The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 01-25-2018, 02:43 PM   #41
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
I find Mirage Shredder being very sympathetic as he is the hero in his own story. The guy trained from age 8 to 18 to become one of the best in the Foot to avenge the death of his brother, and he did avenge what he probably thought was a great man.
It's amazing that in all the Mirage tales ever told, I can't think of one of them that expanded upon the relationship between Saki and Nagi, which is the impetus for the entire TMNT storyline.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 09:54 AM   #42
cammy85
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
I'd say the most sympathetic villain was Baxter...somehow...
I do agree. Up until his mutation, he was Shredder's stooge and his deeper descents into insanity made viewers who understood made you feel sorry for him for sure. After that, there were the multiple times he could've returned to human form but Shredder kept going back on his word.
cammy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 01:33 PM   #43
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by cammy85 View Post
I do agree. Up until his mutation, he was Shredder's stooge and his deeper descents into insanity made viewers who understood made you feel sorry for him for sure. After that, there were the multiple times he could've returned to human form but Shredder kept going back on his word.
Exactly! Very much this.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 02:24 PM   #44
miru
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Master Meglomaniac View Post
Too be fair Mirage Stockman is pretty unsympathetic, he put his brain into a cyborg on purpose, killed a bunch of people for petty revenge, infected April with nanobots, terrorized NYC for fun, etc. He deserved his fate. Most other versions of Stockman are sympathetic though.

Most versions of Karai are pretty sympathetic. The Nano monster from the 2003 cartoon was pretty sympathetic and Slash from the 2012 cartoon developed from a creepy villain to a hero over time. The 2012 version of Mutagen Man was pitiable, a shame nothing really happened with him.

Even the original Mirage Shredder is one of the more sympathetic versions of the character, really he became a villain to avenge his brother, that is a more sympathetic motive then Shredder usual gets.

In terms of truly evil TMNT villains, there are a fair amount: Utrom Shredder, Tengu Shredder, 87 Dregg, Mirage Skonk and Savanti Romero, Archie Mr. Null, the Nick versions of Rat King, Krang and Kavaxas are all define by ruthless cruelty in one way or another.

Those plus Bloodsucker, Archie Krang, Maligna, and 90s movie Shredder, are all very much depraved and awful individuals. On the other hand, I do sympathise quite a bit with some of the Foot in Mirage that got backstories, like in "Cold, Cold Ice".

Last edited by miru; 09-24-2018 at 10:08 PM.
miru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 04:36 PM   #45
Toxin45
Hench Mutant

Eh I find Baxter Stocman from the 2003 series to be pitful
Toxin45 is offline   Reply With Quote