The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 06-16-2018, 08:07 PM   #3241
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

He was using Internet Explorer.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 03:36 PM   #3242
Redworld96
Stone Warrior

Did you guys saw the last IG stories of Greg Cipes? He was at the Nickelodeon studio with Ciro Nieli and showing some things of what I think is the upcoming ArtBook of the show. Oh I really want to see more of that.
Redworld96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 03:38 PM   #3243
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redworld96 View Post
Did you guys saw the last IG stories of Greg Cipes? He was at the Nickelodeon studio with Ciro Nieli and showing some things of what I think is the upcoming ArtBook of the show. Oh I really want to see more of that.
I plan to buy that, October was the planned release for that, not sure it's it's still on schedule.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 08:58 PM   #3244
asfaloth12
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redworld96 View Post
No, I did not. I would love to see more as well; the art and design in this show was amazing. I wonder when they will actually release the book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
He was using Internet Explorer.
Meh. I won't judge him. Personally, I prefer Firefox. It's faster, and it's got better features. Plus, the name is way cooler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Did this guy really just respond to 6-8 month old posts?
She totally did!
Now, I actually thought about waiting a full year. Even longer would have been awesome, but I got impatient. I knew there was a reason I enjoy playing as a Necromancer in Diablo III.
(Judging by your response, I'm going to assume that you don't have any good counter-arguments. I'm not surprised; nobody on this site or elsewhere has been able to successfully explain away the canon contradictions in that special).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Who doesn't love a beaten dead horse?
....*slowly backs away* Well....that's not creepy at all. Do I need to call the Humane Society or something?
(On a more serious note, would that be the same "dead horse" you were beating just a few comments before mine? ....That's what I thought. And once again, no good counter-arguments to the points I made. Surprise, surprise )

Edit: I can't believe it's been nearly a year since this series ended. I'm grateful that the main story line had a satisfying conclusion with Owari (though I suppose End Times works as well). In addition, I'm grateful that it had a fun crossover for the official series finale, instead of the AU dumpster fire we almost got stuck with

Last edited by asfaloth12; 11-01-2018 at 04:39 PM. Reason: To avoid double posting
asfaloth12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 10:59 AM   #3245
ABrown
Banned

Well. We did it. We successfully went the entire month of October 2021 without a single post in this forum. Anyone watch the Savanti arc last month for Halloween? I found it to be one of the most enjoyable story arcs of the series.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 05:27 PM   #3246
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
Well. We did it. We successfully went the entire month of October 2021 without a single post in this forum.
Ah yes. Remember when there were people who tried to claim this show was somehow more noteworthy or worthwhile than the 4Kids because there was active discussion about it? And that it somehow meant the 4Kids show was totally forgotten about and this one had a long future ahead of it in the mind of pop culture? Even though an ongoing show is more likely to be discussed than one that ended three years prior by default.

And here we are, four years after it ended and Nickelodeon are already doing weird **** like pretend the Fred Wolf cartoon was ever part of their line-up. Meanwhile, we are barely even discussing this show at all, despite the actual latest show failing to interest most of us. Curious, ain't it?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 05:45 PM   #3247
Leo656
The Franchise

It's a pattern we've seen repeat and will continue to repeat. The second that any TMNT show ends, so does its cultural relevance. No TMNT cartoon will ever again have a "long future ahead of it in the mind of pop culture". The minute the shows end, so will the discussion surrounding them. There's never, ever again going to be a show that comes anywhere near the impact of the FW cartoon. For better or worse, that's just the way it is. 4Kids has been forgotten, the Nick show is quickly being forgotten, Rise was forgotten before it was even over... it's going to be the same thing forevermore.

TMNT isn't actually popular, and hasn't been since it ended the first time out. It's going to die with the generation of people who were kids in 1989. I can't see why some people fail to recognize and understand that. I get wanting to see something you like be "evergreen" but that simply isn't possible. It was only ever a fad that lasted longer than most fads do, to begin with. The time between a TMNT cartoon ending and it being completely forgotten about has gotten shorter and shorter with every reboot. Goes to show you how much people "really" care about the property.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 09:08 PM   #3248
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Ah yes. Remember when there were people who tried to claim this show was somehow more noteworthy or worthwhile than the 4Kids because there was active discussion about it? And that it somehow meant the 4Kids show was totally forgotten about and this one had a long future ahead of it in the mind of pop culture? Even though an ongoing show is more likely to be discussed than one that ended three years prior by default.

And here we are, four years after it ended and Nickelodeon are already doing weird **** like pretend the Fred Wolf cartoon was ever part of their line-up. Meanwhile, we are barely even discussing this show at all, despite the actual latest show failing to interest most of us. Curious, ain't it?
To be fair it's only because this forums as a whole (the entire drome) is dead nowadays. Most people left the forums, younger TMNT fans are on social media and don't come here.

In the early 2000's this forum was heavily active, and those who followed the Nick cartoon when it aired moved on after the show ended. You can't really blame the lack of activity here on the show, every TMNT section has been on life-support here.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 08:40 PM   #3249
ABrown
Banned

And apparently it was four years ago today that the final episode aired (https://twitter.com/TMNT/status/1459148729953525787).

ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 07:13 PM   #3250
Prototype
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
To be fair it's only because this forums as a whole (the entire drome) is dead nowadays. Most people left the forums, younger TMNT fans are on social media and don't come here.

In the early 2000's this forum was heavily active, and those who followed the Nick cartoon when it aired moved on after the show ended. You can't really blame the lack of activity here on the show, every TMNT section has been on life-support here.
Let's be honest, all but the very largest forums are either deserted or completely gone.

When you do find useful information about something on a forum nowadays, it's like a forgotten time-capsule, with most if not all images being dead links.

That's me, basically. (Consider this post an intradimensional drop-by)

Even as a kid in the early 90's I felt embarrassed watching goofball-cringefest-pizzaparty-duuuude.

Second incarnation was same old cringefest, trying to be less goofy and cooler, fit for the 2000's, with a 'cool' modernized style.

2012 Was the only incarnation that took itself and the characters seriously, and did it damn good too!
This series also had the best toy line thus far, with a diverse assortment of well articulated figures of good quality, lots of vehicles and and a comparatively epic playset.

Rise, or whatever the next one is called is just a generic modern toddler cartoon (lack of background details, thick outlines, bright colors à la Fairly Odd Parents and Ben 10 (2016) etc.).

"The drome can be destroyed for all I care — I HAVE FINALLY WON!"

Tags
season 5