The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 04-15-2024, 09:31 AM   #1
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Would you work at a theme park?

While watching a Disney livestream yesterday, I noticed the cast members standing at the front of the queues to get into lines for the rides and thought to myself....hmm, that's a good job for me. All I have to do is stand there and make sure they're getting in the right line lol. Easy money!

Last Movie Watched: The Watchers (2024).
Last TV Show Watched: Ghosts US (S3:E4).

The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 09:50 AM   #2
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

No. Definitely not.

You’re forced to deal with the worst of humanity on a daily basis. Screaming unruly kids, confused foreigners who don’t understand English, entitled Karens, dunderheaded rednecks, etc. I work at a restaurant so I already deal with all of that, but working at a theme park, that’s like times 10. My nerves wouldn’t be able to handle that.
Old 04-15-2024, 02:29 PM   #3
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Probably not, no.

Standing/sitting around ushering humans through lines all day might look like pretty easy work...if you luck out with an indoor ride. Because I would not want that job in humid 90°F weather in August and I feel bad for those people.

And that's not even with dealing with the various intolerable behavior Cowabung-Gal mentions, day in and day out.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 06:16 PM   #4
Roseangelo
Emperor

Disney is infamous for paying minimum wage for all of their park jobs. And you are naive to think they are just standing there doing nothing.

That said, I have low-key been considering such a job as a retirement job. But that would also require moving near a park. That's like 20+ years away, though.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 07:17 PM   #5
CyberCubed
Overlord

The only people who work at Disney are either late teens/young 20 year olds who need a job before they get their first big job, or old seniors/retired people. You never see anyone 25-40+ working there unless they're just desperate for a job. They also get paid minimum wage so you're not making nothing.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2024, 10:50 PM   #6
Iroh
Hench Mutant

I would work at any theme park except Disney. Disney is nothing but a cover up for human trafficking and pedo activities. Look at all those workers that has been caught thus far operating within Disney. The number of offenders are in the triple digits!
Iroh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2024, 03:52 AM   #7
LegionareX
Random Punk

I think working at a theme park could be a blast! The atmosphere would be lively, and you'd get to be a part of creating magical experiences for guests. Plus, there might be some cool perks, like getting to enjoy the park on your days off.
LegionareX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2024, 11:26 PM   #8
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

I worked for a theme park before. It was mostly uneventful. That is a strange thing to type in because I was hired on to work through Spring Break, and that was a busy time. Lots of people were everywhere!

Then, I was let go for missing a day.

~ John Adams
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2024, 04:50 AM   #9
CyberCubed
Overlord

Pretty sure most theme parks pay minimum wage unless you're a mechanic/operator behind the scenes or a performer on stage,which of course nobody here would be. If you're just going to be there to either sell tickets behind the counter, serve food like any waitress or fast food place, or get people to stand on-line and let them into the ride...you're probably getting paid nothing.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2024, 05:55 AM   #10
Iroh
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Pretty sure most theme parks pay minimum wage unless you're a mechanic/operator behind the scenes or a performer on stage,which of course nobody here would be. If you're just going to be there to either sell tickets behind the counter, serve food like any waitress or fast food place, or get people to stand on-line and let them into the ride...you're probably getting paid nothing.
EXACTLY! This is the reason why I will avoid theme parks like the plague unless I will do the most minimal work possible. I rather work a gaming booth there that's rigged like the ring toss or bottle dropper where people can win plushies. Sit in the shade all day and trying to keep cool while on the clock is where it's at. ROFL! The things I've seen regarding the construction of the rides will keep me away forever. Too many parts are falling off or the rides are malfunctioning quite often now. Scary stuff.
Iroh is offline   Reply With Quote