The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > Announcement Forums > Questions/Comments/Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2019, 11:50 AM   #21
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

You and Andrew care apparently.
Old 01-10-2019, 11:53 AM   #22
BartAllen
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
You and Andrew care apparently.
You mean a mod selectively enforcing the rules? Allowing certain members to call other members stupid? Yea, I have a problem with that.

Perfect example of the mod's selective enforcement of rules. Poster calls another posters stupid and what does the mod do? THANKS HIM.

He then (an hour later) decided to edit the post to change the title where it wasn't needed.

So... yea, he isn't doing his job right.

This isn't a right vs. left thing. This is a terrible person using their power to silence people who don't hold his opinion. And he did edit posts. He just did it quickly enough that it didn't set off the little 'last edited by . . . ' in the lower left part of his posts. He's tricky.

How is anything Andrew and I wrote factually incorrect?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stupid1.jpg (57.0 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by BartAllen; 01-10-2019 at 12:00 PM.
Old 01-10-2019, 12:00 PM   #23
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

He thanked him on the warming not to bother with Mrmaczaps, and thatís bad.... okay?
Old 01-10-2019, 12:03 PM   #24
BartAllen
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
He thanked him on the warming not to bother with Mrmaczaps, and that’s bad.... okay?
Did you miss the part where a poster called another poster stupid? That's against the rules. He thanked him instead of telling him what he did was wrong.

He should have chastised the poster, but said poster shared his opinion he didn't delete the post. It's still up as of right now.

Can I call you stupid? No. You've gotten on me for calling people names in the past. Is it only bad when people who do it don't agree with you? Seriously?

And it's ALWAYS you Kappa. You jump to defend anyone who holds your position.

Oh, and I just added this to show that posts can be edited without the little message popping up.

Last edited by BartAllen; 01-10-2019 at 12:13 PM. Reason: My example was a bit harsh. I decided to remove it.
Old 01-10-2019, 12:12 PM   #25
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I reckon the takeaway will be, "And this is exactly why we can't have political threads!" and I think that's both untrue and a cop-out.
Old 01-10-2019, 12:15 PM   #26
BartAllen
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I reckon the takeaway will be, "And this is exactly why we can't have political threads!" and I think that's both untrue and a cop-out.
The funny part is we were ALWAYS civil to each other. I may not have agreed with everyone, but I never ONCE insulted anyone on this board. Even when I thought they were idiotic virtue signalers. Okay, maybe calling them uninformed.

Frankly, at this point, I don't care if I get banned.

Dealing with people with blinders on is draining.

I love that I can edit posts without it setting off the notification. It's almost like Voltron knew that too and used it accordingly.

There is a little irony that both Andrew and myself are both the children of immigrants. Nah, we couldn't possibly know what we're talking about. It's not like illegal/legal immigration hasn't impacted us on a personal level. We just HAVE TO BE NAZIS. SMH.

Last edited by BartAllen; 01-10-2019 at 12:25 PM.
Old 01-10-2019, 12:48 PM   #27
BartAllen
Stone Warrior

One final thing. Admins, PLEASE go look at my initial posts that allegedly antagonized Voltron. Look at how all I did was simply disagree with him and he summarily shut down the thread because he couldn't actually refute my claims. He never did. He called me stupid then sperged out saying I antagonized him and then shutdown the thread.

He and I then had a bit of a PM spat. That's it. He is not applying the rules fairly. He's allowed other posters that agree with his stance to insult others that don't. That's not fair.

Anyway, if you feel what I did crossed a line I will gladly leave. I have no desire to be in a place that can't handle people having a different opinion.

(That last sentence, and this, was an edit, BTW)
Old 01-10-2019, 01:38 PM   #28
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
we were doing relatively fine with political threads
Old 01-10-2019, 01:47 PM   #29
BartAllen
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
The political discourse on this board IS generally fine. We disagree, we may poke fun at each other, but no one has been overtly insulted until these past couple of days. I'm just the only person to make a fuss over it. You have said a lot of stuff that I know to be factually incorrect, but I have never made a comment against you as a person. I have argued against your positions. That was something we did until these past few days...
Old 01-10-2019, 01:55 PM   #30
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BartAllen View Post
The political discourse on this board IS generally fine. We disagree, we may poke fun at each other, but no one has been overtly insulted until these past couple of days. I'm just the only person to make a fuss over it. You have said a lot of stuff that I know to be factually incorrect, but I have never made a comment against you as a person. I have argued against your positions. That was something we did until these past few days...
Nobody's ever threatened to rape anybody's mother or barbecue their cat... at least not that I've seen. We still insult each other, but it's the internet. I don't think it's gotten out of hand.

Nobody has to read the political threads if they don't want to.

Also, this thread has been exceptionally interesting to read.
Old 01-10-2019, 02:03 PM   #31
BartAllen
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Nobody's ever threatened to rape anybody's mother or barbecue their cat... at least not that I've seen. We still insult each other, but it's the internet. I don't think it's gotten out of hand.

Nobody has to read the political threads if they don't want to.

Haha. My time here is growing short anyway. I might as well have a little fun until I'm shown the door.

Oh, and here's another person in a position of power insulting a member of the community. NICE.

I have a suspicion that If I returned his barb I would be banned. This is the nonsense I'm talking about.

Like I said earlier. I don't actually care if I get banned. Oh, and Voltron agreed with this guy's post, btw.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mod insults.jpg (63.7 KB, 22 views)
Old 01-10-2019, 02:11 PM   #32
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Like I said earlier. I don't actually care if I get banned. Oh, and Voltron agreed with this guy's post, btw.
I wonder who the "big hillbilly" is he was talking about there.

Quote:
There is a little irony that both Andrew and myself are both the children of immigrants. Nah, we couldn't possibly know what we're talking about. It's not like illegal/legal immigration hasn't impacted us on a personal level. We just HAVE TO BE NAZIS. SMH.
How true.
Old 01-10-2019, 02:13 PM   #33
BartAllen
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I wonder who the "big hillbilly" is he was talking about there.
lmao.

I'd say we should start our own board, but they seem to all be dying a slow painful death anyway. If you post at any other boards let me know.
Old 01-10-2019, 02:19 PM   #34
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
lmao.
I mean, he's talking about me, right? I'm pretty freaking far from a hillbilly. Though I do enjoy my week in the woods every year, shooting my guns.

Quote:
I'd say we should start our own board, but they seem to all be dying a slow painful death anyway. If you post at any other boards let me know.
I did that a decade ago with The Ninja Turtles Empire, vBulletin just like this one. Between the Drome and Mikey's TMNT (RIP), though, it just wasn't different enough to attract people at the time. At least, enough for me to justify continuing to throw money at it every month.

I own two boards, The Official Highlander Message Board and The Green Lantern Corps Message Board. I'm not on them toooo much, though.
Old 01-10-2019, 02:22 PM   #35
BartAllen
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I mean, he's talking about me, right? I'm pretty freaking far from a hillbilly. Though I do enjoy my week in the woods every year, shooting my guns.

I did that a decade ago with The Ninja Turtles Empire, vBulletin just like this one. Between the Drome and Mikey's TMNT (RIP), though, it just wasn't different enough to attract people at the time. At least, enough for me to justify continuing to throw money at it every month.

I own two boards, The Official Highlander Message Board and The Green Lantern Corps Message Board. I'm not on them toooo much, though.
He is from Germany. Maybe he's only ever seen a hispanic person on television. They don't actually do the best job of portraying us on television.

There will be supreme irony that a guy that was allegedly 'defending' Mexicans shutdown/ put up a wall in a thread where a Mexican was voicing his opinion on a subject.

Last edited by BartAllen; 01-10-2019 at 02:40 PM.
Old 01-10-2019, 11:26 PM   #36
Roseangelo
Emperor

Honestly, the modding on this board is pretty much a joke. As in, it barely exists and when it does it's over random crap. Whenever something happens where we could actually use a mod to clean up something, there's rarely one available.
Old 01-10-2019, 11:49 PM   #37
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Right, I wish I had popcorn
Old 01-10-2019, 11:50 PM   #38
Voltron
Ableist

I typically try to restrain myself. For trolls, I make an exception.
Old 01-11-2019, 01:00 AM   #39
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltron View Post
I typically try to restrain myself. For trolls, I make an exception.
I mean, I'll give you credit. Almost by default, you're my favorite moderator besides Jester. Not because he actively does anything in my favor, but because he doesn't say or do anything crazy. In the past I'd either be on a 2 week ban or threatened with one, like it's 1999. Over nothing.

Running two boards, I've occasionally been guilty of being anal about things like correcting punctuation in thread titles, helping people out. But actually changing people's thread titles because of my own stuff? C'mon, man. You're better than that. It's been a while but I thought I remember a time when we talked amicably about... stuff.
Old 01-11-2019, 01:29 AM   #40
Voltron
Ableist

Quote:
I mean, I'll give you credit. Almost by default, you're my favorite moderator besides Jester. Not because he actively does anything in my favor, but because he doesn't say or do anything crazy. In the past I'd either be on a 2 week ban or threatened with one, like it's 1999. Over nothing.

Running two boards, I've occasionally been guilty of being anal about things like correcting punctuation in thread titles, helping people out. But actually changing people's thread titles because of my own stuff? C'mon, man. You're better than that. It's been a while but I thought I remember a time when we talked amicably about... stuff.
Andrew, I appreciate the civility here. If it bothers you that badly, I'll change it back. I have to leave it locked, though, because some other people are bit less. . . composed. And, whether you believe me or not, I do really want to talk about those things. It's fun. I like it.

There are two things I'd like to point out.

1. For my entire duration here at the Drome, there's been one time I can remember when political discussion of any kind was allowed. First in public (which didn't work out for obvious reasons) and then an exclusive board where you had to be vetted to participate. People felt that was unfair, namely the malcontents who weren't allowed in, and the whole thing was shut down.

That's where we get the Volcanic Asteroid from. It was an attempt to allow these types of discussions to exist on the board.

2. Bias works both ways. Unfortunately, we never seem to see our own. Or if we do, we tend to play it down.

I don't think there's a way for me to make a thread that doesn't seem to lean left. That's typically where I fall on the political spectrum, and I while I'm not fond of the "don't assume my gender" SJW crowd, I can see how my views on certain things certainly would rub people the wrong way.

Which kind of brings us back to #1. Sdp is right in pointing out that this is a TMNT board first and foremost. The general discussion section is meant for things like your Loki thread, or the Marlboro cigarettes thread. There's not a whole lot of controversy there. I can't think of an argument a sane person would make over a company deciding to shut down a department.

Case in point: After this all kind of blew up, I asked the super mods to reinstitute the "no politics" policy in the GD. However, they're usually pretty busy with life outside of the board, so it may take some time to come to a consensus on how to proceed.

I have some authority to enforce it, but feel as though it wouldn't be well received with the current complaints leveled against me. I would much rather have someone seen as less biased make the decision.

With that in mind, I'd also go back and close all my threads. Again, I don't want to do something that can be misconstrued as abusing my power and authority at the moment.

Now, with the blessing of the Dromers who frequent and love this board, I will go ahead and start shutting down any new political threads. That is, however, a decision I leave to the members. And even then, I'd be apprehensive about doing it.

So until a more comprehensive and agreeable resolution is formed by the people present, I will work to keep the GD as civil as I can. If you have any specific comments or concerns beyond this, please send a PM to me or one of the other mods.