The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Fan Creations > Fan Works Discussion

Notices

Old 08-31-2010, 01:45 PM   #81
twopinacoladas
Stone Warrior

$200 and shipping is a great deal, after seeing the finished results I may very well have to get one from you. Thanks for the update =)
twopinacoladas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 03:37 PM   #82
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!

$200 sounds like a steal. Look forward to seeing some. Might have to pick one up.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 08:36 PM   #83
cartoonistaaron
Stone Warrior

Looking cool, can't wait to see it finished!
cartoonistaaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 05:42 PM   #84
CustomPropSculptorGuy
Foot Soldier

CustomPropSculptorGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 11:02 AM   #85
cartoonistaaron
Stone Warrior

This thing is looking really nice.

Out of curiosity, where do you get your supplies? Is there a local shop or do you order most of it over the internet?
cartoonistaaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 12:11 PM   #86
CustomPropSculptorGuy
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartoonistaaron View Post
This thing is looking really nice.

Out of curiosity, where do you get your supplies? Is there a local shop or do you order most of it over the internet?
Both actually. What I can't get from Reynolds Advanced Materials (www.ReynoldsAM.com) I usually order from Chavant for clay (www.Chavant.com) or Smooth-On (www.Smooth-On.com) for molding materials and /or Monster Makers for foam/casting agents (www.MonsterMakers.com).
Old 09-06-2010, 07:10 PM   #87
CustomPropSculptorGuy
Foot Soldier

Just a quickie of an update, reshaped a LOT of the head, going to redo the mouth here in a bit - I don'y like the way the bottom lip kinda comes out, even though in the shot, it's how it looks - it just looks off. So I am going to make it a little deeper in so it's not exactly even with the beak; it still gives him that "under bite"

Idk - here are the pics...

Old 09-06-2010, 08:17 PM   #88
twopinacoladas
Stone Warrior

Looks great from the front, not sure if I'm diggin the pointed beak so much tbqh from the side profiles. Still a work in progress tho, thanks for the update =)

Pic 6 I think looks great as well as the front view =)
Old 09-06-2010, 09:24 PM   #89
CustomPropSculptorGuy
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by twopinacoladas View Post
Looks great from the front, not sure if I'm diggin the pointed beak so much tbqh from the side profiles. Still a work in progress tho, thanks for the update =)

Pic 6 I think looks great as well as the front view =)
Yea that's the growing consensus;the beak. I keep telling the client that it's not THAT pointed, but that's what they want so that's what they're gonna get.. now seeing this I hope that they may see what's up, and wanna change it to a more rounded beak on the profile...
Old 09-07-2010, 05:20 PM   #90
twopinacoladas
Stone Warrior

If it were rounded downward it would look pretty much perfect =)

Hopefully the client will come around.
Old 09-07-2010, 11:39 PM   #91
CustomPropSculptorGuy
Foot Soldier

Thanks! Here is a quickie for everyone....

Old 09-09-2010, 05:47 AM   #92
twopinacoladas
Stone Warrior

Looks good beak doesn't look bad at all in that side pic =)

It will be nice to see completed with glass eyes and a paint job. Keep up the good work!
Old 09-09-2010, 01:05 PM   #93
Bmaga123
Stone Warrior

Looks pretty good, hard to judge any detail since it isnt finished yet but am curious about the eye fitment since the holes look so small right now. Also the head shape should be a tad longer from the side and the uipper lip more rounded. Looking good though
Bmaga123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 02:20 PM   #94
CustomPropSculptorGuy
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmaga123 View Post
Looks pretty good, hard to judge any detail since it isnt finished yet but am curious about the eye fitment since the holes look so small right now. Also the head shape should be a tad longer from the side and the uipper lip more rounded. Looking good though
Yea for some reason in pics the beak just looks sharp - I'm looking at it right next to me and it's perfect LoL

The tough part about the eyes is that it's a posed eye.. and it's half shut... so, there is going to be detail, but it's minimal because it's covered by the fabric.

And to answer about the length - the client actually took a pic and photoshopped it - we're dead on with length and width - this is one of those times where as an artist, I can actually go - sweet...

And a big thanks to everyone on this - You guys and gals have made it sooo much easier and have give AMAZING feedback to get it where it is right now...

Thanks so much!!
Old 09-09-2010, 02:43 PM   #95
Bmaga123
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CustomPropSculptorGuy View Post
Yea for some reason in pics the beak just looks sharp - I'm looking at it right next to me and it's perfect LoL

The tough part about the eyes is that it's a posed eye.. and it's half shut... so, there is going to be detail, but it's minimal because it's covered by the fabric.

And to answer about the length - the client actually took a pic and photoshopped it - we're dead on with length and width - this is one of those times where as an artist, I can actually go - sweet...

And a big thanks to everyone on this - You guys and gals have made it sooo much easier and have give AMAZING feedback to get it where it is right now...

Thanks so much!!
Right on man, looking forward to seeing the final result. If you dont mind me asking what is the width of the head cheek to cheek and the length beak to back of the head in inches? Thanks
Old 09-09-2010, 05:32 PM   #96
CustomPropSculptorGuy
Foot Soldier

On this one here -

Cheek to cheek, on a straight line is 13.5 and 14" depending on how you look at it...
and then...
Beak to the back of the head is between 14 and 14.5 inches depending on how straight your line is...

Gotta remember, this is being sculpted for someone based on their head - so if I were to sculpt it on you or someone else, it'd be a different measurement...
Old 09-09-2010, 05:51 PM   #97
Bmaga123
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CustomPropSculptorGuy View Post
On this one here -

Cheek to cheek, on a straight line is 13.5 and 14" depending on how you look at it...
and then...
Beak to the back of the head is between 14 and 14.5 inches depending on how straight your line is...

Gotta remember, this is being sculpted for someone based on their head - so if I were to sculpt it on you or someone else, it'd be a different measurement...
OH wow that seems pretty wide, the movie heads were between 11-12" wide I believe but they were made for people whoe were between 5'2"-5'5" tall so they had smaller heads I am sure.
Old 09-09-2010, 11:13 PM   #98
CustomPropSculptorGuy
Foot Soldier

Yea, I actually checked again because I have to ship this thing and needed a box, with a caliper, it's 12.75" wide on the dot...

And yea, you're absolutely right... those were some ttiiiiiny tiny men in there LoL
Old 09-11-2010, 12:40 PM   #99
CustomPropSculptorGuy
Foot Soldier

Hey would anyone be interested in a foam "kit" for 150 bucks?? I am going to run only 5... but it'd be just a white piece of foam essentially - you'd get it as a display piece, and you'd have to paint it...
Old 09-11-2010, 07:44 PM   #100
Loco
Mad Scientist

Wow I love that head. I didn't read the thread but the pictures are great. will you make others like this and sell
La quality is here !
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
Yo, this guy is off the chain, son!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildgoose View Post
can I have an authograph?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Turtle View Post
Best. Thread. Ever.

https://www.facebook.com/loco.artz
Loco is offline   Reply With Quote