The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 06-16-2018, 09:07 PM   #81
mexichrist83
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Incredibles 2 causing people to get seziures from strobing lights

https://variety.com/2018/biz/news/in...ng-1202848920/
Having seen the movie I think this is a very responsible acknowledgement to the flashing/strobe effects that are featured in the movie. Those type of effects don't bother me personally but while I was watching the movie I did think to myself "I hope there isn't anyone in the audience with epilepsy" during some of those sequences because there are a few and one in particular is quite lengthy. If something like that can be harmful to someone going to the movie uninformed then they should at least have the opportunity to be made aware beforehand. I go to many concerts and I have been to shows that feature strobe lights and the venue will post notices at the entrances informing people about the strobe lights so I think that's a responsible thing to do at the movie theaters as well.
Old 06-16-2018, 09:45 PM   #82
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
That’s like a news saying people who can’t swim found drown in a pool.

They shouldn’t watch anything then. Go read a book or something.
What an insensitive thing to say. People who have epilepsy or suffer from seizures should be able to enjoy any movie that the general public can. It doesn't hurt to put a warning up if the movie has a lot of strobing lights.

Old 06-17-2018, 12:02 AM   #83
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Incredibles 2 causing people to get seziures from strobing lights

https://variety.com/2018/biz/news/in...ng-1202848920/
My theater had signs up and plenty of notices around the theater thankfully. At least they are trying to warn people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexichrist83 View Post
Having seen the movie I think this is a very responsible acknowledgement to the flashing/strobe effects that are featured in the movie. Those type of effects don't bother me personally but while I was watching the movie I did think to myself "I hope there isn't anyone in the audience with epilepsy" during some of those sequences because there are a few and one in particular is quite lengthy. If something like that can be harmful to someone going to the movie uninformed then they should at least have the opportunity to be made aware beforehand. I go to many concerts and I have been to shows that feature strobe lights and the venue will post notices at the entrances informing people about the strobe lights so I think that's a responsible thing to do at the movie theaters as well.
I don't feel bad for who see the movie knowing the have epilepsy. I feel bad for the people who don't realize they have epilepsy and have a seizure in the middle of the movie!!!

I was kind of shocked that they chose the lighting affects they did knowing how it could affect people with epilepsy especially given how long one of the scenes were. I looked away bc I was paranoid
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 12:07 AM   #84
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

So I just saw it and I thought it was a good but predictable movie.

Pros
The animation of course improved compared to the 1st movie, giving more detail and life to the environment and the characters. I like how Helen is sort of the focus when it comes to the superhero aspect of the movie because we already seen Bob do it in the 1st one and they actually gave an in-universe explanation for it. It also helps her powers are a bit more interesting than Bob's in the visual department with her changing shapes while Bob hits things. I also enjoyed watching Bob struggle to become a house husband and slowly go insane from it, hell most of my laughs came from him getting frustrated. The rest of the characters are good but they aren't really that much different from the previous movie.

Meddling/Nitpicking
Remember how ambiguous the time period was in the 1st one, like you would't know it was set in the 50s/60s without paying attention, well here they just shove the 50s aesthetic down your throat to the point you are expecting Oral Puppington to make a cameo. I know this is nitpicking but its kind of jarring when you watch to 2 films back to back and go from subtle to jump scare. Also I still think it was a huge missed opportunity for the sequal to not have a time skip.
Bad-
Spoiler:
Pretty much the bad guy in this movie, by the time you see the brother and sister team you pretty much have a multiple choice of who is going to be the bad guy and I chose C(which was the sister). At first I thought they made the Screenslaver in order to give Elasticgirl a fake villain who can she fight against but nope instead it was a plot to make Supers extra illegals because her father called Supers instead of going to the panic room and that means Supers are bad because they make humans weak. Well going by that logic Police and Firemen should't exist because they solve other people's problem too. Also to add salt to the wound we got another Tech villain
So yeah a weak villain that really hurt the film imo

I give it 7 Helen ass shots out of 10
Old 06-19-2018, 04:27 AM   #85
drgon78
Mad Scientist

50's? Don't you mean 60's? The first movie takes in 1962(well 1947 in the beginning) with 3 month time skip at the end so still 62 or maybe 63. Though Jonny Quest didn't come out until 64 this is an alternate world with superheroes and better tech so you never know.

I am fine with them not doing a time skip for this one though a 2-5 year one for a third movie would be interesting.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 04:28 PM   #86
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgon78 View Post
50's? Don't you mean 60's? The first movie takes in 1962(well 1947 in the beginning) with 3 month time skip at the end so still 62 or maybe 63. Though Jonny Quest didn't come out until 64 this is an alternate world with superheroes and better tech so you never know.

I am fine with them not doing a time skip for this one though a 2-5 year one for a third movie would be interesting.
I am hoping for a time skip in the 3rd movie. I usually don't like time skips, but I want the next movie to be more about the kids coming into there own.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 05:38 PM   #87
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgon78 View Post

I meant the aesthetics of the 50s which in my defense its hard to differentiate between the 50s and 60s when the latter doesn't have any hippies or psychedelic drugs.
Old 06-20-2018, 08:57 PM   #88
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Angry Feminist at the NY Post rants at us perverts to stop objectifying Elastagirl

https://twitter.com/MarisaDellatto/s...39791338209280

Not my fault she has a thicc booty
Old 06-20-2018, 09:08 PM   #89
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Disney and Pixar definitely created a worthy sequel to the orginal. I am glad that we to go see Helen/Elastigirl in action by herself. It was really great seeing her kick some serious butt during some scenes.

Spoiler:
I also loved how Violet, Dash and Jack-Jack were the ones who had to save everyone before the climax. Plus, we got to see a similar moment to the Jack-Jack Attacks short where a person's memory is erased after discovering a superhero's powers. I didn't realize that it did more than just forgetting that moment.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 05:01 AM   #90
drgon78
Mad Scientist

I do find it strange that Rick Dicker didn't tell Bob and/or Helen about Jack Jack's powers.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 10:37 AM   #91
Shark_Blade
Emperor

I love the new movie. I don’t understand why it took so long to make??

The cinematography of the action scenes are just gobsmackingly good, so out of this world!

The characters are a lot more detailed now. For example it is more apparent that Violet has eyebags and crevices on her face.

Ah I wanna see it again.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 06:11 PM   #92
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Yesterday I went back to see the film for a second time. This sequel was definitely worth the wait. I am so glad that Brad Bird didn't jump ahead far into the future at all and decided to let the kids be the same age. There really was still so much to explore with the Parr children when they were still so young. Also, it's really nice to see little Jack-Jack begin to use his powers. He truly is one of the best infants Disney has ever had in their world of animated films.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 08:46 AM   #93
ABrown
Banned

Quote:
Angry Feminist at the NY Post rants at us perverts to stop objectifying Elastagirl

Yeah, I'm not gonna lie. I took much more notice of her this time around than I did in the first one. I've read that a lot of people are taking notice of her now because they were 5-8 year old kids when the first one came out, are now they're 18-21 year olds. I was in my mid 20's when the first one came out, and I'm now in my late 30's. It's interesting cause I would absolutely say that when the first movie came out, I preferred girls to be a little more skin and bones. But at this point in my life, I like a girl to have a little more "healthy" look.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 08:44 AM   #94
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

This was a lot of fun, but if they do make another sequel, I hope they take their time with it. This is the first new Pixar flick I've bothered watching since Toy Story 3.

That short film Bao generated some interesting responses from the audience I was with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 12:50 PM   #95
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post

This was a lot of fun, but if they do make another sequel, I hope they take their time with it. This is the first new Pixar flick I've bothered watching since Toy Story 3.
What, 14 years wasn't enough time for you?
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 05:31 PM   #96
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
What, 14 years wasn't enough time for you?
I was talking not in terms of time exactly, but rather attention to character and story.

Considering some of the other Pixar sequels, I think we were exceedingly fortunate to get a film like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 10:22 AM   #97
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

I'm so sick of everyone and their mother (and Pixar themselves) throwing around "14 years". They did not spend 14 years working on this film, it just happened to be released 14 years after the original film.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 11:21 AM   #98
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
I'm so sick of everyone and their mother (and Pixar themselves) throwing around "14 years". They did not spend 14 years working on this film, it just happened to be released 14 years after the original film.
Nobody with a quarter of brain thinks the crew spent 14 years working on the filmb

Quote:

And here is something as dumb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1s7P1eYfvyw&t=

This dude thinks Incredible 2 is feminist propaganda

Last edited by PApagreg; 07-07-2018 at 11:28 AM.
PApagreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 11:25 AM   #99
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

I think by "working" they mean that this movie was in development for 14 years. Which, let's be honest...is likely true, on a technicality.
In that when the first one was in theaters they started thinking about making a sequel while.

Or are we not counting pre-production?
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 05:52 AM   #100
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
Depends what do you count as development.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote