The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 04-25-2020, 01:24 PM   #1
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Kevin Eastman Virtual Panel Tonight 8pm CST

Chicago's Wondercon is putting on a virtual show for free. Kevin Eastman is pariticpating tonight at 8pm CST so that is 9PM for EST, 7pm MST, and 6pm Pacific. Hope others are able to join in and its worth a viewing. I wanted to let fellow fans know as soon as I learned of it.
https://www.mainframecomiccon.com/?f...H7H5dN9rgC7gMs
Old 04-25-2020, 02:09 PM   #2
AquaParade
Banned

Cool. I may check this out. I'm always hoping he'll drop feed some info about upcoming projects, because other then that, you get a lot of the same old stories we've all here heard a million times but are intended for casual audiences.
"I'm partial to Michelangelo, because he is the first turtle I drew..." etc.

So in that vein, let's place bets:

10 credits say that he mentions his love of the Steve Baron film, the fact that he drew Mikey first, and also finds time to reference Jack Kirby.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 07:00 PM   #3
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

It's live now. Its for half an hour. Catch it while you can.
Old 04-26-2020, 08:31 AM   #4
AquaParade
Banned

Okay I can not understand what kevin says 49 mins in? Did he just confirm that he has heard they are working on a gritty live action series or is he mumbling something else altogether??
Old 04-26-2020, 08:48 AM   #5
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Okay I can not understand what kevin says 49 mins in? Did he just confirm that he has heard they are working on a gritty live action series or is he mumbling something else altogether??
He mentioned that a script for another live action was in the process of being written. A couple of takeaways that were different was choosing Rocksteady over Bebop and he claimed Jennika was a fan favorite. I cannot agree with the latter.
Old 04-26-2020, 08:50 AM   #6
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
He mentioned that a script for another live action was in the process of being written. A couple of takeaways that were different was choosing Rocksteady over Bebop and he claimed Jennika was a fan favorite. I cannot agree with the latter.
I don't get what this means. Surely no one would throw just one of them into a live action adaptation?
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 09:00 AM   #7
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
I don't get what this means. Surely no one would throw just one of them into a live action adaptation?
this is holly wood we're taking about. and I think after this virus fiasco they'll do what ever they can to get water/money from the rock called our wallets.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 09:03 AM   #8
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Which did he like over the other between the two.
Old 04-26-2020, 09:06 AM   #9
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 View Post
this is holly wood we're taking about. and I think after this virus fiasco they'll do what ever they can to get water/money from the rock called our wallets.
If they're that desperate and looking to use a single mutant powerhouse, why not Leatherhead? Or even Slash? It's about time they were adapted to live action. I'm partial to Archie!Slash but he works just as well as an oversized tank. Something new and different would get more butts in seats than retreading old ground, and worse, bastardizing characters that essentially only work as a duo.

Quote:
Which did he like over the other between the two.
Oh. That sets my mind at ease. (Not that it completely nullifies the danger of ever seeing either Rocksteady or Bebop as a solo act...)
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 09:48 AM   #10
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Aquaparade was correct. He mentioned wanting the martial arts aspect of the Steve Barron film focused on if a new script is greenlighted. He mentioned his love of Raphael and Casey Jones as a duo and a soft spot for Michelangelo since he was the first drawn and by him. There will be a follow up on Youtube alongside Tom Waltz as a part of a series IDW is putting on. I am hoping that we can get a time of when its live. I submitted a pair of questions.

I hold nothing against Jennika, I just don't see where he got the idea that she was fan favorite. Hob I understand, but her I don't.
Old 04-26-2020, 10:06 AM   #11
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Thanks. I'm not sure how you caught that, good ears.
Well shoot, I'm grasping at straws but it sounds like he was maybe implying that the script they were working on wasn't quite like the Daredevil-esque series he was suggesting. Sure hope I'm wrong, because that is 100% exactly what the TMNT franchise needs, imo.
I believe a show of that quality would do huge numbers with people in my age demographic, at least.

The truth is probably that the current script has no identity. I bet they are doing re-write after re-write trying to strike the proper chord, without really knowing what they're looking for. Hopefully we get lucky.

Quote:
Aquaparade was correct. He mentioned wanting the martial arts aspect of the Steve Barron film focused on if a new script is greenlighted. He mentioned his love of Raphael and Casey Jones as a duo and a soft spot for Michelangelo since he was the first drawn and by him. There will be a follow up on Youtube alongside Tom Waltz as a part of a series IDW is putting on. I am hoping that we can get a time of when its live. I submitted a pair of questions.

I hold nothing against Jennika, I just don't see where he got the idea that she was fan favorite. Hob I understand, but her I don't.
Thanks!
I was somewhat wrong about a Jack Kirby reference but he did bring up Kamandi, a Jack Kirby creation!

That's awesome that you were able to submit a question. I need to find out how and do that as well.
I'd really like to prod them more about the chances of a gritty live action series or animated adaption. They've made it clear that they want to see it happen, and that there have even been discussions, but I'd like to wring every drop of info available regarding those conversations. I'm suddenly feeling compelled to purchase a copy of Bodycount and Batman v TMNT to push the message forward - older fans will support the franchise.

Maybe the idea of Jennika being a fan favorite comes from the contrast of how poorly received Venus was. Plus, I imagine she has caught on with a lot of female fans. I havent found a reason to love the character and she actually feels quite shoehorned to me, but it's not a dealbreaker.

Last edited by AquaParade; 04-26-2020 at 10:18 AM.
Old 04-26-2020, 11:17 AM   #12
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Thanks. I'm not sure how you caught that, good ears.
Well shoot, I'm grasping at straws but it sounds like he was maybe implying that the script they were working on wasn't quite like the Daredevil-esque series he was suggesting. Sure hope I'm wrong, because that is 100% exactly what the TMNT franchise needs, imo.
I believe a show of that quality would do huge numbers with people in my age demographic, at least.

The truth is probably that the current script has no identity. I bet they are doing re-write after re-write trying to strike the proper chord, without really knowing what they're looking for. Hopefully we get lucky.

Thanks!
I was somewhat wrong about a Jack Kirby reference but he did bring up Kamandi, a Jack Kirby creation!

That's awesome that you were able to submit a question. I need to find out how and do that as well.
I'd really like to prod them more about the chances of a gritty live action series or animated adaption. They've made it clear that they want to see it happen, and that there have even been discussions, but I'd like to wring every drop of info available regarding those conversations. I'm suddenly feeling compelled to purchase a copy of Bodycount and Batman v TMNT to push the message forward - older fans will support the franchise.

Maybe the idea of Jennika being a fan favorite comes from the contrast of how poorly received Venus was. Plus, I imagine she has caught on with a lot of female fans. I havent found a reason to love the character and she actually feels quite shoehorned to me, but it's not a dealbreaker.
He was referring to toning down the violence of the Daredevil show and utilizing the incredible ninja fight choreography for a film. This is where he references the 1990 film for showing ninja choreography.

I immediately rejected Venus and Jennika was just there learning what family is. We accept her based on respect for Kevin and Tom. As a character the twist came out of nowhere and seems forced. The 5th turtle plotppoint is but had Waltz and Eastman put out bullcrap before instead of bringing together iterations and originality at the same time we would dust off our torches. Jennika is respect for creators not love of the character. Maybe I am wrong,but that is my take.
Old 04-26-2020, 02:34 PM   #13
AquaParade
Banned

No, that's pretty insightful. I do think I lend some credence to Jennika out respect for Tom and Kevin, despite not really getting her.
Old 04-27-2020, 10:09 AM   #14
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/am...-ronin-1291766
Here is a preview hot off the presses though I did not see the IDW digital panel.

Last edited by MikeandRaph87; 04-27-2020 at 10:36 AM.
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 10:01 AM   #15
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
I mean you can't have Rocksteady without Bebop. As for Jennika...I'm glad someone likes her.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 01:20 PM   #16
Cloudrunner
Foot Soldier

I don't really mind Jennika anymore, but calling her a "fan favorite" when most people who see a picture of her have no idea who she is and the two places that do discuss her regularly either hate her (reddit) or are on the fence about her (here) seems a little disingenuous. I guess if you only count Sophie's cheer squad on Twitter as fans, then yeah the world loves her.
Cloudrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 01:28 PM   #17
AquaParade
Banned

I'd imagine a large amount of those who are fans of the character are quite passionate.

Again, for myself, I've yet to be swayed either way. The character seems sort of shoe-horned in to me, at least the turtle aspect, but I do enjoy seeing a new visual/family dynamic at play...if I can warm up to it and be sold.
Old 05-08-2020, 04:20 PM   #18
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Again, for myself, I've yet to be swayed either way. The character seems sort of shoe-horned in to me, at least the turtle aspect, but I do enjoy seeing a new visual/family dynamic at play...if I can warm up to it and be sold.
This is my EXACT opinion! It just seemed out of nowhere I heard "fan favorite " and I am like "Where did he get that idea or is he lying to promote his product?".

Don't forget to check out the YouTube chat alongside Tom Waltz.