarept, Michelan Sisti kept a number of nunchucks as well as a pair of turtle feet, but those disintegrated over time and he trew those away.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:02 PM   #26
Kendamu
Sewerhead

The... nunchucks disentegrated?
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 05:06 PM   #27
agliarept
Hench Mutant

Awesome thanks raph!. I think the feet were the ones that disintegrated. The nunchukus should have been made of wood i think? or rubber if they were stunt ones. who knows!! I would sell all my props in my collection for that hero used nunchukus.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:12 PM   #28
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goongasnootch View Post
The... nunchucks disentegrated?
LOL no. The feet, man.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 05:16 PM   #29
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!

I want to see where that Casey Jones mask is... now that is cool.

Off topic, we need a casey icon! We got turtles, krang,shred, foot. We need a casey jones.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 07:37 PM   #30
Canadian Turtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph View Post
You are right agliarept, Michelan Sisti kept a number of nunchucks as well as a pair of turtle feet, but those disintegrated over time and he trew those away.
Yes, this is a warning to ALL who own Turtle suits, hands, feet, heads. There are one or two. I have seen what O2 can do to these things first hand. No matter what you think, they WILL go that way. Keeping them in class cabinets does not save them hahaha!! I can't offer the solution, just look into it!
Canadian Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 07:52 PM   #31
agliarept
Hench Mutant

Its true, something very sad no matter what. thankfully there's guy's like Tom over at Tom Spina designs who restored one of the original suits. sure it must cost a bunch of money but i always think anything TMNT related deserves to be preserved.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:21 PM   #32
Kendamu
Sewerhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
LOL no. The feet, man.

I figured as much but I had to ask. Those chucks, assuming they're almost exactly like one of the pair I have, would have to go through some hardcore weathering to rot.
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 08:39 PM   #33
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goongasnootch View Post
would have to go through some hardcore weathering to rot.
Like being in a sewer? Haha
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 09:49 PM   #34
jalexbrown
Foot Soldier

If I was going to spend enough money to buy a genuine Turtle suit from the movie, I'd definitely go the extra mile and spend enough money to find a way to preserve it.
jalexbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 04:01 PM   #35
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

it's totally possible to preserve foam latex and foam rubber... you just have to take the proper precautions in display location and method. no sunlight, no humidity really helps.

as far as PROPS... i have 3 TGRI/TCRI canisters from SOTO... one prototype labeled TCRI that is a modified leftover from the first film, or stunt TGRI with "ooze" and foam endcaps, and an incomplete background version that's missing an endcap. i purchased a huge box of TGRI canisters years ago... i was the one selling them on here. i had the NINJA RAP IS BORN newspaper from 2, but i sold it a few years ago... really kicking myself on that one.

i heard a few weeks ago that the FULL hero shredder helmet/armor/suit from 1 is a private collection in iowa. i know of a few pieces of shredder rubber stunt armor from 1, a hero foot soldier mask, TMNT 2 hero 'chucks, TMNT 1 shell, aaaaaaannnddd... that's all that's coming to mind at the moment. props are VERY hard to come across from the TMNT films for some reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Turtle View Post
As far as original Hero suits there are two heads left, both are hidden deep in storage in the UK. We have a chance to shoot them for the doc, but it will cost a lot of money just to see them, so we are crossing our figures for now and it is not likely we can find the cash to get them shipped.
if it's a matter of just getting the shots, i know a GREAT DP/HD shooter in the UK that is a nut for classic sfx. i'm sure he would be all for it...

Last edited by d_osborn; 03-11-2010 at 04:47 PM.
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 07:34 PM   #36
agliarept
Hench Mutant

I would have killed for that Ninja Rap is born. Saw one on ebay that sold for a little over 300 and Im still crying over missing the auction. one of the worse times in my ebay history lol.

Would you ever consider selling any of your canisters. I know I would love one. .

I heard that the sais from raph had to be custom made for the turtles fingers being to think to hold? Someone on "yourprops" supposedly has one from the same place where it was manufactured. that would be nice to know where he got it.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:04 PM   #37
Anakin Prime
Random Punk

All this prop talk is cool. Thanks for everyone who showed pics! I am with most people here, where is all of the rest of this stuff???? Didn't anyone think these movies would be hits and throw a bunch of things into some kind of storage?? Its a shame...
Anakin Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 09:21 PM   #38
Navin Johnson
Stone Warrior

I will try to post some pic's tomorrow.. my camera is not cooperating tonight
Old 03-12-2010, 03:11 AM   #39
the fixer
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
I will try to post some pic's tomorrow.. my camera is not cooperating tonight
That's great, Navin! And I don't even know what you have yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
as far as PROPS... i have 3 TGRI/TCRI canisters from SOTO... one prototype labeled TCRI that is a modified leftover from the first film, or stunt TGRI with "ooze" and foam endcaps, and an incomplete background version that's missing an endcap. i purchased a huge box of TGRI canisters years ago... i was the one selling them on here. i had the NINJA RAP IS BORN newspaper from 2, but i sold it a few years ago... really kicking myself on that one.

i heard a few weeks ago that the FULL hero shredder helmet/armor/suit from 1 is a private collection in iowa.
Hey D! I thought that username sounded familiar... (I'm fixer79 on the ghostbusters boards)
I didn't know you had so much TMNT props... Too bad you sold all of them canisters. Would've loved to buy one.

I didn't know about the hero Shredder suit being in a private collection. I wonder if we'll ever see pictures of it.

Anyway, I wanted to share a picture with you guys 'n gals.
Mind you, I don't own the following prop, just scanned it in from an old Dorling Kindersley book on movies I've had since I was a kid. It's a fairly rare picture. I haven't seen it anywhere else, anyway.
It's the best picture of a 'hero' animatronic head and skull I've ever seen. Just thought I'd share it with y'all.

cheers,

Cliff
the fixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 05:26 AM   #40
Vivi
Mad Scientist

Nice picture. Not to mention completely frightening.
Vivi is offline   Reply With Quote