The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 05-07-2016, 01:24 PM   #41
Roseangelo
Emperor

Alas, my package was not the CDs. I had forgotten about some eBay items I was still waiting for. (For the record, they are these, these, and these, and they are AMAZING!)
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 02:28 PM   #42
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
For the record, I entered into a transaction with the original poster for the complete TMNT 2 & 3 scores that he said he had on CD. It's been two weeks since I paid him and I have no CDs and he has not responded to any messages asking for tracking information.

I did not completely trust the guy when I decided to do this, but I thought it was worth the risk. I am still hoping that he will come through with what he promised, but as it stands I have a dispute open with PayPal on the matter. I hope no one else got taken by him.

UPDATE: I may have received the CDs. I have a package at the post office that I need to sign for, and I can't think of anything else that I'm expecting. Won't be able to pick it up until Saturday; will update then.

Interesting. This is a very strange situation. The OP had legitimate tracks from the score and posted them for free. So it doesn't feel like a scam. He hasn't posted in a while. Perhaps he is just busy? How much did he ask for them?

Considering the quality of the tracks... Well I was wondering. Years ago, I was given awesome quality copies of the scores for the Back to the Future sequels, which included alternate tracks, similar to the expanded albums Intrada, La La Land Records, Film Score Monthly, and Varese release. They were excellent copies, with great sound, as if they came right from the masters. I never, ever saw them on sites like FFShrine, which I found odd, but last year Intrada and Varese just released these for BTTF's 30th anniversary and I am almost 100% certain that source of those were from the work done for those specific albums. They had legit work done on them.

Is it possible that we could be seeing the TMNT scores get legit releases? They are right up LLL's alley, as they like to release superhero scores.
sgtfbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 10:06 PM   #43
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Quote:
... and they are AMAZING!)
Cool! I had meant to bid on those and the auctions completely slipped my mind. Any chance you'll be sharing scans?
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 11:10 PM   #44
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
Cool! I had meant to bid on those and the auctions completely slipped my mind. Any chance you'll be sharing scans?
I will only say probably, simply because my list of things I intend to do gets long and overwhelming and then I do none of it... but it is not my intention to hide them away.
Old 05-08-2016, 06:28 PM   #45
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I will only say probably, simply because my list of things I intend to do gets long and overwhelming and then I do none of it... but it is not my intention to hide them away.
If the original poster comes through, would you share what was on those CDs?
Old 05-11-2016, 06:03 PM   #46
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Believe it or not, there is a whole underworld of people trading film scores back and forth between each other. Not the official soundtracks that you can buy, but the full files used by audio mixers/editors. These are highly sought-after by film music fans because OSTs often leave out a lot of good material, or will sometimes go so far as to present material completely different to what's in the film (anyone who wants the film version to ASM2's "Rest of My Life" knows what I'm talking about!)

It is indeed a shady business, and not just because it's kinda illegal. I have heard of people getting tricked, scammed, receiving fake files, and even being threatened for having certain things.

And I've heard from a couple people now who are 'in the know' that these two scores are being passed around. Coincidence?

The weird thing is that it's surprising for scores this old to suddenly pop up. Most stuff being traded are from rather recent films, since everything's digital now. But I think sgtfbomb is on to something; what's probably happened is that some record label is preparing to release these at some point and someone working on the mastering or something leaked them. And I bet the OP is a rather enterprising individual who received the files and is trying to get a few quick bucks for them.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 06:25 PM   #47
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

Granted, it took YEARS for those Back to the Future releases to finally show up. But that could have been some sort behind the scenes politics. Last year, La La Land implied that somebody (not them) was working on Ghostbusters 2, which is another one that hasn't received an official release (and the one circling the internet contains sound effects). That still hasn't popped up. I believe there was also a rumor that La La Land was considering a "Green Box" TMNT set, but that was probably just a rumor, speculation, or daydreaming.
Old 05-11-2016, 06:33 PM   #48
TheSkeletonMan939

Oh, something's happening at La-La Land, all right.

Maybe not in the near future, but they're certainly trying to get the permissions necessary.
Old 05-11-2016, 06:53 PM   #49
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
Oh, something's happening at La-La Land, all right.

Maybe not in the near future, but they're certainly trying to get the permissions necessary.
Whoah! Awesome! I really need to get back in the score collecting game.
Old 05-11-2016, 07:28 PM   #50
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Sweet about the LaLaLand mention! Fingers crossed. Tristan was here asking about contact info for Du Prez a few months ago. Something about a project he's working on for a record label. All signs point to TMNT, but it sounded early, so who knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
The weird thing is that it's surprising for scores this old to suddenly pop up.
Even more strange is the QUALITY of the posted SOTO score! When the Ghostbusters score first popped up around 2000, it was captured from an incredibly noisy, low-quality reel-to-reel copy. The SOTO score was primo quality. The poster even mentioned having lossless files. He told me the source, which I really don't want to post here, but it's odd, to say the least.

News to me on the Ghostbusters II official release! Do you have a link for the rumor? The last I heard, Sony was having trouble locating the master tapes, but a few snippets popped up on the GB2 Blu-ray.
Old 05-11-2016, 09:58 PM   #51
Roseangelo
Emperor

So, my PayPal case is still in limbo. I think Mr. Shady has until the 20th to respond. And I'm guessing the account has been cleaned out, so there won't be any cash to recover to refund what I paid. Ehh... I took the risk, and I knew it was a risk.

Anyways, if anyone would like to help me cover the costs, I have a bunch of vintage greeting cards I'm trying to liquidate:

http://ninja-pizza.ecrater.com/c/1077781/greeting-cards

Shipping is included for US orders. Shipping for international orders is $1.15, but you'll have to contact me so I can send you a custom invoice. They're pretty neat collectibles on their own, or you could actually use them for their intended purpose.
Old 05-12-2016, 08:24 AM   #52
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:

News to me on the Ghostbusters II official release! Do you have a link for the rumor? The last I heard, Sony was having trouble locating the master tapes, but a few snippets popped up on the GB2 Blu-ray.
Yeah I don't believe for a minute that Sony lost the score. As you say snippets of the score are heard on the GBII blu-ray doc, stuff I've never heard before. They have the score, just haven't released it yet.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 10:21 AM   #53
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
Yeah I don't believe for a minute that Sony lost the score. As you say snippets of the score are heard on the GBII blu-ray doc, stuff I've never heard before. They have the score, just haven't released it yet.
It's such a sub-par work compared to the original, but I'm dying to hear the score in it's original form! Fingers crossed with the GB merch train running full-steam ahead that we'll get an official release.
Old 05-12-2016, 05:16 PM   #54
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

Quote:
It's such a sub-par work compared to the original, but I'm dying to hear the score in it's original form! Fingers crossed with the GB merch train running full-steam ahead that we'll get an official release.
La La Land posted it on FSM like a year or so ago. I will see if I can dig it up.

I actually enjoy the score. Elmer Bernstein did a better job, though I've always wondered if he sat the second film out because a lot of his score was replaced with songs.

Randy Edelman's score is more heartfelt and less spooky, which is probably one of the many reasons why the second film doesn't have the same tone as the original. But I love his main theme and that moment when they have the epiphany about the Statue of Liberty. I also love that bit when the doors of the firehouse open up and Louis is dressed as a Ghostbuster.

Both films also have a lot of deleted scenes that have yet to be released, just like the TMNT franchise. Actually, the same can be said about most of the franchises I love.
Old 05-12-2016, 06:35 PM   #55
TheSkeletonMan939

The most I could find regarding LLL and Ghostbusters was this. The use of a meme makes his answer ambiguous to me.
(And look! At the bottom of the page I linked, someone correctly predicted the franchise would be rebooted! )

But MV Gerhard seems confident at least that the masters - or at least some form of the Ghostbusters 2 score - is attainable. He has a good track record, so I trust he knows what he's talking about. They were reported lost indeed at some point earlier, but I imagine they've been recovered by now.

But don't expect LLL to be the ones to release it. From Gerhard:

"As for Ghostbusters it's a bust for us. We tried our hardest though
Maybe someday they will come out"

Last edited by TheSkeletonMan939; 05-12-2016 at 06:41 PM.
Old 05-19-2016, 01:47 PM   #56
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
I really enjoy the score actually. Not perfect but pretty good for the tone of the film they were going for, less juvenile and more grown up like the movie.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 02:27 PM   #57
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

Nothing new from the OP on the other tracks from SOTO nor the TMNT 3 score and it's a safe bet that Roseangelo never got the CDs. It sucks that that someone might have tried to scam us, but at least we got some of the score out of it.

With MV's hint at FSM, I wonder if these scores may pop up as one of their Comic Con or Black Friday line ups.
Old 05-21-2016, 08:42 PM   #58
massakre
Foot Soldier

thanks man!
massakre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 10:17 PM   #59
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtfbomb View Post
Nothing new from the OP on the other tracks from SOTO nor the TMNT 3 score and it's a safe bet that Roseangelo never got the CDs. It sucks that that someone might have tried to scam us, but at least we got some of the score out of it.
Affirmative on the negative.
Old 05-22-2016, 11:13 AM   #60
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Affirmative on the negative.
You know, the seller mentioned having computer problems to me in a PM. It's possible that he could be just having issues.

If he was REALLY after money, he could have sold the free tracks he posted here on eBay for quite a bit more than he sold the original discs for.