The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 04-19-2016, 07:21 PM   #21
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntscorefan View Post
I can't really say exactly how I got it, but someone who works in the film industry was kind enough to send me copies of this and the third film. Sadly I don't have the score for the original but they said they can get a copy but it's harder because the score was recorded in the 80's and is stored on old analog tapes where as TMNT 2 and 3 were on digital audio tapes. I actually have a longer version of TMNT 2. The one I shared was something I edited together and took the best parts of it.

When I get a chance I may post something for TMNT 3.
Cool! Were there any unused tracks that didn't make it into the film for TMNT 2? If you get a chance, I would LOVE to hear the rest of what you have for 2!
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 08:49 PM   #22
tmntscorefan
Mouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
Cool! Were there any unused tracks that didn't make it into the film for TMNT 2? If you get a chance, I would LOVE to hear the rest of what you have for 2!
Well, there seems to be a few cues from the film not on what I was sent and then there are cues on here that I did not hear in the film but can tell it is a part of the score. So yes it has unused cues on here not in the film, but missing some as well.
tmntscorefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 09:27 PM   #23
leosplint28
Mouser

thanks for the score
leosplint28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 11:05 PM   #24
Roseangelo
Emperor

Whaaaaat?! This is amazing! Please do post everything you have! I guarantee that everyone here will eat it all up!
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 11:07 PM   #25
Anima Gemini
Foot Soldier

Thank you so much for posting this, tmntscorefan! This means so much to me, and I know that many other fans feel the same way. It's quite a remarkable occasion, considering this is something we've been waiting 25 years for!

And to echo the sentiments of TheSkeletonMan939, I'd like to reiterate that us completionists would also really love to hear the unabridged and unedited versions of the scores, too. Just know that if you ever have the time and feel inclined to post the other material in your possession, it would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again, dude! To sum all this up with just one word: Cowabunga!
Anima Gemini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 01:54 AM   #26
the fixer
Hench Mutant

OH
MY
GOD!

Dude, thanks a million for this!
We've been waiting for this a long... long, long time!

You totally made my day!
the fixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 02:47 AM   #27
Raph
Mad Scientist

I so agree with everyone here. You brought an amazing gift onto this forum. And if there's anything you can do to get that first movie score, you'd be the hero of this forum.

And! To be totally honest here..I would totally chip in, if that would be neccesary to get the movie 1 score! And I guess I'm not the only one.
__

You are awesome and looking forward to the movie 3 and (maybe) the full movie 2 score (been listening to it all day)!
Old 04-20-2016, 02:14 PM   #28
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntscorefan View Post
Well, there seems to be a few cues from the film not on what I was sent and then there are cues on here that I did not hear in the film but can tell it is a part of the score.
Parts of scores can go unused for a lot of reasons. Maybe the director decided he didn't want it in the end; maybe it was scored for a cut scene; maybe a source cue was used instead, or maybe it was tracked from previous material.

It's cool that this material has a chance to see the light of day now.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 02:46 PM   #29
Etsyturtle2
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Whaaaaat?! This is amazing! Please do post everything you have! I guarantee that everyone here will eat it all up!
That's a lie.
Etsyturtle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 05:52 PM   #30
Leonardo87
Stone Warrior

This is awesome dude! Much thanks and loving this very much! Can't wait for you to post III.
Leonardo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 08:49 AM   #31
pferreira
Foot Elite

This is great, it's made my day. Thank you!
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 08:52 AM   #32
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Awesome. Time to pair with the fan made audio rip score from TMNT 1.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 11:42 AM   #33
tmntscorefan
Mouser

Quote:
Not sure if I'll post up all the tracks from each one. I may end up selling my copies that were sent to me on cdrs if anyone would be even interested in something like that. If so feel free to private message me.
tmntscorefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 08:14 PM   #34
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

I have been waiting a long time for this! Thank you soo much! "A New Home" seems to be a very fitting cue for this thread.

As an aside, is this the full version of "Escape the Junkyard?" I seem to recall a more lighthearted, but exciting version of the Tokka/Rahzar theme being heard as they knock a bunch of foot soldiers over while the others are trying to escape into the sewer. The moment where Raph says "Step up to the bar, boys!" Was this cue amongst the material you weren't sent?

Last edited by sgtfbomb; 04-29-2016 at 08:49 PM.
sgtfbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 05:11 AM   #35
leosplint28
Mouser

hi sgtfbomb that is one of the cues from the third Ninja turtles movie when the turtles free the prisoners from the dungeons and one part of cue is when Michelangelo finally comes home. It looks like it was mislabeled or something
leosplint28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 07:16 PM   #36
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by leosplint28 View Post
hi sgtfbomb that is one of the cues from the third Ninja turtles movie when the turtles free the prisoners from the dungeons and one part of cue is when Michelangelo finally comes home. It looks like it was mislabeled or something
The cue when Mikey is transported back to the lair at the end is a callback to "A New Home" from SOTO, which is not only heard when they find the new lair in the second film, but also after they defeat Super Shredder and when Mikey finds the sewer lid in the junkyard.

I need to re-watch the movie, but I think this is also true for the rest of "Escape the Junkyard." The gladiator-esque music was Tokka/Rahzar's theme, which was later re-used in TMNT 3, if my memory serves right. The music I was talking about earlier -- when Raph says "Step up to the bar, boys!" -- is a different variation of the same music, just more fun and jovial. It's a really great piece.

I do believe this version of "Escape the Junkyard" is not mislabeled, but in the actual film, in that scene. I think it just cuts off here as Mikey finds the lid. So I wonder if the rest of the music from that scene wasn't included with the tracks given to tmntscorefan.
sgtfbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 06:29 AM   #37
SS Kakarot
Mad Scientist

This is great, thanks for sharing!
SS Kakarot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 02:36 PM   #38
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtfbomb View Post

I do believe this version of "Escape the Junkyard" is not mislabeled, but in the actual film, in that scene. I think it just cuts off here as Mikey finds the lid. So I wonder if the rest of the music from that scene wasn't included with the tracks given to tmntscorefan.
I remember that bit. Shame it's not included.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 03:57 PM   #39
Roseangelo
Emperor

For the record, I entered into a transaction with the original poster for the complete TMNT 2 & 3 scores that he said he had on CD. It's been two weeks since I paid him and I have no CDs and he has not responded to any messages asking for tracking information.

I did not completely trust the guy when I decided to do this, but I thought it was worth the risk. I am still hoping that he will come through with what he promised, but as it stands I have a dispute open with PayPal on the matter. I hope no one else got taken by him.

UPDATE: I may have received the CDs. I have a package at the post office that I need to sign for, and I can't think of anything else that I'm expecting. Won't be able to pick it up until Saturday; will update then.

Last edited by Roseangelo; 05-05-2016 at 06:13 PM.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 02:35 AM   #40
SS Kakarot
Mad Scientist

Quote:
For the record, I entered into a transaction with the original poster for the complete TMNT 2 & 3 scores that he said he had on CD. It's been two weeks since I paid him and I have no CDs and he has not responded to any messages asking for tracking information.

I did not completely trust the guy when I decided to do this, but I thought it was worth the risk. I am still hoping that he will come through with what he promised, but as it stands I have a dispute open with PayPal on the matter. I hope no one else got taken by him.

UPDATE: I may have received the CDs. I have a package at the post office that I need to sign for, and I can't think of anything else that I'm expecting. Won't be able to pick it up until Saturday; will update then.
Hopefully it will indeed be the CD's, good luck.

It's still weird that this music was posted all of a sudden after so many years!
SS Kakarot is offline   Reply With Quote