The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 11-26-2007, 06:34 AM   #61
Mecha Cow
Gorgeous and modest too

Not even if we settle our differences through a round of Mortal Kombat? I firmly believe that violence is the answer to everything, even if it is simulated violence.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:10 PM   #62
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Make it TMNT: Tournament Fighters and your on Mecha.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 02:05 PM   #63
Drtooth
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by odupianist View Post
There will be NO GB 3 as far as we know right now. Bill Murray doesn't want to do it, yet he's fine with doing voice overs. Who knows. We have been talking about this over at www.bluesbrotherscentral.com under Ghostbusters. Check it out.
Quote:
Oh. Yeah, Aykroyd has said that the sequel will be CGI.
I thought this film was not going to happen animated or otherwise. AT least, that's what everything was pointing to. I'd rather see that than a video game. Heck, I want them to at least make a DTV Real Ghostbusters film.
Old 12-05-2007, 11:08 AM   #64
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

Ghostbusters: The Video Game

Hands-on over at IGN. Its nice to know that for once in our lives, we finally have a quality, kick-ass, and potentially fun Ghostbusters game to look forward to. Hopefully this will make up for all those crappy games I played as a kid.

Entire original cast? Check. Written by Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis? Check. I just hope it can live up to expectations. The gameplay is supposed to be liniar, but that's a trade-off to get all the storytelling into the mix. There's actually rumor they are thinking about just calling it Ghostbusters III. We'll see.
Old 12-05-2007, 12:34 PM   #65
Peanut
Second Gear

I really don't get the big deal about this whole "the game is linear" thing. Why is this a problem all of a sudden?
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 01:34 PM   #66
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
I really don't get the big deal about this whole "the game is linear" thing. Why is this a problem all of a sudden?
Yeah, seriously. Linearity wasn't a problem back in the day, and it still shouldn't.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:54 PM   #67
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

I never said it was a problem. Poor wording I guess.
Old 05-10-2008, 07:25 AM   #68
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist

Location: Canada (This country is too peaceful, Something's up...)
Sorry to bump such an old thread, but there is an interview featuring new footage:

http://www.gbfans.com/

Enjoy

"When my time comes, I wanna be buried face down, so those who don't like me can kiss my ass!"
Anarchistguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 04:36 PM   #69
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

The ghost with the line through it is the second most recognized symbol IN THE WORLD? Horse ****! Ridiculous!

That means after someone in a third world country eats McDonald's, they confuse their gas for a ghost and call Harold Ramis.

. . . second most recognized symbol in the world. . .

I need this game.
Old 05-11-2008, 04:27 PM   #70
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist

New gamaplay video:

http://www.truveo.com/Ghostbusters-PlayrTV/id/577239605

"When my time comes, I wanna be buried face down, so those who don't like me can kiss my ass!"
Old 05-11-2008, 06:03 PM   #71
Peanut
Second Gear

God DAMN! I'm officially excited for this game now. My mind is blown that it doesn't look like trash, and that it seems to faithful, too. The music and everything is so fitting.

It looks like it plays very Gears-ish. Even those little things that keep exploding act like those screeching things from Gears, can't recall their name right now.

Could we actually be about to receive a game based on a movie franchise that isn't going to suck total ass? The world might implode.

Edit: And just so everyone knows, this weeks episode of GTtv on Gametrailers was all about the Ghostbusters game, and you can watch it in HD, which really shows how amazing this game truly looks. Also, it has the first footage of Gears 2. Might want to check that out.

Last edited by Peanut; 05-11-2008 at 06:14 PM.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 06:38 AM   #72
odupianist
Mad Scientist

Looks good but two critiques... I definitely saw the crossing of streams, and secondly, I hate that you hear the proton pack power up noise after each use of the proton pack. It sounds like you have to start up the proton pack before each blast, which is lame.
odupianist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 12:27 PM   #73
gobo
Wacky Action

Lame? Perhaps. Accurate? You betcha.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 01:01 PM   #74
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
Lame? Perhaps. Accurate? You betcha.
My thoughts exactlly

Old 05-12-2008, 05:40 PM   #75
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
It looks like it plays very Gears-ish. Even those little things that keep exploding act like those screeching things from Gears, can't recall their name right now.
That's funny, because me and some co-workers used to joke around about how much Gears looked like Ghostbusters, minus the Proton packs. We'd even sing "Guys in Do-Rags!" to the Ghostbusters theme.

God, this Fall is going to be insane. Banjo, Gears 2, and a Ghostbusters game that doesn't suck ass.
Old 07-13-2008, 10:52 PM   #76
gobo
Wacky Action

Any approximates for the release date yet? Admittedly, I'm more stoked about The Real Ghostbusters DVDs than the game (which I'm sure will be a great success). But, it's safe to assume the two will be released within a couple weeks of each other.

Old 07-13-2008, 11:17 PM   #77
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
Any approximates for the release date yet? Admittedly, I'm more stoked about The Real Ghostbusters DVDs than the game (which I'm sure will be a great success). But, it's safe to assume the two will be released within a couple weeks of each other.
There will be a panel for the video game at Comic-Con - with both Dan Akroyd and Ernie Hudson present - so I suspect further details about the game will be released then.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 11:24 PM   #78
gobo
Wacky Action

O_O Ernie? Another reason for me to curse fate for refusing to let me attend.

Old 07-14-2008, 06:59 AM   #79
odupianist
Mad Scientist

I thought it was shooting for October of this year...?
odupianist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 05:16 PM   #80
Slap-Happy
Bad Boy

The games been pushed back till 2009 for the 25th aniversary.

From The variety blog The Cut Scene

By now everybody knows that Activision Blizzard didn't include "Ghostbusters," which was scheduled to come out this fall, on the list of Vivendi games it is planning to publish post-merger.

But beyond a vague statement from a PR rep that the game is "not canceled," there's been no indication yet of what will happen to the "Ghostbusters" game. Since it's so close to completion, surely it won't just be thrown to oblivion and never published, right?

I got some answers today from Sony Pictures, which of course owns the rights to "Ghostbusters" and licensed the IP to Vivendi last year. The studio gave me official word that it is working with Activision Blizzard "to evaluate various options surrounding the release of the 'Ghostbusters' video game." That's obviously vague, but it does contain an important nugget: it wants the game to be released, one way or another.

Sony goes on to state that "this has presented [Sony Pictures Consumer Products] with an opportunity to reevaluate the game release marketing strategy to potentially coincide with the 25th anniversary of the original film in '09."

So the studio's plan now is to get the game released in 2009. But who will publish it? There's no official word yet, but my understanding from further reporting is that Activision Blizzard and Sony are talking to other publishers about picking up the game right now. Given the strength of the brand and the marketing that has already gone into the game, I can't imagine the studio will have any trouble finding multiple interested partners. The only question may be whether that new publisher can reach a deal with Activision Blizzard to pay for the millions already spent on development.

Of course regardless of who releases it, developers Terminal Reality and Red Fly now have an extra year to work on the game. So there's no reason it shouldn't be really good.
Slap-Happy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
i ain't fraid of no sjw, who ya gonna cuck