The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 01-06-2017, 03:44 PM   #101
Skywarp82
Random Punk

I talked to La La Land and they said "we would love to some day" I've also been in touch with John's agent regarding the scores. Thought i talk to Mondo and Waxwork record about this as well.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/shellraisersoundtracks/
Skywarp82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 09:36 PM   #102
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

These things take years. LLL implied in a Turtle Box Set thread on FSM that they were meeting with John Du Prez. It could've been for another score, but why that thread? "They would love to someday" doesn't necessarily mean they aren't trying nor that they aren't working on it. It could just be a safe answer, as the project is a ways off or in the early stages or in the early stages before the early stages: rights, deals, all that red tape. Or it fell through. Maybe someone else nabbed it.

This is more up LLL's alley, but that doesn't necessarily rule out Intrada, which might be nice since they have the ability to press more discs if they sell out. I, for some reason, can't imagine Varese picking this up. If I had to bet, it will be LLL.
sgtfbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 10:13 PM   #103
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Well they did a vinyl of the original soundtrack in Spain apparently.
I've picked up vinyl pressings of both movie OSTs. They've both gotten a bit costly over the past few years. I've been pondering going after the 12" singles next!

Quote:
I wonder if Mondo will ever do a release of the scores for the first two films. Seems like something that is right up their alley.
I'm really hoping Mondo gets it as a vinyl pressing with FLAC digital download. I would love to see what they would do with the jacket design. They've put out some gorgeous soundtrack covers over the years.

...and work out the rights to include the Blue Danube track from Malcolm McLaren!
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 08:00 AM   #104
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtfbomb View Post
It could just be a safe answer, as the project is a ways off or in the early stages or in the early stages before the early stages: rights, deals, all that red tape. Or it fell through. Maybe someone else nabbed it.
This. It's never a good idea to advertise a release openly until the final signature has been made.
This past year they released Ferris Beuller's Day Off, which I believe took no less than FIVE YEARS to produce. Not because it was a very taxing project and it actually took that long to make, but because guys in suits kept it in limbo for a long time. It's just part of the business, and it's one of the most frustrating aspects of it.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 09:30 AM   #105
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Well they did a vinyl of the original soundtrack in Spain apparently.

Pretty nifty. I wonder if Mondo will ever do a release of the scores for the first two films. Seems like something that is right up their alley.
Man, I've been begging and pleading with Mondo to release the score to the first film. It's completely up their alley for sure, but I wonder if there's some legal reasons why they can't pursue it? Either way, I'd be dying to get my hands on that. I own the vinyl version they released of the soundtrack to The Greasy Strangler and I love it.

Oh and I own the original 1990 soundtrack on vinyl as well!

I was hoping to pick up the soundtrack to SOTO on vinyl as well, but some of the prices on Discogs are a little nuts for such used copies.
Old 01-11-2017, 09:56 AM   #106
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

Mondo does special Vinyl re-issues of scores that already have been released, either in CD form from a label or digital only. For example, the Back to the Future scores they put out were originally released by Intrada and Varese. And going through their list, that is true of most of everything I have seen so far. Inside Out. Luke Cage. Black Sunday. Phantasm. Planet of the Apes. Star Trek II: Wrath of Khan. It'd be cool if they released it, though I'd much prefer LLL.

Last edited by sgtfbomb; 01-11-2017 at 10:11 AM.
Old 01-11-2017, 11:59 AM   #107
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtfbomb View Post
Mondo does special Vinyl re-issues of scores that already have been released, either in CD form from a label or digital only. For example, the Back to the Future scores they put out were originally released by Intrada and Varese. And going through their list, that is true of most of everything I have seen so far. Inside Out. Luke Cage. Black Sunday. Phantasm. Planet of the Apes. Star Trek II: Wrath of Khan. It'd be cool if they released it, though I'd much prefer LLL.
They also do unreleased and older independent stuff, which is right in our targets. With the care and love Mondo has shown the TMNT property going back to their early poster prints based on the 1990 movie, I'm really hoping they get the license. They would knock the cover art out of the park.

Whoever (hopefully) releases it, just please, please, PLEASE don't use the one-sheet poster art.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL View Post
Man, I've been begging and pleading with Mondo to release the score to the first film. It's completely up their alley for sure, but I wonder if there's some legal reasons why they can't pursue it?
Being an older independent movie from a large corporate franchise, the rights are apparently a bit convoluted. Hopefully they get this stuff sorted-- they're all leaving money on the table. New merch from the movie popping up is a good sign, though.

As for SOTO, decently priced copies pop up on eBay and Discogs from time to time. Just keep your eyes open. Mine is the European pressing, I believe-- sounds fantastic!
Old 01-11-2017, 12:35 PM   #108
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
Being an older independent movie from a large corporate franchise, the rights are apparently a bit convoluted. Hopefully they get this stuff sorted-- they're all leaving money on the table. New merch from the movie popping up is a good sign, though.

As for SOTO, decently priced copies pop up on eBay and Discogs from time to time. Just keep your eyes open. Mine is the European pressing, I believe-- sounds fantastic!
Nice!! I'll be on the look out!
Old 01-11-2017, 07:15 PM   #109
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Whoever (hopefully) releases it, just please, please, PLEASE don't use the one-sheet poster art.
What's wrong with the one sheet? I love that image.
Old 01-11-2017, 09:41 PM   #110
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

The original OSTs already used the one sheet designs. It'll bug the hell out of me. I LOVE the image! I had an original one sheet in my office for years.

There are so many other cooler options that haven't already been used. We're in a golden age of cool album art on niche geek releases. TMNT deserves something fun.

Maybe something illustrated... a Struzan-esque painting of the "We're going back" shot could be cool. An original concept illustration from the movie-- there was a neat concept of Mikey in the sewer phone booth ordering pizza that was distributed amongst the crew in early drafts of the script. That would be REALLY cool. Maybe even a artful black and white unit photo from the production. That side shot of Leo meditating in the woods in black and white on the cover would be gorgeous.
Old 01-12-2017, 08:25 AM   #111
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Maybe something illustrated... a Struzan-esque painting of the "We're going back" shot could be cool. An original concept illustration from the movie-- there was a neat concept of Mikey in the sewer phone booth ordering pizza that was distributed amongst the crew in early drafts of the script. That would be REALLY cool. Maybe even a artful black and white unit photo from the production. That side shot of Leo meditating in the woods in black and white on the cover would be gorgeous.
They'll go with the original poster as they do with every re-released soundtrack. I think the best bet is La-La-Land although they never really talk to me when I make a request. I only hope if they get as far as a score for the third film they don't use the subtitle "Turtles in Time" as that's totally wrong.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 09:03 AM   #112
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
They'll go with the original poster as they do with every re-released soundtrack. I think the best bet is La-La-Land although they never really talk to me when I make a request. I only hope if they get as far as a score for the third film they don't use the subtitle "Turtles in Time" as that's totally wrong.
I think it will be LLL, as well. The quote given doesn't really deny it and they have stated in a Turtle Box Set thread on FSM that they were about to meet with John Du Prez. I doubt they would hint at it on a TMNT related thread if they were meeting with him to do one of his other scores.

Of course, there might be a setback, like rights issues or maybe masters. I wouldn't be surprised if the masters for the first score needed cleaned up. Plus, that quote was from last year sometime, so they could be in the early stages. Very early stages. If they were doing it, it could still be years before we see it.
Old 01-12-2017, 10:03 AM   #113
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Quote:
They'll go with the original poster as they do with every re-released soundtrack.
It's not a re-released soundtrack. I could 100% see them using the poster art on a CD release, but good lord that would be lazy for vinyl.

The dude that leaked the SOTO score mentioned the master tapes from TMNT90 being analog and not having been captured yet at WB. Of course, the SOTO material was sourced from a post-production trailer facility, not any sort of label, licensing, or studio. Personally, I would rather keep a complete analog chain for the vinyl than a digital transfer, but I double TMNT would garner than type of care from the label.

I'm at the point now where I'll believe it when I see it, but it's fun to think about. The Ghostbusters II score was supposed to be released years ago, yet here we are.

Last edited by d_osborn; 01-12-2017 at 10:11 AM.
Old 01-12-2017, 01:05 PM   #114
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Quote:
Of course, the SOTO material was sourced from a post-production trailer facility, not any sort of label, licensing, or studio.
Where did you find this out? I was under the assumption that this SOTO rip was from studio archives, and that the 1990 film was simply deeper in the salt mines.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 01:18 PM   #115
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
Where did you find this out? I was under the assumption that this SOTO rip was from studio archives, and that the 1990 film was simply deeper in the salt mines.
The leaked SOTO files were from DAT tapes available to a department at WB that handles trailer post-production-- very easy to access and pull material. They also have the 1990 score masters, but it's all older analog tapes, requiring a little more effort in pulling the material than just copying over files.

This all comes from the guy that leaked the SOTO files.
Old 01-12-2017, 06:53 PM   #116
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

Quote:
The leaked SOTO files were from DAT tapes available to a department at WB that handles trailer post-production-- very easy to access and pull material. They also have the 1990 score masters, but it's all older analog tapes, requiring a little more effort in pulling the material than just copying over files.

Well snap.. Did he tell you that in a private message? Here, he just says he can't tell us how he got them, but a friend in the industry helped him.

Man, I wish the guy came through with sending them to one of us. Last I heard, it didn't arrive.
Old 01-19-2017, 08:08 AM   #117
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:

If the source files for the 1990 soundtrack were on a more difficult to convert format it might explain why he never leaked it.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 05:02 PM   #118
NYShell
Stone Warrior

Thank you so much for this! This is such a great find! You're awesome! I don't really use this forum anymore, so to come back and see one of you guys bringing this to our little community is amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph View Post
I so agree with everyone here. You brought an amazing gift onto this forum. And if there's anything you can do to get that first movie score, you'd be the hero of this forum.

And! To be totally honest here..I would totally chip in, if that would be neccesary to get the movie 1 score! And I guess I'm not the only one.
__

You are awesome and looking forward to the movie 3 and (maybe) the full movie 2 score (been listening to it all day)!
I agree! I've been wanting the movie 1 score for years!

** LOOKING FOR 2016 SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES EXCLUSIVE TMNT STATUES (LEO, MIKE, RAPH) **
NYShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 06:16 PM   #119
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

Quote:
If the source files for the 1990 soundtrack were on a more difficult to convert format it might explain why he never leaked it.
But why didn't he look all of SotO files? Or even the third film's, which he said he has? And he scammed at least one of our members into paying for the files, which were never delivered, last we heard. And he hasn't came back in to state his case.
Old 01-19-2017, 06:19 PM   #120
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

It's sad. This guy could've been the real hero in all this. Instead, he opted to be the villain...Well, so half. At least we got the SotO score out of it.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote