The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 11-26-2016, 05:01 PM   #81
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
Ah crud, I just remembered something: one of the LLL guys said that there were no superhero scores in the Black Friday batch. Since I think the TMNT count as superheroes to most people, I guess we won't be seeing them this month.
Yep. No Turtles this year. That Jurassic Park set does look tempting.
sgtfbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 04:11 PM   #82
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
I've asked in the past the various labels whether they'd release soundtrack to 'x' movie or TV show and they always tell me it's possible as long as enough people want it.
Well, that's half-true. Labels can express interest in releasing something and try their damnedest to do it, but ultimately it's the decision of the studios (and who knows who else) as to whether that music actually sees the light of day.

There must be five or six companies with their hands in the pie when it comes to the Lord of the Rings complete recordings, for instance, which is why re-releases have been very slow to come.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 08:26 AM   #83
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
Well, that's half-true. Labels can express interest in releasing something and try their damnedest to do it, but ultimately it's the decision of the studios (and who knows who else) as to whether that music actually sees the light of day.

There must be five or six companies with their hands in the pie when it comes to the Lord of the Rings complete recordings, for instance, which is why re-releases have been very slow to come.
Yeah I guess. I can't believe I'm waiting for a score to be released for the 1980s movie Biggles yet the OST for Emmanuelle 4 is 'popular' enough to get a release.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 10:32 AM   #84
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I've asked in the past the various labels whether they'd release soundtrack to 'x' movie or TV show and they always tell me it's possible as long as enough people want it.
Every time I or another person does that, there are a crowd of people whining and saying that we need to enjoy the scores they have released.

As an aside, I really want that Jurassic Park release, but I am waiting to get paid for the edit I just turned in. Meanwhile, all the JP fans have started pushing it. I am afraid it is going to get snatched up by people who simply want it to collect dust on their shelves. I seem to recall both Hook and 1941 selling out before I could get them. Same situation.
Old 12-08-2016, 08:11 AM   #85
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtfbomb View Post

As an aside, I really want that Jurassic Park release, but I am waiting to get paid for the edit I just turned in. Meanwhile, all the JP fans have started pushing it. I am afraid it is going to get snatched up by people who simply want it to collect dust on their shelves. I seem to recall both Hook and 1941 selling out before I could get them. Same situation.
I remember the score to WarGames selling pretty fast.
Old 12-08-2016, 08:38 AM   #86
TheSkeletonMan939

I wouldn't be too concerned about JP selling out anytime soon. LLL is usually pretty good at producing enough to go around (in this case, 5000 copies).
Old 12-08-2016, 05:48 PM   #87
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I remember the score to WarGames selling pretty fast.
Strange. I remember picking that one up from Intrada much later than when it was released, as I had heard of them nor bought from them until they released James Horner's score for Honey, I Shrunk the Kids.

The strange thing about that WarGames release is that many of the cues actually have lyrics. An example of this is the track "History Lesson," which in the film is the cue where David is digging into Professor Falken's past. I guess these were intended as songs originally, but they wisely opted for the instrumentals. Unfortunately, the film versions weren't included, but I highly doubt this will be the last WarGames release.

Space Camp sold out fast. I was lucky to get it. But, man, I had to basically plan my schedule around those releases, which is why I eventually got exhausted because it could be a hassle sometimes.

But what is awesome about Intrada is that they are now able to extend quantities. So if people keep buying them, they can press some more. Of course, when they announced this, some were irked because not having that "special number" on the back of those CDs made their collection "less valuable," which is why I hate collectors. They care more about the allure of having it, not the music itself.
Old 12-15-2016, 07:53 AM   #88
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
The strange thing about that WarGames release is that many of the cues actually have lyrics. An example of this is the track "History Lesson," which in the film is the cue where David is digging into Professor Falken's past. I guess these were intended as songs originally, but they wisely opted for the instrumentals. Unfortunately, the film versions weren't included, but I highly doubt this will be the last WarGames release.
That is correct. The intention was always for the song to have lyrics but it was decided by the director to go instrumental. The reason the film version wasn't included according to Intrada is that they had limited space and decided to include the complete version with the instrumental music and lyrics together as one.
Old 12-19-2016, 03:08 AM   #89
Bebop87
Random Punk

I love soundtracks too, just got the tmnt 1990 movie soundtrack on vinyl and it sounds great!
Bebop87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 05:28 AM   #90
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebop87 View Post
I love soundtracks too, just got the tmnt 1990 movie soundtrack on vinyl and it sounds great!
Is this the orchestra soundtrack and if so, where did you get it?
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 06:08 AM   #91
Powder
So tired of this place

He said soundtrack, so I'm sure he's referring to the collection of songs by artsts like Hi-Tek. The score has not been released.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 06:38 AM   #92
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

That's a bummer. I hope it gets released in the near future.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 10:24 AM   #93
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
He said soundtrack, so I'm sure he's referring to the collection of songs by artsts like Hi-Tek. The score has not been released.
Yeah the soundtrack had a bit of the score but it was overlaid with soundbites from the movie.
Old 12-24-2016, 08:09 PM   #94
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

Except for The Shredder Suite, which features the bit at the beginning, Shredder's entrance, and what I call the "it just got real" cue, which plays when the apartment catches on fire and when they are fighting Shredder.
Old 01-03-2017, 01:44 PM   #95
Skywarp82
Random Punk

Just came over this holy grail of mine and thank you for sharing it with us.. Any chance of releasing the whole TMNT2 score and the 3rd one?

Again, thank you!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/shellraisersoundtracks/
Skywarp82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 04:16 PM   #96
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywarp82 View Post
Just came over this holy grail of mine and thank you for sharing it with us.. Any chance of releasing the whole TMNT2 score and the 3rd one?

Again, thank you!
The OP hasn't been back since he posted these. At least one person tried to acquire a copy of his tapes, but last we heard, they never turned up. It is speculated that this may be a leak from a future CD release from possibly La La Land Records, but that is just educated conjecture at this point. M
Old 01-06-2017, 03:00 AM   #97
Skywarp82
Random Punk

Awesome!!!

Wow.. So awesome.. Thanks alot man.. Please release the 3rd score and the rest of the 2nd if you can..

I'll be doing some custom front covers for people who wants them..

Old 01-06-2017, 03:03 AM   #98
Skywarp82
Random Punk

Quote:
The OP hasn't been back since he posted these. At least one person tried to acquire a copy of his tapes, but last we heard, they never turned up. It is speculated that this may be a leak from a future CD release from possibly La La Land Records, but that is just educated conjecture at this point. M
I'm hoping La La are relasing it.. I mentioned this to Varese Sarabrande and they said, great suggestion, but everytime i write them it feels like it's a robot who answers...

Old 01-06-2017, 06:37 AM   #99
TheSkeletonMan939

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywarp82 View Post
I'm hoping La La are relasing it.. I mentioned this to Varese Sarabrande and they said, great suggestion, but everytime i write them it feels like it's a robot who answers...
It probably is, or it's their form response to requests because they can't confirm or deny anything.
Varese Sarabande is more often than not in the business of producing soundtracks to newer films (as in, just came out in theaters) than older ones.

But La-La Land is most assuredly on the job, I'd expect a release either this year or 2018.
Old 01-06-2017, 07:55 AM   #100
Spitfire
Writer • Director

Well they did a vinyl of the original soundtrack in Spain apparently.
Spoiler:

Pretty nifty. I wonder if Mondo will ever do a release of the scores for the first two films. Seems like something that is right up their alley.