The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 08-10-2020, 06:18 PM   #3621
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

What made me happy today...

I got in touch with an old friend a few days back and we drove to Taylorsville (nearby town) where he showed me his (still operational and yes, still open) video store. Now, if anyone has any love for the 1980's, 80's movies, or nostalgia... This place was a treat. He calls it Purple Lightning Video.

It has been decorated to look like a 1980's/early 90's time capsule. There are clam shell VHS boxes, betamax players and VCRs stacked up on the back wall, wild carpeting, 80's movie posters and boxes and boxes of decades old trading card packs (complete with bubblegum) for sale at the register. Of course he only rents DVDs but VHS tapes are everywhere and the place even has a Sylvester Stallone life-sized wood-carving of Rambo... hand painted and everything. So this was a treat. Asked John (my friend) how much the Rambo statue was... not for sale but he would sell it for about $15K. LoL. Nobody's gonna buy it.

Just got back home, rented a couple DVDs for the nostalgia of a video store and yeah... fun times. The best part... EVERYONE WAS MASKED... Why, I don't know, you'd think there was some horrible illness going around or something... It's all very much like a 1980's horror movie!

Last edited by PizzaPower1985; 08-10-2020 at 07:41 PM.
PizzaPower1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 03:28 PM   #3622
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Very happy maker... OUR TRUCK AS BEEN FOUND!!

Friend of my brother-in-law a short time ago saw and was following what he believed to be it on I-495. Called my brother in law who took off to go after it. Not sure how they got it stopped or if maybe the police (who my sister was calling after getting the case number from me) caught up to them, but brother in law sent a photo of it, of the back window with all the matching stickers I'd put a photo of on FB Monday.

Had read that statistically the vehicles that turn up usually do within a few days, but really didn't have high hopes after reading about how often pickups end up in chop shops and taken apart to sell.

I had really hoped that somehow someone would happen across it like this. I hope this/these a-holes get arrested and stopped from doing this now if they've done this to others around the area.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 03:50 PM   #3623
Leo656
The Franchise

Holy sh*t, good luck with that!

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 04:01 PM   #3624
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Update... okay, so it wasn't in motion, it was actually spotted abandoned at an interstate exit. So no thief caught. BUT. Person stole everything out of it, but he left his court papers behind, due in court tomorrow, so there is a lead on a culprit. HAH. Hope his ass ends up caught and in prison for a nice long time.
Old 08-12-2020, 04:18 PM   #3625
Leo656
The Franchise

Somehow I doubt it, seeing as how even some of the violent ones are being let out because of COVID (in which case they generally re-offend immediately ). Given that, I doubt "just" stealing a car is going to put anyone away for a real stretch given the current circumstances, BUT, here's hoping.

If they can't lock them up, I maintain that cutting off hands is perfectly reasonable. Thieves can't be tolerated and it's the one sure way of making sure they never re-offend.

I'll do it, I got f*ck else to do. Scumbags.

Old 08-12-2020, 04:56 PM   #3626
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

If we need a hand lopper-offer, will let you know. Sounds like a good solution to me.

Police called, two trackers found under it that don't belong to us. Creepy. Told to check our other vehicles, luckily none on them.

Court papers supposedly indicate the person they belong to is being sued. Brother in law and friend think it appears like they may have used our truck to move, given bits of stuff left in the bed.

Personally, I'm wondering if they were on the run to avoid court. Or with the trackers... maybe they intended on finding it again or for someone else to pick it up later to take it further on to where ever? Either way hopefully they can be tracked down and face more trouble then they already were.

Figure this part out... it appears that they burned the seat belt to remove my nephew's car seat. Why the heck would you not just unbuckle it??

Police said we might be able to have it back as soon as tonight. Though it sounds like it will need some repair work, unfortunately. I hope my sister's insurance will cover that.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 08-12-2020 at 05:01 PM.
Old 08-12-2020, 05:16 PM   #3627
Leo656
The Franchise

One would hope, I mean it's not your fault someone stole and damaged your sh*t, although "insurance" is historically painfully selective about these kinds of things.

The court-dodger theory sounds very plausible. Probably some meth-head.

I'm very "Old Testament" with things like this. People work hard for their things, or else they have a strong sentimental attachment to them for personal reasons that aren't up to any third party to judge.

People try and scold my with things like, "You'd actually rather see someone dead than give up any of your precious 'things'? That's inhuman, they're just things!" To which I say YES, they're MY things, and I absolutely value them more than the rights or the life of any scumbag who'd try and take them from me. No exceptions.

I see very little distinction between thieves and rapists, honestly, You're preying on innocent people and violating them on a deeply personal level, for no reason beyond the fact that you feel entitled to do so in your own twisted mind. And in either case, we should probably kill these people and be done with it, because their actions come from a sociopathic narcissism that really can't be rehabilitated or cured, it's part of Who They Are.

Anyway... good luck with all that, seriously. You don't deserve this situation and I hope they get what's coming to them, although "What's coming to them" will probably be less than what they deserve.

Old 08-13-2020, 12:03 PM   #3628
Leo656
The Franchise

Whoooooo, Rocky marathon! Channel with commercials, that's annoying, but still... always a good thing.

Old 08-14-2020, 02:10 PM   #3629
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Well, although the towing cost over $300 and god knows what might need to be fixed (grr), we're at least glad that our poor truck is home. (Although it would be too easy for it to all come to a conclusion already, so the tag is mixed up, seemingly and most likely with that of another truck the info got mixed up with... hopefully that will be corrected soon.)
Old 08-14-2020, 05:29 PM   #3630
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Well, although the towing cost over $300 and god knows what might need to be fixed (grr), we're at least glad that our poor truck is home. (Although it would be too easy for it to all come to a conclusion already, so the tag is mixed up, seemingly and most likely with that of another truck the info got mixed up with... hopefully that will be corrected soon.)
Dammit, Indigo.... that's messed up. I'm sorry you're having to go through this. Hope everything is brought to a swift conclusion as soon as possible. Wishing you the best.
Old 08-14-2020, 06:08 PM   #3631
Leo656
The Franchise

Yeah, that towing bill is a kick in the teeth but at least you got it back. Most people aren't so lucky, so I say cling to the small victories.

On my end, the usual. More awesome "new" old toys! With the added bonus of a thick stack of Archie Sonics I missed. Almost all caught up on the main series now, finally! Although Sonic Universe is another matter altogether.

Old 08-14-2020, 06:13 PM   #3632
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime

Bought a new computer for the first time in about 14 years. Got it all specced up to a really good spec. Got a call a few hours later asking if I'd want to increase the graphics card and the SSD to something better.

Also got 2,000 more words wrote for my book. I'm up to about 54,000 words in total and about 150 pages

Last edited by Whatswiththeheadbands?; 08-15-2020 at 05:11 AM.
Whatswiththeheadbands? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 08:05 PM   #3633
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaPower1985 View Post
Dammit, Indigo.... that's messed up. I'm sorry you're having to go through this. Hope everything is brought to a swift conclusion as soon as possible. Wishing you the best.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Yeah, that towing bill is a kick in the teeth but at least you got it back. Most people aren't so lucky, so I say cling to the small victories.
Thanks.

Quite lucky. I really didn't have much hope that it would return home, despite mentally begging it to.

It could have crossed state lines so fast and ended up anywhere, or still could have had someone we know not happened to go home from work in a route that took him right past it. Kind of a needle in a haystack and right place at the right time.
Old 08-14-2020, 08:22 PM   #3634
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Thanks.

Quite lucky. I really didn't have much hope that it would return home, despite mentally begging it to.

It could have crossed state lines so fast and ended up anywhere, or still could have had someone we know not happened to go home from work in a route that took him right past it. Kind of a needle in a haystack and right place at the right time.
Glad you got it back, Indigo!
Old 08-20-2020, 05:31 PM   #3635
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Thanks

Always fun when you're just Googling random TMNT stuff and it pulls up an old archived 'Drome thread, esp when it includes some familiar usernames. In this case a thread from 2005. Probably still just a bunch of youngsters back then.
Old 08-20-2020, 05:34 PM   #3636
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Ben Affleck is returning as Batman .
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 11:54 AM   #3637
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

After Biden's speech last night when they showed the fireworks outside, it was kind of neat that I live near enough that I was able to hear them in the distance out my window while seeing it on tv.

Feel a little flattered really that our town (albeit not my suburban portion) kind of partly became the convention site more or less. (Sorry, Milwaukee.) Makes me wonder why they haven't always been hosted in the home states (and town if able) of nominees.

edit: Also, the ability to use Google map's street view to check out the old playground of my first elementary school and see that the old stone/concrete turtle and the big old trees around it, that were already big old trees when I was there, are all still there 35 years later. (Okay, 34, as the pics are a year old, but that's amazing.)

Last edited by IndigoErth; 08-21-2020 at 04:33 PM.
Old 08-23-2020, 07:31 AM   #3638
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

What made me happy yesterday (and on Friday) was finding out that my father and stepmother (who's younger than me so I hate calling her that) are on the rocks. They've been married 1.5 years and Pops is no longer wearing his wedding ring. This might sound incredibly selfish but I'm over the moon that they are probably, maybe through. She's not like officially moved out but it will probably happen in the next few months, hopefully before Christmas.

I spent Fri. night at his place (for my b-day... turned 35 on Tuesday) after having been estranged from him for a couple years and we had a long heart-to-heart about all of our problems. SHE was at the beach with her family so, I didn't have to be around her.

Anyway, MAYBE I can have a dad again.
Old 08-23-2020, 08:39 PM   #3639
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Alex Winter (Bill S Preston ESQ himself) liked my tweet showing off my Bill and Ted shirt I am wearing this week cause of the 3rd movie coming out . That's most excellent.

here is the shirt

Last edited by Autbot_Benz; 08-23-2020 at 08:51 PM.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 10:41 AM   #3640
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

What made me happy today was that those TMNT figures I ordered for $15 from China... They were delivered... To a P.O. Box.. In HONOLULU. That's not anywhere near where I live... but the good news is... there was a full refund.