The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 10-02-2019, 06:14 AM   #801
Browne762
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueKatana View Post
I’m just thinking of how it took like 4 months for me to get my first order

For the Super Ninja Cool Guy Kit or whatever they called it for signing up? Mine took super super long to get that too. The other packages took about a week.
Browne762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 07:33 AM   #802
BlueKatana
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browne762 View Post
For the Super Ninja Cool Guy Kit or whatever they called it for signing up? Mine took super super long to get that too. The other packages took about a week.
Yep, that first one with the basic Rise figures
Old 10-03-2019, 02:38 AM   #803
ERICKANA666
Random Punk

Just hoping they will release the new series in canada for christmas time, its so sad to see the tmnt line in that situation. With a good distributor and good pubs it could sell pretty well around here. But i dont i think they lost faith in their product.
ERICKANA666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 06:01 AM   #804
Browne762
Foot Soldier

My normal Walmart (where I got most of Wave 3 a few weeks ago) just restocked again a few days ago with a case of fricken Wave 1 again! They must have over produced Wave 1 a lot. At this point it seems like all of Wave 2 and Wave 3 are chase models.

Now this morning, Turtles went from 16 pegs of figures down to 8 pegs which is odd since the recent toy dept. reset was already done many weeks ago. I couldn't ID the tags to see what has taken over the space, but not looking good for new products in the near future. I am trying to get the entire Rise set, but Playmates is making that a pretty difficult challenge.
Old 10-07-2019, 11:19 AM   #805
BlueKatana
Stone Warrior

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but Walgreens is carrying a line of larger scale Mutant XL figures for $9.99 each. They are very similar in sculpt to the basic value figures currently found at Five Below. I say just similar because there seems to be subtle differences, especially with Ralph who is more narrow to fit the same size packaging. There was two of each, I picked up Leo.

EE1341DA-F30A-4F15-8921-6E2A269296CB.jpg
Old 10-12-2019, 11:51 AM   #806
zaktheneutrino
Stone Warrior

With the show now airing new episodes at 10:30 PM on NickToons I would say a cancellation is near. I would have picked up these cool mutants had they seen the pegs. The next incarnation will be better, I think that’s a safe bet.

Check out my TMNT website for news, reviews and more!
http://www.thewhitefootsoldier.com

Instagram: The White Foot Soldier
zaktheneutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 11:59 AM   #807
Powder
So tired of this place

There's still a second season & Netflix movie + scheduled airings on Nick prime. So cool your jets, there's enough down-talk on Rise in the community as it is.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 03:33 AM   #808
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Not sure if this has been posted yet, but Walgreens is carrying a line of larger scale Mutant XL figures for $9.99 each. They are very similar in sculpt to the basic value figures currently found at Five Below. I say just similar because there seems to be subtle differences, especially with Ralph who is more narrow to fit the same size packaging. There was two of each, I picked up Leo.

Attachment 12444
Oh snap I've never seen those!
Old 10-14-2019, 05:57 AM   #809
Browne762
Foot Soldier

Haven't seen this anywhere until yesterday at a Target I don't normally go to. I picked it up to mainly get the figure. They also have the Sewer Lair no longer on clearance.

Old 10-14-2019, 08:53 AM   #810
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

I finally found a Foot Lieutenant, in the central midwest, when I ventured about 30 miles outside my usual 90 mile hunt radius. 4 of them actually. No Albeartos to be seen. Need him!!!
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 06:42 AM   #811
D Piddy 1982
Stone Warrior

Anyone know what's happening with this line, specifically in the UK and Europe?

I have some of the launch characters, but there's some of the new waves that I would like to pick up. Not a sniff of anything new since Albearto and Foot Lt.

I hope one day a company like Revoltech can pick up this series and do some screen accurate Turtles...

" 'Hero Turtle' craze leads to duck deaths" BBC News 2001
D Piddy 1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 09:23 AM   #812
Browne762
Foot Soldier

I don't know what is going on with the line, but it sure feels like the overproduced the first wave.

For the second or maybe third time ever, I saw some battle shells in a Walmart this weekend. They had one of each turtle. No signs of Alberto or Foot Lt at the store. Other then the one I have, I haven't seen a Alberto in store and only once have I seen another Foot Lt. I have not seen any signs of the third wave in stores other then when I purchased what I have.

There have been countless restocks of wave one over the last year. They were slowly selling for months, but now they don't seem to be selling at all at most stores. Targets haven't even restocked in months except for the talking turtle things (one Leo and one Mike) which don't seem to be selling either. All my local Targets have 2-4 Meatsweats and maybe one other figure. At the normal Walmart I go to (daily to look for other toys in addition to TMNT) they cut the peg space in half a month or two ago and not a single figure has sold since then. I would bet with the next Walmart toy reset they will be moved to clearance so they can expand the Star Wars section again.

At this point anything other then wave one seems like they are "chase" figures.
Old 11-11-2019, 10:07 AM   #813
D Piddy 1982
Stone Warrior

I think the closure of Toys R Us in the UK has hit the UK collector market hard. That was always my go to place.

Now the only other places are The Entertainer and Smyths, and there's only a small of those near me.

Then you have supermarkets like Sainsburys and Asda, but they generally only have small toy sections.

Since Toys R Us closure I do now normally buy online (easier and quicker), but that is why I am confused - there's not even a sniff of anything on Amazon or eBay.

Would love to get the Bug Bustin Raph. I think it seems unlikely now but I would LOVE a Foot Brute to go with my Foot Lt...

Old 11-11-2019, 11:31 AM   #814
IMJ
Emperor

I just had this thought from the other thread discussing the Rise show. So if this was discussed here in this thread and I missed it, my fault. You die-hards will know already that when TMNT '07 was out, Shredder saw a figure release in that style although he wasn't in the flick. So I'm wondering how the market would respond to this, whether Rise continues in future seasons or not. Would Rise's toy sales grow if it embraced releases of classic characters in that "Rise" style whether they've appeared on the show or not?

I don't know that I'd be all-in if they did this, but I'd be interested in seeing it at least. Again, if this was brought up elsewhere, I didn't see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Piddy 1982 View Post
I think the closure of Toys R Us in the UK has hit the UK collector market hard. That was always my go to place.
Same here as far as brick and mortars go. The closest thing to a dedicated new toy store now is basically Big Bad Toy Store which is obviously an online presence. There's always Target and Wal-Mart, but you are at the whim of any given location to be stocked and faced, or often even shoppable. Especially Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart is typically a complete disaster, and it doesn't matter how high-end your city is. Naperville Wal-Mart is the same disaster as Franklin Park, as Chicago, as St. Charles.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 09:08 AM   #815
SilverNinja
Foot Soldier

Quote:

Attachment 12444
I snagged a Leo as well. These are definitely larger scale versions of the Five Below budget versions, which I love! My Walgreens seemed to have two of each and they took awhile to spot because they were on the bottom shelf of the holiday toy section, shoved back a little.

These are great large figures for $9.99 each. I also have the better Giant version with more accessories and articulation, so I'll most likely keep this budget XL version in the box.
SilverNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 11:37 AM   #816
tmntman
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverNinja View Post
I snagged a Leo as well. These are definitely larger scale versions of the Five Below budget versions, which I love! My Walgreens seemed to have two of each and they took awhile to spot because they were on the bottom shelf of the holiday toy section, shoved back a little.
From what I have seen, Raph and Leo are two per case and Don and Mikey are single packed. Of course, since Walgreens is in the habit of sending partial cases to stores, it may have been dumb luck that that was the figures I found at stores twice.

Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 12:13 PM   #817
SS Kakarot
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Piddy 1982 View Post
Anyone know what's happening with this line, specifically in the UK and Europe?

I have some of the launch characters, but there's some of the new waves that I would like to pick up. Not a sniff of anything new since Albearto and Foot Lt.

I hope one day a company like Revoltech can pick up this series and do some screen accurate Turtles...
Amazon UK had Bullhop, Hypno-Potamus, Bug Bustin' Raph and Leo up for pre-order, but all of them were cancelled about a month ago.
SS Kakarot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 06:37 AM   #818
D Piddy 1982
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Kakarot View Post
Amazon UK had Bullhop, Hypno-Potamus, Bug Bustin' Raph and Leo up for pre-order, but all of them were cancelled about a month ago.
I checked out Amazon earlier this week and I see what you mean. The figures are still on there, but you can't order or pre-order and no price...

As much as I love Rise to pieces, I am starting to fear for it. UK toy shops Smyths and The Entertainer have the entire Rise range at discount, it's all sold out and says it won't be re-stocked. So what hope have we for the next wave of figures?

I'm considering getting the rest of the existing range of figs now that there's every chance it will be the ONLY range. Currently have the 4 Turtles plus Meat Sweats and Foot Lt.

Sad, there were some great looking figures shown at Toy Fair 2019.

Old 11-14-2019, 09:40 AM   #819
BlueKatana
Stone Warrior

I keep seeing the Walmart’s in my are restocking the Battleshell figures and the couple Bug Busters. Guessing it will be there holiday stock.
Old 11-20-2019, 12:22 PM   #820
Raptor86
Stone Warrior

From the Ninja Pizza Facebook page

TMNT fan and toy collector Vaughn Michael (@collector.13 on Instagram) contacted Playmates Toys, asking about the future of the Rise of the TMNT toy line. The response he received was surprisingly forthcoming, stating that there will be NO Rise of the TMNT toys in the new year, and that they will instead be focusing on "classic" TMNT.

Tags
2018, action figures, playmates, rise of the tmnt, toys