The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > Announcement Forums > Questions/Comments/Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2019, 01:34 AM   #41
BartAllen
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltron View Post
I typically try to restrain myself. For trolls, I make an exception.
Oh lord. Says the joke of a mod who can't handle an opinion that doesn't align with his own.

You do realize this all came about because you didn't like my opinion because it didn't agree with the drivel you were posting. You're the only troll around here.

Did you miss the part where Andrew agreed with me? He said you're selectively editing stuff too. You can deny it all you want, but you are doing it. The way you're trying to present this as me being a troll is hilarious. I'll give you a troll, but only because you're now asking for it.

You're the only troll here. You're just a little lord farquaad type that can't deal with an opinion that doesn't align with your own.

Last edited by BartAllen; 01-11-2019 at 03:17 AM.
Old 01-11-2019, 01:38 AM   #42
BartAllen
Stone Warrior

Pretty interesting that you're are subjectively manipulating things by not allowing me to post and when I write an insult suddenly my posts start appearing. Interesting tactic.

Last edited by BartAllen; 01-11-2019 at 02:37 AM.
Old 01-11-2019, 01:42 AM   #43
BartAllen
Stone Warrior

How surprising. My posts now show up now that I've been insulting you. Again, the only troll here is you!

Last edited by BartAllen; 01-11-2019 at 02:21 AM.
Old 01-11-2019, 02:01 AM   #44
BartAllen
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Andrew, I appreciate the civility here. If it bothers you that badly, I'll change it back. I have to leave it locked, though, because some other people are bit less. . . composed. And, whether you believe me or not, I do really want to talk about those things. It's fun. I like it.

There are two things I'd like to point out.

1. For my entire duration here at the Drome, there's been one time I can remember when political discussion of any kind was allowed. First in public (which didn't work out for obvious reasons) and then an exclusive board where you had to be vetted to participate. People felt that was unfair, namely the malcontents who weren't allowed in, and the whole thing was shut down.

That's where we get the Volcanic Asteroid from. It was an attempt to allow these types of discussions to exist on the board.

2. Bias works both ways. Unfortunately, we never seem to see our own. Or if we do, we tend to play it down.

I don't think there's a way for me to make a thread that doesn't seem to lean left. That's typically where I fall on the political spectrum, and I while I'm not fond of the "don't assume my gender" SJW crowd, I can see how my views on certain things certainly would rub people the wrong way.

Which kind of brings us back to #1. Sdp is right in pointing out that this is a TMNT board first and foremost. The general discussion section is meant for things like your Loki thread, or the Marlboro cigarettes thread. There's not a whole lot of controversy there. I can't think of an argument a sane person would make over a company deciding to shut down a department.

Case in point: After this all kind of blew up, I asked the super mods to reinstitute the "no politics" policy in the GD. However, they're usually pretty busy with life outside of the board, so it may take some time to come to a consensus on how to proceed.

I have some authority to enforce it, but feel as though it wouldn't be well received with the current complaints leveled against me. I would much rather have someone seen as less biased make the decision.

With that in mind, I'd also go back and close all my threads. Again, I don't want to do something that can be misconstrued as abusing my power and authority at the moment.

Now, with the blessing of the Dromers who frequent and love this board, I will go ahead and start shutting down any new political threads. That is, however, a decision I leave to the members. And even then, I'd be apprehensive about doing it.

So until a more comprehensive and agreeable resolution is formed by the people present, I will work to keep the GD as civil as I can. If you have any specific comments or concerns beyond this, please send a PM to me or one of the other mods.
Voltron's posts: A guy made comments I couldn't refute so I sperged out like a little bitch and threw a temper tantrum. BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH.

I provided evidence showing that the russian collusion is fake. And you lost your ****. It's fake. Trump is going to win again in 2020 (not that I want him to). And it's due to cucky wimps like you.

And no. I wasn't biased at all in this or any other thread. I asked you for evidence to support your thoughts on this matter you just wrote that I wouldn't listen because I will 'hand wave it away' because it doesn't align with my beliefs. How do you know that? You don't. Ultimately this all happened because you couldn't refute me.

Now do what all you wimps do: Block me and then make snarky comments about me that somehow make you think you have the high road. We both know you overreacted like a wimp. You admitted as much in our other conversation.

It's funny that you're now trying to take the high road while simultaneously deleting posts that show that you're doing some pretty underhanded stuff. So please just ban me. I'd rather not be on a board with a mod staff that insults its members and then does underhanded nonsense to try to present themselves in a better light.

Oh, and the only reason I'm insulting you is because you've done nothing but insult me this entire time. I've just now decided to come down to your neckbeard level. Ya wimpy manlet. AHAHAHAHA.

Holy **** 'vetted to participate' meaning that if they don't share your opinion that they're a troll that needs to be silenced. The hypocrisy of your nonsense is VERY telling.

And none of your views bothered me. You actually presented some compelling evidence initially. It was biased as the day is long. But then you couldn't handle the fact that someone posted a video of the CEO of google saying that the russian collusion was a big ol' nothing burger.

You weren't apprehensive about shutting down the thread. You did it because you wanted to. You even said that you are a 'high IQ' mod that can't deal with 'propaganda' UNIRONICALLY. Meaning that you couldn't handle evidence that showed your narrative to be the BS that it is.

Like I wrote in the other thread. You're a weak willed manlet that has no real power in the real world, so you abuse your power here. I have a sneaking suspicion you're doing it with only one hand on the keyboard too. lmao.

Last edited by BartAllen; 01-11-2019 at 02:16 AM.
Old 01-11-2019, 02:32 AM   #45
BartAllen
Stone Warrior

Voltron, I was composed in that thread the entire time. You can retroactively decide to change this to suit you. That's fine. You are in the position of power here. The way you subjectively edit stuff is downright hilarious. If this situation wasn't so sad, and you weren't such a unmitigated loser it would be funny. Actually, it's still funny but only because you're just a joke of a human being.
Old 01-11-2019, 02:53 AM   #46
BartAllen
Stone Warrior

Here's a video of Van Jones admitting that the Russian collusion is all fake.

https://youtu.be/l2G360HrSAs

I'm done. I look forward to Voltron's spin on this. I'll be laughing at it.
Old 01-11-2019, 03:15 AM   #47
BartAllen
Stone Warrior

One note.

I just want to talk about the messages I've been receiving through PM.

Thank you for your support everyone. I'm surprised by the number of you that actually agree with me. It's a shame that a mod can just make **** up to suit their ideologically slanted nonsense.

I'll definitely take a look at all the groups and links you've sent me. I can't promise I'll join any groups or boards, but I'm glad to know I'm not the only person here who is disgusted by Voltron's antics.

It's a shame that he can ruin the good time we were having discussing this stuff in a civil manner (more or less )

Anyway, thanks again.

I appreciate the support.

Oh, I'll be sure to delete your messages so the crybaby won't try to go after you next.
Old 01-11-2019, 03:40 AM   #48
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

BartAllen, are you secretly Davetello having a meltdown?
Old 01-11-2019, 03:44 AM   #49
BartAllen
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
BartAllen, are you secretly Davetello having a meltdown?
... You got me.

You are literally the living embodiment of cringe. I'd tell you to get a life, but I feel like that would be something beyond your reach.

And if you don't like this Davetello, I'm going to assume he's a road scholar compared to you.
Old 01-11-2019, 04:02 AM   #50
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Looking at your post in this thread and the Trump Shutdown thread, maybe you should take a deep breath and take your own advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BartAllen View Post
I'd tell you to get a life.
especially with your latest post in this thread.
Old 01-11-2019, 04:07 AM   #51
BartAllen
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Looking at your post in this thread and the Trump Shutdown thread, maybe you should take a deep breath and take your own advice

especially with your latest post in this thread.
Again...

Still doesn't take away from the fact that you are the living embodiment of cringe. I'm done with you. Have a nice life.

You get to say you had me banned. Good job. You get the biggest virtue signaler award for being a loathsome imbecile.

But keep going... the responses are funny. It almost makes it sound like you're able to form a cogent thought that isn't placed there by some liberal entity.
Old 01-11-2019, 04:13 AM   #52
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
It is odd, though, that you are a member of a group on this board that uses a racial slur that is aimed at caucasian people.

Honky killer? Wow.

As a POC myself, I find that prejudice to be extremely divisive. How does that type of nonsense have a place on this board? Seriously?

And, frankly, you have struck a nerve with me. How do you think it's at all appropriate to make a remark implying someone is intellectually disabled? Do you not understand the weight that remark has? How do you think that makes actual people with disabilities feel?

Personally, I'm not bothered by the horrible remarks you've made. I just feel bad that a person with an intellectual/physical disability might have had to see that.
It is very disturbing that there is a group like that on the board, but judging by the members listed it was made a long time ago before the rise of Political Correctness or the rise of awareness and understanding.

Quote:
So I've had a mod make an implication that I am intellectually stunted simply for disagreeing with his political views.

I also did not make ableist remarks against him (the velcro comment). Honestly, I feel like I'm on an episode of Punk'd, lmao.
It wasn't right for him to make that remark and he shouldn't especially sense he is a mod. He should not have changed Andrew's thread title or engaged the situation the way he did, BUT HE IS HUMAN! People make mistakes its apart of the human experience.

Also you should not have gone so low as to make that other thread. You should have kept the high road instead of making that thread....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Honestly, the modding on this board is pretty much a joke. As in, it barely exists and when it does it's over random crap. Whenever something happens where we could actually use a mod to clean up something, there's rarely one available.
Unfortunately most of the mods have moved on from the forum and we honestly need more/ new mods. We honestly need a new administrator not bc Krang is terrible or inadequate, but it is very clear he does not have the necessary time to devote to running this forum. I say this especially bc of how long people have had to wait to get accounts proved, essentially hindering the growth of our dying community.

Quote:
Now, with the blessing of the Dromers who frequent and love this board, I will go ahead and start shutting down any new political threads. That is, however, a decision I leave to the members. And even then, I'd be apprehensive about doing it.

So until a more comprehensive and agreeable resolution is formed by the people present, I will work to keep the GD as civil as I can. If you have any specific comments or concerns beyond this, please send a PM to me or one of the other mods.
I think it would be best to not allow any threads regarding to political discussion, bc despite what others have said or may think this has been a problem before this. We have had several members banned recently for politics spilling out into threads.

I by no means condone Voltron's name calling or his action in changing Andrews title, but this is a relatively isolated incident in terms of him calling someone names or improperly using his power as a mod. He has been a great mod for as long as I have been on here for the most part.
Old 01-11-2019, 04:15 AM   #53
BartAllen
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
It is very disturbing that there is a group like that on the board, but judging by the members listed it was made a long time ago before the rise of Political Correctness or the rise of awareness and understanding.

It wasn't right for him to make that remark and he shouldn't especially sense he is a mod. He should not have changed Andrew's thread title or engaged the situation the way he did, BUT HE IS HUMAN! People make mistakes its apart of the human experience.

Unfortunately most of the mods have moved on from the forum and we honestly need more/ new mods. We honestly need a new administrator not bc Krang is terrible or inadequate, but it is very clear he does not have the necessary time to devote to running this forum. I say this especially bc of how long people have had to wait to get accounts proved, essentially hindering the growth of our dying community.

I think it would be best to not allow any threads regarding to political discussion, bc despite what others have said or may think this has been a problem before this. We have had several members banned recently for politics spilling out into threads.

I by no means condone Voltron's name calling or his action in changing Andrews title, but this is a relatively isolated incident in terms of him calling someone names or improperly using his power as a mod. He has been a great mod for as long as I have been on here for the most part.
You and about 10 other people have noticed that he's doing it. If I have to end up on the chopping block to show that he's abusing his powers then so be it. If it's okay for a mod to act like an unmitigated idiot then it should be alright for me to do the same.

Oh, and the idiotic way he tried to cover his nonsense also speaks to his character. He did what he did because he is a mod and he can get away with it.

Last edited by BartAllen; 01-11-2019 at 04:22 AM.
Old 01-11-2019, 04:18 AM   #54
Leo656
The Franchise

Man, this all kinda takes me back to 2004-ish. Except there was way more furries and conspiracy theorists.

Sigh. We all got old.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Old 01-11-2019, 04:25 AM   #55
BartAllen
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Man, this all kinda takes me back to 2004-ish. Except there was way more furries and conspiracy theorists.

Sigh. We all got old.
I'm just speaking truth to power.

Last edited by BartAllen; 01-11-2019 at 04:34 AM.
Old 01-11-2019, 04:31 AM   #56
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
You and about 10 other people have noticed that he's doing it. If I have to end up on the chopping block to show that he's abusing his powers then so be it. If it's okay for a mod to act like an unmitigated idiot then it should be alright for me to do the same.

Oh, and the idiotic way he tried to cover his nonsense also speaks to his character. He did what he did because he is a mod and he can get away with it.
I am pretty sure everyone noticed just by reading the thread not bc you are blasting him right now. My point being is though is no further need to continue blasting him or insulting each other.
Old 01-11-2019, 04:33 AM   #57
BartAllen
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
I am pretty sure everyone noticed just by reading the thread not bc you are blasting him right now. My point being is though is no further need to continue blasting him or insulting each other.
Like I said. A person in a position of power is abusing said power. It's my duty to speak truth to power.

I have nothing to lose but my chains.
Old 01-11-2019, 04:36 AM   #58
Leo656
The Franchise

I often feel like it's sad that a group of mostly adults have to be tightly restricted only to discussing things of little consequence that are ultimately aimed at children.

But then it becomes clear why. And I just kinda sigh and go pet my cat.

Old 01-11-2019, 04:40 AM   #59
BartAllen
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I often feel like it's sad that a group of mostly adults have to be tightly restricted only to discussing things of little consequence that are ultimately aimed at children.

But then it becomes clear why. And I just kinda sigh and go pet my cat.
So opposing opinions shouldn't be ALLOWED? What are you saying? How dare you, Leo. I thought were ON THE SAME SIDE!

I just want to point out the hypocrisy of this situation. How am I the bad guy here? People have admitted that what he did was wrong. This entire situation IS A JOKE! I really am mad now. I really did think you were on my side, Leo. I guess you're just a cuck too.

Now I really am done. This board has offended me greatly. Hughly even.

Last edited by BartAllen; 01-11-2019 at 04:48 AM.
Old 01-11-2019, 04:48 AM   #60
Leo656
The Franchise

Well, they should be, but clearly aren't, generally. I've often pointed it out myself, but eh, people are busy. It would be nice if collectively, the TMNT fanbase were capable of mature, back-and-forth discourse without it erupting into madness literally every single time, but I gave up that hope quite a while ago.

I have a larger theory about people who identify too strongly with kids cartoons well into middle age being incapable of a certain emotional maturity, but I can't get it published anywhere because it makes the Disney people nervous. You know how THEY are.

And I never said I stood against you, merely a broad observation of the general state of affairs. Which isn't new, nor related in any way to you directly.

For the record, I did privately express my dismay at the situation earlier, towards your defense, but wasn't in a hurry to make any noise about it because in case it hasn't been made clear, I'm kind of a heat magnet and I don't have the energy to get involved with a "thing" with a half dozen people as per usual.

But no, without explicitly taking a side I have quietly spoken elsewhere towards your defense. Just for the record.

Last edited by Leo656; 01-11-2019 at 04:53 AM.
Closed Thread