The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 07-21-2017, 12:54 PM   #1
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

New Ghostbusters movie is coming, 2019

https://www.themarysue.com/ghostbust...rrive-in-2019/

"there is a demand for Holtzmann, Yates, Tolan, and Gilbert."

The all-female Ghostbusters ride again?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 12:57 PM   #2
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Oh brother please don't be the fiegbusters again. Go with a new group of ghostbusters. Also keep Paul Feig away from this movie
Old 07-21-2017, 12:58 PM   #3
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Oh brother please don't be the fiegbusters again. Go with a new group of ghostbusters.
That sounds sexist.
Old 07-21-2017, 01:02 PM   #4
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
That sounds sexist.
ya I am a sexist misogynistic manpig cause I hate fiegbusters.
Old 07-21-2017, 01:09 PM   #5
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

This is a bit misleading. Person was saying it COULD happen and "fans" COULD expect it in 2019.
Old 07-21-2017, 01:11 PM   #6
tmntfannumerouno
Stone Warrior

The first movie was unwatchable. What makes them think this is going to be any better?

#****thefiegbusters #notliterally #notthathardup #maybeifiwasblinddeafandstupid
tmntfannumerouno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 01:20 PM   #7
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntfannumerouno View Post
The first movie was unwatchable. What makes them think this is going to be any better?
Paul Feig has probably learned from all of his mistakes. Like, look at how much better the "Director's Cut" was with the 4 new dance numbers vs. the theatrical version.
Old 07-21-2017, 01:21 PM   #8
snake
Disgusting

Obviously, I can't wait for this movie.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 01:23 PM   #9
tmntfannumerouno
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Paul Feig has probably learned from all of his mistakes. Like, look at how much better the "Director's Cut" was with the 4 new dance numbers vs. the theatrical version.
I'm guessing that's a joke? I hope that's a joke. WTF!

edit: **** me that's an actual thing
This must be one of the signs of the apocalypse. This truly is the end of days.
tmntfannumerouno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 01:26 PM   #10
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntfannumerouno View Post
I'm guessing that's a joke? I hope that's a joke. WTF!
Not a joke.
Old 07-21-2017, 01:27 PM   #11
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Make the movie with 2 girls and 2 guys busters and keep Paul Fieg away
Old 07-21-2017, 01:34 PM   #12
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Andrew, was "Answer the Call" actually better on DVD? I did want to see it in theaters out of curiosity but never had the opportunity.

I still wish we had a passing of the torch movie, but if there is a sequel, I hope it doesn't attract the same controversy and can be a solid flick for most.

Until then, I have the IDW comics and 360 game to satisfy my Ghostbuster needs for now. Which reminds me, if there is a sequel by then, I expect a better game tie-in. The 2016 game sucked badly.
Old 07-21-2017, 01:34 PM   #13
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMutant View Post
Andrew, was "Answer the Call" actually better on DVD?
It was significantly worse.
Old 07-21-2017, 01:37 PM   #14
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Quote:
It was significantly worse.
Goody, now I retract my first statement.

I do wonder how the reactions are going to go, and so far, I'm getting a chuckle out of them. Please let this sequel be decent.
Old 07-21-2017, 01:46 PM   #15
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMutant View Post
I do wonder how the reactions are going to go, and so far, I'm getting a chuckle out of them. Please let this sequel be decent.
It's really not clear at all that this IS a sequel, or even has anything to do with the female Ghostbusters. The line in the article about "Response to Ghostbusters: Answer the Call was mixed, but there’s no doubt, with the inclusion of the all-female team in video games and comics, that there is a demand for Holtzmann, Yates, Tolan, and Gilbert" was entirely speculative of the article writer. And not really accurate, in any case. They appear in the video games because the video games were already in development before the movie even came out, not because the movie was a hit and there was all this fan demand. It would have cost them more money NOT to release the games. They appear in the IDW comics because IDW wanted to use them (probably an attempt to cash in on controversy... smart), not because anyone was beating down their door for them to do so.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 07-21-2017 at 02:03 PM.
Old 07-21-2017, 02:14 PM   #16
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

That article Andrew posted was dishonest and click-baity, but--

If they had a competently written script with a memorable villain and main characters that could actually be differentiated from one other, I'd give the new team another chance. The 101 comic shows that the characters can be funny and effective.

I like the OG 'Busters best obviously, but with Ramis dead and the others as old as dirt, it's not going to realistically happen. They'd be smart to look at what IDW's done with multiple teams worth of characters occupying the same universe/multiverse. Lots of possibilities for a sprawling, branching film franchise.

I'd also love to see a new animated series on the same level as Real/Extreme Ghostbusters with the new cast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 02:18 PM   #17
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
That article Andrew posted was dishonest and click-baity, but--

If they had a competently written script with a memorable villain and main characters that could actually be differentiated from one other, I'd give the new team another chance. The 101 comic shows that the characters can be funny and effective.

I like the OG 'Busters best obviously, but with Ramis dead and the others as old as dirt, it's not going to realistically happen. They'd be smart to look at what IDW's done with multiple teams worth of characters occupying the same universe/multiverse. Lots of possibilities for a sprawling, branching film franchise.

I'd also love to see a new animated series on the same level as Real/Extreme Ghostbusters with the new cast.
what do you expect Themarysue is a feminist website
Old 07-21-2017, 02:19 PM   #18
Vegita-San
Emperor

this movie was the beginning of the end of free sensible speech online...and the start of everyone going bat crap crazy....

all you have to do is mention 'ghostbusters' now and the hate and vile and insults start flying one's way, and the man tears memes start popping up.

these are the kind of people this movie brought into the franchise, and sony still forces IDW to do a mini series on it?

if they wanted to do it on their own they would not have waited a year to do so...

sigh..

thanks man hating sites like themarysue and guardian and a few dozen others. you're not helping the situation at all .
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 02:20 PM   #19
CyberCubed
Overlord

I still don't get why Ghostbusters as a movie franchise is a thing. I understand the comics and all, but the live-action movies have no reason to exist without the original cast and they're all just too old now.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 02:23 PM   #20
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I still don't get why Ghostbusters as a movie franchise is a thing. I understand the comics and all, but the live-action movies have no reason to exist without the original cast and they're all just too old now.
The new one might be what everyone wanted to see with the reboot to begin with... a new cast, some mix of male and female members, with Ray and Winston around to help them out and equip them. If Venkman can be there, all the better.

Tags
cuckbusters, mothercuckbucket, sjws answer the call, snake_the_cuck