The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 08-01-2023, 08:56 AM   #1
pdizzle
Stone Warrior

Mutant mayhem spoiler thread

Only making this thread for so the movie doesnt get spoiled for those whove not had a chance to see the movie and doesnt want it spoiled

Last edited by pdizzle; 08-02-2023 at 09:25 AM.
pdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 09:22 AM   #2
pdizzle
Stone Warrior

I put this in the movie thread under spoilers but ill put it here as well

i had some theories on how their doing shredder and with cynthia utrom introducing shredder and knowing who she is (based off knowing who the utroms are) and knowing one of the guys from the 2k3 show is going to be a writer going forward it makes me wonder if this version of shredder is going to be che'rell (utrom shredder). I can see this working very good for this version of the turtles theyve presented.

Last edited by pdizzle; 08-03-2023 at 08:02 AM.
Old 08-01-2023, 01:07 PM   #3
Shark_Blade
Emperor

All valid points.

- I laughed how they made Leo a simp for April. It’s a silly crush kinda cute too.

- I love that the movie touched on the human aspect of wanting to be among people/community

- I like how the boys are together in most scenes. It’s so annoying to split them up like in 2007 and reduce some of their screen time (Don & Mikey. It’s TMNT not the Leo & Raph show), while in MM they all seem to receive equal spotlights.

- Thank God they didn’t make cliche choices like Mikey the annoying one and Raph the hot temper one, here both of them are charming and loveable.

- The boys received recognition and acceptance by NYC resident is so sweet. Reminds me of Out of Shadow ending where they got awards from the police force. Also they’re legit heroes now like the MCU

- The boys going to school I don’t mind. So the tv series gonna delve deeper into this I reckon
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 11:44 PM   #4
RETTEB SNATAS
Thug

This movie gave me a headache
RETTEB SNATAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 02:42 AM   #5
Powder
So tired of this place

I have a lot to say, I don't know that anyone will care to read it all, but I'll have to divide it into 2 posts. & there's so much I'm not even commenting on, I can only imagine how many posts it would take to do a total breakdown.

This movie was pretty unconventional as far as TMNT goes. I'd say it was very on-brand, in that it had all the typical turtle fare, familiar faces, pizza, etc, but a lot of controversial changes were made to the lore & character dynamics, & it's humor is strikingly gen z specific, for the most part. It did many things that longtime traditional fans would likely consider wrong, blasphemous, or even outright disrespectful. Despite that, I really, really liked it. In fact, I think I "get it" a lot more than the majority of fans, though I'm sure my stance will be dismissed as a coping mechanism, brand loyalty, or something akin to that.

I feel that it was marketed pretty honestly, as an experimental parody of sorts that is comedy forward, & primarily targeting teens of today. There's a little something for everyone, but I'd say it services 13-25 year-olds the most, from how the coming of age angle was handled, to the slang & pop culture references. Fortunately for me, this was not an issue. I spend a lot of time on Tiktok, I watch anime, my partner & friends are a few years younger than me, I'm a part of the art/convention scene, so at best I'm well versed in, & at worst peripherally aware of, what's current/funny re: the post-internet zeitgeist. That's not to say it's all up my alley, mind you, but I think that the jokes, phrases, & concepts played with here were implemented to hilarious effect. These turtles & their peers really feel like teenagers, more than ever before, for better or worse. Today's teenagers, especially. These turtles throw out a LOT of zoomer lingo/references, but the turtles we knew did the same with that of their own eras, we just found that relatable as we grew up with them. Now we're old, but they're not. I can see where this would be obnoxious or alienating for millennial & gen x fans, but I got a real kick out of it. I don't think that the creators are by any means trying to sell you on the idea that these trends, behaviors, or times are the best, or even necessarily worth embracing, but rather just commenting on & presenting them as they are. Our boys belong to a corporation now, like it or not, they have to move with the times to keep the money flowing in. No high schooler in 2023 connects with Spicoli.

There were a few moments where I nearly cringed, but I was able to put things into perspective with relative ease. I went into the movie with an open mind, & made a point to take everything in context. In one scene, Donatello sees "Attack on Titan" (the name of a popular anime) scribbled on a high school locker, & giddily exclaims how although he doesn't know who it belongs to, he wants to be their best friend. The gag carries on a little. At first, I thought "Ugh." & then I remembered being a 12 year old wannabe punk rocker & losing my mind if I saw someone wearing a Ramones shirt. "Look, mom, another punk, that guy likes punk rock! Wow, I bet he's cool!" I used stupid made-up words that didn't stand the test of time ("Rizz" will definitely fizzle out by next year). I related intense moments in my reality to the dumb cartoons I liked. Real teens are not cool, yo. Our media markets things in such a way to make you think they are, that they define hip culture, & have these unique little identities- They don't. They're awkward try-hards who misappropriate what they hear & stumble on their own developing egos. They say & do things for the wrong reasons, seldom looking before they leap. They want to fit in so badly, yet they strive to be individuals, all the while resenting the two concepts altogether. I think the outcast factor was honed-in on perfectly, & the bittersweetness of loving your family but wanting to break free from them hit hard here. The creative team repeatedly stated their emphasis on making these turtles feel more like teens than ever before, & whether or not you like that element of the film, they succeeded in doing so. I found it endearing. I am also giving the benefit of the doubt that they'll age-up over time, as this was very obviously an origin story of sorts, given we saw them have their very first battle, personal encounter with a human, etc.

As far as the reactionary stuff is concerned, it should come as no surprise those talking points are overblown, & made largely by those who are just outright looking for axes to grind. Although careful consideration for diversity is apparent, nothing is ham-fisted or shoved in your face. Concerning the lady mutants, I'd prefer they just make new characters as opposed to restructuring old ones to meet a gender representation quota. But at the end of the day, it didn't really effect anything for the worse. It was a little jarring to hear women's voices coming out of the likes of Leatherhead & Wingnut, but it's not as though their designs were altered to reflect their genders. They still look gnarly & serve their purpose, no added hips & bust, no girly colloquialisms, the same 'ole bat & gator. Actually, Scumbug being female now is great, to me. There is absolutely nothing feminine about a disgustingly bloated cockroach that vomits all over the place. Scumbug has long been a favorite of mine, so seeing this character get their time in the spotlight was wildly unexpected, & super funny.

Would I have ever, ever, ever made Scumbug the romantic partner of Master Splinter? Not in a million years. If you told me that I was going to see that become a thing, I'd never believe it. If you told me I was not only going to see it, but enjoy seeing it, I'd slap you. However, that's what happened. Why? I guess I just took it in context. The set-ups leading up to that were funny & well laid out. Gross-out humor is a running theme in this film, as it is in the old toyline & CGI show from 2012. Seth Rogen, famed stoner & envelope-pusher, took that notion & ran with it. I laughed. Sue me. It's a toy commercial, don't expect Shakespeare.

April being black is of no consequence to me, her race has never been essential to her character. I was surprised just how likeable this version of her was, compared to Rise & Platinum Dunes' efforts, who I found over-the-top, & flat, respectively. She wasn't in on the combat, she didn't steal the turtles' thunder, nor was she a caricature of her race. She was simply a friend, connection to the outside world, source of information, & background player, all the things I want an April O'neil to be.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 02:44 AM   #6
Powder
So tired of this place

Background changes. That's where I would probably take the most issue, though I wasn't too irked because I just see this as another entry into the mythos & not something that will redefine the brand moving forward. There is no Hamato Yoshi, or ties to Japan for Master Splinter. No generational blood-feud, no cycle of revenge, no corrupted ninja clan. Removing the Japanese cultural point of reference from TMNT is a huge misstep, in my opinion. I think it's essential to not only include, but emphasize. That being said, I'm nuts for Jackie Chan, so the fact that this version of Splinter is not only voiced by him, but learns his techniques by watching & mimicking him, enables me to forgive it, at least considering this is obviously a satirical take on TMNT. I'm biased here, completely. Seeing scenes from his films be paid homage to was delightful for me, as an owner of 40+ of them. Baxter Stockman being the father/creator of the mutants of mayhem isn't the direction I would go in, either, but it's not as though it's illogical. He's almost always played some part in being responsible for enemies the turtles faced over the years, be they mousers, henchmen, or otherwise. If anything, he & his brilliantly talented voice actor Giancarlo Esposito were wasted by having been killed off 5 minutes into the movie. I would have liked to see more. Hard to comment on Cynthia Utrom, as she obviously was not nearly as involved in the plot as we expected. Clearly, she's an Utrom, but if I recall correctly, it was Stockman who developed Mutagen, so I'm not sure how things will play out with their benevolent race in the sequel. You'd think the ooze was of alien origin in the first place. Curious. Bebop & Rocksteady essentially becoming good guys without any resistance was, for me, a pleasant surprise, though I figure they'll heel-turn & end up with Shredder on the next go 'round. I'd rather they subvert my expectations & keep them as allies. Donatello is more of a weeaboo than a tech wiz, & that's fine by me. "Nerd" has more than one meaning, & I find this take more believable than the cliché boy-genius route so often taken with him.

Making the turtles go to school is a huge no-no for me. I have always said I hope it never happens, but now it has. I will say, though, that these turtles won me over to the extent that I wanted to see them fulfill that dream. So I am a bit more open to it now than I was previously. I just hope it doesn't become a mainstay, or the primary focus of their follow-up animated series. It could make for some funny new content unlike a lot of the recycling we've had in recent years, but new isn't always better. Time will tell.

Superfly was a fun character. I didn't expect to like him as much as I did, granted I did dig the design from the get-go, & I'm a HUGE fan of Ice Cube (primarily as a musician, but who doesn't love Boyz In The Hood, & Friday?!). He totally killed the delivery of every line, & as with everything else, was quite funny. His turn into a body-horror kaiju monstrosity was lit, too. The horse-leg gags killed me. The voice work in general was fantastic. Like many others, I feel Don & Mike's VA's should've been switched, but I got used to them quickly. Leonardo was the best performed of the four brothers, in my opinion. Paul Rudd made a great Mondo, just as I figured he would. We didn't get to hear too much of most side characters, unfortunately, but I didn't have any complaints for the most part.

I'm not sure I can say I'm a fan of the Spiderverse art style, but I think Mutant Mayhem improved upon it considerably. There's an almost claymation/stop-motion/muppet vibe to a lot of it, which helped to sell me on it by the time the second trailer had hit. I think the scribbly aesthetic was a rad addition, too. I like most of the designs. I would change a few things (starting with removing Donnie's glasses & Mikey's braces), but the turtles are acceptably classic in appearance. They could've gone a little weirder, if anything. I actually prefer the du-rag look for Raph they've established this past decade. There's a precedent for that style in past works anyway. Over-the-head bandanas were first featured in Mirage Vol. 1 # 9, parts of the Archie & Image run, The Next Mutation, the 4kids series, it's a thing. April/Splinter's looks were not for me but they were easy to get past. Ray Fillet was the worst of them, for me, which is a bummer as he's one of my all time favorite characters. I'll give props for trying something new, just didn't do it for me. I don't dislike the design, it's just not Ray Fillet as I envision him. In another non-TMNT series, I'd probably love it. I did dig the scuba-visor monocle! Most have a very fun, toyetic design, stylized in intriguing & silly ways. Shredder seemed imposing from behind, at least.

The action, fight choreography, excellent. Very dynamic, toothy, more violent than I expected. All of the jokes hit, & the emotionally compelling scenes did their job, too. I found myself splitting the cheers, laughs, & tears three ways equally. Excellent score. The mix of ambient synths, distorted electronic drum kits chugging away, scattered chiptunes, & the occasional somber piano riffs complimented the mood exceptionally. Great soundtrack as well, a lot of punch-packing New York hip-hop that any music lover will find themselves bopping their head to.

I think it was a great TMNT movie overall. The core values of wanting to fit in, finding yourself, the importance of family, & doing the right thing were all present & accounted for. Plenty of kick-butt action, gags, weird vibes, flashy visuals, & lively music to keep you entertained. Enough new flare to spark a lot of discussion & make things feel fresh. It's by no means perfect, but it strikes an amusing balance between old & new. While still incorporating the usual suspects & themes, it doesn't rely nearly as much on past material, which I for one appreciated. Compared to some of the other Viacom-helmed iterations, I'd say Mutant Mayhem tries a bit harder to have its own identity instead of retreading so much of the same ground. I'd say it is the most Nickelodeon flavored, too, which is probably a negative for turtle fans of more conservative tastes, but a positive for me. I grew up on their 'toons, so to feel its influence was a joy. I'd feel differently if they were watering down an adult-aimed & otherwise gritty/realistic/serious take, but this is a kid-friendly popcorn picture. Tonally, I'd say it felt like a mix of 2012 & Rise. 2012's visuals, combat, aesthetics, Rise's humor, modernity, youthful energy. 7.2/10 I guess? I've never quite liked rating things.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 03:22 AM   #7
Barkworm
Super Moderator

That's a great review, Powder. Interesting to read and touches upon issues I have as well.
Barkworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 08:13 AM   #8
pdizzle
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkworm View Post
That's a great review, Powder. Interesting to read and touches upon issues I have as well.
I second this as well.
Also just wanted to touch on one last thing that i dont know how anyone else felt or would feel about it but there was a scene where raph suplexes a thug and gets up to spit on him. Im gonna be honest, this is something i didnt know i needed to see until it happened. The way it was played was hilarious to me.
Old 08-03-2023, 08:14 AM   #9
Purse Grabbin Puke
Stone Warrior

I went into this with huge doubts. I liked the look. But I had read the leaks and seen the story boards and I was worried. Turned out I was right to be worried. This is my least favorite TMNT movie, and that's saying a lot because I HATE Out of the Shadows. I hate this movie so much I don't even feel like going through all the things I hate because I never want to think about this movie ever again. At 1 hour in, I nearly walked out. Instead I just closed my eyes and fell asleep. I woke up just in time to see the DUMBEST POSSIBLE ENDING. ALL the bad guys are now roommates with the Turtles, and they are in High school, and Leo and April (oh god she is SO pretty, beautiful, so we heard 30 times in the movie) are dating. I don't know why this is a TMNT movie. Couldn't Seth Rogen create his own cartoon characters to tell this stupid story? Oh wait he already did that with that Sausage Party. One last thing that really bothered me. The biggest laugh this movie got was one of the turtles telling Leo he has no rizz. It wasn't even a laugh so much, it was the younger kids in the audience yelling (equivalent of the Leonardo DiCaprio pointing meme) that they said the word that's popular on tiktok. Comedy in movies is dead.
Old 08-03-2023, 09:50 AM   #10
Cowabung-Gal
Mad Scientist

Why do I see this as MM Leo and April’s future?

Warning: Language

Old 08-03-2023, 10:02 AM   #11
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I have a lot to say, I don't know that anyone will care to read it all, but I'll have to divide it into 2 posts. & there's so much I'm not even commenting on, I can only imagine how many posts it would take to do a total breakdown.

This movie was pretty unconventional as far as TMNT goes. I'd say it was very on-brand, in that it had all the typical turtle fare, familiar faces, pizza, etc, but a lot of controversial changes were made to the lore & character dynamics, & it's humor is strikingly gen z specific, for the most part. It did many things that longtime traditional fans would likely consider wrong, blasphemous, or even outright disrespectful. Despite that, I really, really liked it. In fact, I think I "get it" a lot more than the majority of fans, though I'm sure my stance will be dismissed as a coping mechanism, brand loyalty, or something akin to that.

I feel that it was marketed pretty honestly, as an experimental parody of sorts that is comedy forward, & primarily targeting teens of today. There's a little something for everyone, but I'd say it services 13-25 year-olds the most, from how the coming of age angle was handled, to the slang & pop culture references. Fortunately for me, this was not an issue. I spend a lot of time on Tiktok, I watch anime, my partner & friends are a few years younger than me, I'm a part of the art/convention scene, so at best I'm well versed in, & at worst peripherally aware of, what's current/funny re: the post-internet zeitgeist. That's not to say it's all up my alley, mind you, but I think that the jokes, phrases, & concepts played with here were implemented to hilarious effect. These turtles & their peers really feel like teenagers, more than ever before, for better or worse. Today's teenagers, especially. These turtles throw out a LOT of zoomer lingo/references, but the turtles we knew did the same with that of their own eras, we just found that relatable as we grew up with them. Now we're old, but they're not. I can see where this would be obnoxious or alienating for millennial & gen x fans, but I got a real kick out of it. I don't think that the creators are by any means trying to sell you on the idea that these trends, behaviors, or times are the best, or even necessarily worth embracing, but rather just commenting on & presenting them as they are. Our boys belong to a corporation now, like it or not, they have to move with the times to keep the money flowing in. No high schooler in 2023 connects with Spicoli.

There were a few moments where I nearly cringed, but I was able to put things into perspective with relative ease. I went into the movie with an open mind, & made a point to take everything in context. In one scene, Donatello sees "Attack on Titan" (the name of a popular anime) scribbled on a high school locker, & giddily exclaims how although he doesn't know who it belongs to, he wants to be their best friend. The gag carries on a little. At first, I thought "Ugh." & then I remembered being a 12 year old wannabe punk rocker & losing my mind if I saw someone wearing a Ramones shirt. "Look, mom, another punk, that guy likes punk rock! Wow, I bet he's cool!" I used stupid made-up words that didn't stand the test of time ("Rizz" will definitely fizzle out by next year). I related intense moments in my reality to the dumb cartoons I liked. Real teens are not cool, yo. Our media markets things in such a way to make you think they are, that they define hip culture, & have these unique little identities- They don't. They're awkward try-hards who misappropriate what they hear & stumble on their own developing egos. They say & do things for the wrong reasons, seldom looking before they leap. They want to fit in so badly, yet they strive to be individuals, all the while resenting the two concepts altogether. I think the outcast factor was honed-in on perfectly, & the bittersweetness of loving your family but wanting to break free from them hit hard here. The creative team repeatedly stated their emphasis on making these turtles feel more like teens than ever before, & whether or not you like that element of the film, they succeeded in doing so. I found it endearing. I am also giving the benefit of the doubt that they'll age-up over time, as this was very obviously an origin story of sorts, given we saw them have their very first battle, personal encounter with a human, etc.

As far as the reactionary stuff is concerned, it should come as no surprise those talking points are overblown, & made largely by those who are just outright looking for axes to grind. Although careful consideration for diversity is apparent, nothing is ham-fisted or shoved in your face. Concerning the lady mutants, I'd prefer they just make new characters as opposed to restructuring old ones to meet a gender representation quota. But at the end of the day, it didn't really effect anything for the worse. It was a little jarring to hear women's voices coming out of the likes of Leatherhead & Wingnut, but it's not as though their designs were altered to reflect their genders. They still look gnarly & serve their purpose, no added hips & bust, no girly colloquialisms, the same 'ole bat & gator. Actually, Scumbug being female now is great, to me. There is absolutely nothing feminine about a disgustingly bloated cockroach that vomits all over the place. Scumbug has long been a favorite of mine, so seeing this character get their time in the spotlight was wildly unexpected, & super funny.

Would I have ever, ever, ever made Scumbug the romantic partner of Master Splinter? Not in a million years. If you told me that I was going to see that become a thing, I'd never believe it. If you told me I was not only going to see it, but enjoy seeing it, I'd slap you. However, that's what happened. Why? I guess I just took it in context. The set-ups leading up to that were funny & well laid out. Gross-out humor is a running theme in this film, as it is in the old toyline & CGI show from 2012. Seth Rogen, famed stoner & envelope-pusher, took that notion & ran with it. I laughed. Sue me. It's a toy commercial, don't expect Shakespeare.

April being black is of no consequence to me, her race has never been essential to her character. I was surprised just how likeable this version of her was, compared to Rise & Platinum Dunes' efforts, who I found over-the-top, & flat, respectively. She wasn't in on the combat, she didn't steal the turtles' thunder, nor was she a caricature of her race. She was simply a friend, connection to the outside world, source of information, & background player, all the things I want an April O'neil to be.
I love this post. It's poetry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purse Grabbin Puke View Post
I went into this with huge doubts. I liked the look. But I had read the leaks and seen the story boards and I was worried. Turned out I was right to be worried. This is my least favorite TMNT movie, and that's saying a lot because I HATE Out of the Shadows. I hate this movie so much I don't even feel like going through all the things I hate because I never want to think about this movie ever again. At 1 hour in, I nearly walked out. Instead I just closed my eyes and fell asleep. I woke up just in time to see the DUMBEST POSSIBLE ENDING. ALL the bad guys are now roommates with the Turtles, and they are in High school, and Leo and April (oh god she is SO pretty, beautiful, so we heard 30 times in the movie) are dating. I don't know why this is a TMNT movie. Couldn't Seth Rogen create his own cartoon characters to tell this stupid story? Oh wait he already did that with that Sausage Party. One last thing that really bothered me. The biggest laugh this movie got was one of the turtles telling Leo he has no rizz. It wasn't even a laugh so much, it was the younger kids in the audience yelling (equivalent of the Leonardo DiCaprio pointing meme) that they said the word that's popular on tiktok. Comedy in movies is dead.
The problem is that you paid for it, man. That's not a "finger point", but rather just a "point". That's the great Hollywood trick - "see it to judge it", but either way they got your money even amidst your dissatisfaction. It's a sucky system that would otherwise be no big deal if we weren't force fed positioning and politics we don't want yet paid for. And even if you don't care about that, it's still hard because you know... we love TMNT and each want something from a movie. And even worse because nowadays people hide behind the cliche "you can't make everyone happy" but that's nothing but excuse making word play.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 10:23 AM   #12
pdizzle
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabung-Gal View Post

This ligit had me rolling
Old 08-03-2023, 11:07 AM   #13
neatoman
Emperor

Not sure if it was directly inspired, but the outdoor theater scene did remind me of this:
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 01:40 PM   #14
TurtleManiac
Stone Warrior

Splinter was pretty weird in this movie, did he really “come out” at the end?

April was a completely different character than any April we’ve seen before, and I think they over-did her “hurling on camera” gag.

Too many mutants all at once though, was kinda hard to follow along what was going on, and what is the real deal with Leatherhead? Was it a he or a she?

I actually kinda liked Ice Cube’s character Supafly, was funny hearing his gangsta voice flying around going after the turtles. It would have been better if they made new characters like that, instead of butchering well established characters.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24478755@N08/
TurtleManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 05:23 PM   #15
Purse Grabbin Puke
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
The problem is that you paid for it, man. That's not a "finger point", but rather just a "point". That's the great Hollywood trick - "see it to judge it", but either way they got your money even amidst your dissatisfaction. It's a sucky system that would otherwise be no big deal if we weren't force fed positioning and politics we don't want yet paid for. And even if you don't care about that, it's still hard because you know... we love TMNT and each want something from a movie. And even worse because nowadays people hide behind the cliche "you can't make everyone happy" but that's nothing but excuse making word play.
I love TMNT. TMNT, Terminator, these things will always at least get me to watch once. I will watch at least one episode of a new TMNT cartoon, I will watch the new Terminator movie. I love them. So I wasn't tricked. I wanted this to be good. It's not. I have seen plenty of movies (mostly Marvel) that are seemingly loved by everyone except me, and I couldn't care less. This is actually bothering me how much TMNT fans are loving this. I don't understand how you could be a TMNT fan and love this. I will have to try and watch it again because I'm feeling like something is wrong with me for not liking it.

But I started to notice something "I've always been a fan of the TMNT" is something often said by these people who loved the movie. Seth Rogen says it in all his little interviews. But I don't think these people are FANS of TMNT. I think they go "OH TMNT is cool" and that's as far as their "Fandom" goes. So they don't have all the different versions to compare against each other. To weed out the bad ones and the good ones. That's why I had to come back to this forum to see what the real fans think and it seems like most like it. And it's got me really crossed up.
Old 08-03-2023, 09:29 PM   #16
Cowabung-Gal
Mad Scientist

Quote:
This is actually bothering me how much TMNT fans are loving this. I don't understand how you could be a TMNT fan and love this. I will have to try and watch it again because I'm feeling like something is wrong with me for not liking it.
Nothing’s wrong with you, even if so many people want you to believe that.
Old 08-03-2023, 09:34 PM   #17
Monty Mole
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabung-Gal View Post

I wish!
Monty Mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 09:39 PM   #18
909 Turtle Fan
Hench Mutant

Thought it was cool and enjoyed it. The animation looked good on the big screen, especially the fightsceens. The boys had a good funny brother vibe going. Donatello’s voice ended up working out. Thought he sounded too young in the previews. Splinter started out funny but then got to be a bit much. Mondo Gecko was funny. Rocksteady too. Didn’t like the end with the giant sea life superfly mutant and then all the mutants living together in the sewer. Also the turtles wearing clothes and being accepted in high school was kinda lame. Ninja turtles should live in a sewer lair or abandoned subway train/water tower/church! Haha But overall (politics aside) it was worth seeing and glad I watched it in the theater.

"Breath in the smoke, Oroku Saki, and meditate. Open your mind and all will become clear."-Kitsune, SHotFC #3

"You know what, you're not Leonardo, you're a member of the foot clan. you are a foot clan member! you're not just a member, you're Danny! you're that punk b*tch Danny!"
-Adam, workaholics, teenage mutant ninja roommates
909 Turtle Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 11:07 PM   #19
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
I will have to try and watch it again because I'm feeling like something is wrong with me for not liking it.
No, don't watch it again. I didn't like it either. Just accept that you didn't enjoy it and move on. Don't bend.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 11:20 PM   #20
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I'll just wait til it's on TV or whatever.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote