The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 01-15-2013, 02:00 PM   #61
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Maybe, mainly cause a Teen Irma might be funny

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:15 PM   #62
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

@Jester
Yes, there was a picture of her on the caller ID.

I don't think she should show up, it was just a cameo.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:38 PM   #63
AnarkyLantern
Foot Soldier

There's a chance Dogpound saw her, though.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:18 AM   #64
Kendamu
Sewerhead

I would eventually like to see her. Nick's done everything else really well so far. They could work her in well, too.
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:11 AM   #65
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I get the feeling Irma will be introduced in Season 2.

Since we know Casey is coming that will likely push the teen crush aspect of April/Casey with Don getting jealous, and then you'll probably have Irma there as April's one female friend to relate to.

Season 2 is going to turn into a typicl Nick teen drama during the Casey/Don episodes.
I want Casey Jones erlier.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:28 AM   #66
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Kinda hoping they go the OT route and keep Casey as a cameo guest star appearing every now and then, and being too obsessed with fighting crime and busting heads to think about girls. Also kinda don't see April to be the type to just fall for the super-macho dumbass muscular type. But then again I'd rather avoid the whole teen drama thing in general. REALLY don't wanna see the 'April lets Don down gently because she really likes Casey and Don accepts he wants her to be happy and will be happier with a human' episode. Really... REALLY.... don't....

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:42 AM   #67
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
What the hell? I never noticed until now that it says "Weirdo friend" underneath Irmas name... That's strange.
It says "Weirdo Mcgee"
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:44 PM   #68
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Kinda hoping they go the OT route and keep Casey as a cameo guest star appearing every now and then, and being too obsessed with fighting crime and busting heads to think about girls. Also kinda don't see April to be the type to just fall for the super-macho dumbass muscular type. But then again I'd rather avoid the whole teen drama thing in general. REALLY don't wanna see the 'April lets Don down gently because she really likes Casey and Don accepts he wants her to be happy and will be happier with a human' episode. Really... REALLY.... don't....
Casey Jones doesn't need to be in every story (he works better with street criminals than aliens), but I would love to see the Turtle Farm in Northampton, Massachussetts.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:04 PM   #69
miru
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedenfan 1982 View Post
Casey Jones doesn't need to be in every story (he works better with street criminals than aliens), but I would love to see the Turtle Farm in Northampton, Massachussetts.
Maybe we could have a reference to the bizarre "Farmer Mike" toy, and maybe even a remake with modern toy technology!

Heck, lets even give the supporting cast varations like this? Who wouldn't want to see Hillbilly Chick Ninjara?
miru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:09 PM   #70
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Me, me! I wouldn't.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:07 PM   #71
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I thought you guys were joking, but you guys are actually being serious?

There is no way Nick will seriously mutate April into this show and stay that way. I can see her having a temporary mutation like the OT did (she was a mutant cat, fish and wasp), but she got changed back in the same episode.
No, I don't think it will be permanent, but it might be an ongoing arc.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:11 PM   #72
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by miru View Post

Heck, lets even give the supporting cast varations like this? Who wouldn't want to see Hillbilly Chick Ninjara?
Lots of people. Lots and lots of people, you freak.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:15 PM   #73
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
It says "Weirdo Mcgee"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
@Jester
Yes, there was a picture of her on the caller ID.

I don't think she should show up, it was just a cameo.
Dude, those were 2 pages and many responses ago...

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:15 PM   #74
Pterobat
Hench Mutant

Quote:
It'd be a melodramatic storyline, true, but I'd like it ending that way. Somedays I think it's practically revolutionary to suggest a female human character doesn't have to love a male non-human when he loves her.

Besides, Donny's a creep. He doesn't "deserve" April unless he stops being one.

http://pterobat.tumblr.com
Pterobat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:15 AM   #75
Konchadunga
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pterobat View Post
It'd be a melodramatic storyline, true, but I'd like it ending that way. Somedays I think it's practically revolutionary to suggest a female human character doesn't have to love a male non-human when he loves her.
"Revolutionary" means apart from the norm, and as such it would be revolutionary of the series to suggest that an interspecies romance can be a thing in the case of two sentient beings. How is it revolutionary to subvert interspecies romance when interspecies romance has hardly ever been done in children's TV?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pterobat View Post
Besides, Donny's a creep. He doesn't "deserve" April unless he stops being one.
No; Donny is a teenager. Most teenagers go through the phase of being lovestruck, horny stalkers. I'm not saying that makes it right, and not saying I'm not thoroughly disgusted by the acceptance and even fandom Twilight and "Call me Maybe" have in our society, but it's how these things work, and if Donny was a "creep," he wouldn't be risking his life on the basis of his crush.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:26 AM   #76
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I can actually see that happening tbqh. But for me it's more on "Don realized he's a dead end for April and he'll limit her potential".

From what Falco hinted in Monkey Brains, I think Don already struggles with "do I even have a chance" thing.

We all know that Most Writers Are Male. Something like eighty percent of media aimed at children have male main characters, whereas half the population is female. At best, women will often be minor characters or will not be present at all. Stories about women are for women, stories about men are for general consumption. (TV Tropes Feminist Fantasy)
Avatar Yuffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:18 AM   #77
Konchadunga
Stone Warrior

The thing is, though, that dead-end thing could just manifest in the form of nothing ever coming of this one-sided romance, rather than it having a sad ending. "If you love someone, set them free" might not inherently be a bad moral in itself, but in this case, it would come off as more of "ignore your heart and don't challenge the status quo" to many viewers. They're going to make a lot of people mad with this if they go the "lose April to Casey" route.

Last edited by Konchadunga; 01-17-2013 at 08:26 AM.
Konchadunga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:42 AM   #78
Kidatheart
Random Punk

I, personally, wouldn't mind Irma being introduce formally on the show considering she's been hinted at already. She doesn't have to be front and central, but it gives more story line to April, who seems to be a main character in all TV animated series. This also gives them an opportunity to make another toy later on when they start to run out of turtle variants to make.

I think that Don and April's relationship will just continue the way it has been. I not thinking they'll have them get any closer than they are now being human and mutant.
Spoiler:
Casey will most likely be on the show quite frequently due to the rumours that Corey Feldman is supose to be voicing him.

With that being said, I believe if Casey is teenaged like April, Then they'll be at very least flirtatious with each other. This will lead to Don becoming jealous which seems to be in his character and could lead to some rash decisions that can add to story line, at very least add filler here and there.
Kidatheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:09 AM   #79
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Kinda hope they shock the hell out of everybody and just make April fall for a guy at her school or whatever. Must the only 2 human friends of the Turtles fall for each other? Have they no lives other than whatever adventure the Turtles throw them into? lol Hell, have Casey fall for Karai and do the whole 'good/bad' thing they did in the 2K3 but with Casey instead of Leo.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:11 AM   #80
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Quote:
Kinda hope they shock the hell out of everybody and just make April fall for a guy at her school or whatever. Must the only 2 human friends of the Turtles fall for each other? Have they no lives other than whatever adventure the Turtles throw them into? lol Hell, have Casey fall for Karai and do the whole 'good/bad' thing they did in the 2K3 but with Casey instead of Leo.
Now that's kind of a neat concept.

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
irma, nick