The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 02-17-2015, 08:46 PM   #61
AdamWarlock87
Hench Mutant

Lol that's cool for him but I wonder when he got them or how? I wonder if he just bought them from his table because he had sketches there and I don't believe he was doing any sketches just signatures.
AdamWarlock87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 01:01 AM   #62
FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza
Mad Scientist

They didn't even allow photography so I dont think anyone got sketches... They had prints available of various pieces of art and movie posters. Paying for those would get a personalized signature. You got 1 free autograph and $10 per item after.
I have heard he can be very chatty but they kept the line like a conveyer belt to make sure everyone got through the line in a timely manner. It was still very very awesome to meet him, finally.

I did get a picture with George Perez though!
And autographs from Greg Capullo, Perez, Joe Benetiz, Chad Hardin, Peter Steigerwald and a couple others.

Also, my friend Mike hooked me up with his TMNT covers.
And I got the sketch cover for $10... much better than what it sells for on eBay.

Inventory
FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 03:32 PM   #63
Sofistocat
Stone Warrior

I'd say those sketches were purchased. Maybe not the shredder, but the other 4. The #1 RID is dated 2014, which sort of raises a flag. The #21 RIB's were definitely signed after the fact. They were most likely done unsigned, then signed at the time of purchase. You get what you pay for and of you're gonna drop some cash with most artist's, they tend to take care of you.

The "no photography" sounds like a promoter rule, lame but it's their show. In all honesty, Kevin is a peach and would sign/sketch all day and night. The negative aspects of the show mentioned are probably out of his control. This is only my hypothesis, but if a promoter possibly pays for your airfare, table and room/board, I feel you, as an artist, are obligated to adhere/respect their wishes/protocols.

It's been mentioned on this thread as well as others that Kevin has "acted and presented himself" in different manners at different shows. That tells me he's meeting promoter obligations more so and much lesser suffering from a personality disorder.

It's a slippery slope to navigate, but his lines at shows where he's known to sketch (SDCC for example) are crazy. If you have a show (as a promoter), most intentions are to make $ first so you can cover costs. That is going to translate into moving the lines as fast as possible and capitalizing on that. Yes, the fees for signatures is a newer protocol by his team, but maybe after years of freebies he's gotten wise to the resellers market (which he's lost considerable $ on), among other aspects of the industry. After 30 years of keeping us happy, doesn't he deserve to change his game up?

I look at it like this: he's got a son and wife to support emotionally and financially. I'm not speaking to her profession, simply speaking from an old fashioned mentality of man takes care of his family. If you're going to be on tour for extended periods, you're going to need to earn income. Free sketches and signatures don't pay the bills. He's got just as much right to expect fans to pay for services rendered as the fans have the right to expect the freebies. Ultimately he's the artist and he calls the shots. I'll pay for sketches and sigs all day and night. Nice guys finish last. Sad but true... nobody is forcing fans to come out of pocket

My Technodrome Forums TMNT Collection

My ComicArtFan Galleries

Buy Mark Martin's Original Art HERE
Sofistocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 07:04 PM   #64
AdamWarlock87
Hench Mutant

You know the whole no photography thing really bothered me afterward because there's no proof that these are his actual signatures. No don't get me wrong I'm not saying for everyone to get a selfie with him but at least let us take a quick pick of him signing it for us. I say this because after getting my comics signed I went down to the CGC table an asked them if they could get me a COA for my comics and they said that that had to be present while he was doing it. WTF? The ink was still wet and the CGC table was the very last table in the opposite corner, when and how are we supposed to get out of line and track the one person that was verifying signatures. Anyways just needed to vent
Old 02-20-2015, 07:52 PM   #65
Sofistocat
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamWarlock87 View Post
You know the whole no photography thing really bothered me afterward because there's no proof that these are his actual signatures. No don't get me wrong I'm not saying for everyone to get a selfie with him but at least let us take a quick pick of him signing it for us. I say this because after getting my comics signed I went down to the CGC table an asked them if they could get me a COA for my comics and they said that that had to be present while he was doing it. WTF? The ink was still wet and the CGC table was the very last table in the opposite corner, when and how are we supposed to get out of line and track the one person that was verifying signatures. Anyways just needed to vent
Totally understandable. Im a little confused about you requesting a COA from CGC. Are you talking about an actual COA or having your books slabbed under the "Signature Series" labeling? Im gonna presume you wanted to sell the books you had Kevin sign based on your explanation. Cgc's SS slabs are based on a chain of custody occurring (having the witness present). It happens to many people who are new to slabbing. I'm not saying this is the case with you, but it's very common to hear that situation. Having a photo of an artist signing will not do you any good with CGC. It's gonna get you a green label unless a CGC rep is present at the time of signing or accompanies you to pick up signed or sketched books directly from the artist. I like to think one of the reasons SS slabs have such a higher resale value is attributed to the hoops you gotta jump through... It's all relative

My ComicArtFan Galleries

Old 02-21-2015, 12:57 PM   #66
Sofistocat
Stone Warrior

Really looking forward to this. East Coast Comic Con is less than 2 months away! Great show to start con season... They haven't changed the URL, still using last year's. Asbury Park's con was pretty good despite the venue being unusual. They've totally stepped up this year's game!

http://www.asburyparkcomicon.com/

NJ represent! This will be the closest show to me by far. And yeah the lineup is getting better by the day. A authorized CGC vendor(SS series witnessing will be available) and CBCS will be onsite to handle all your slabbing needs...

My ComicArtFan Galleries

Old 02-21-2015, 10:30 PM   #67
AdamWarlock87
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofistocat View Post
Totally understandable. Im a little confused about you requesting a COA from CGC. Are you talking about an actual COA or having your books slabbed under the "Signature Series" labeling? Im gonna presume you wanted to sell the books you had Kevin sign based on your explanation. Cgc's SS slabs are based on a chain of custody occurring (having the witness present). It happens to many people who are new to slabbing. I'm not saying this is the case with you, but it's very common to hear that situation. Having a photo of an artist signing will not do you any good with CGC. It's gonna get you a green label unless a CGC rep is present at the time of signing or accompanies you to pick up signed or sketched books directly from the artist. I like to think one of the reasons SS slabs have such a higher resale value is attributed to the hoops you gotta jump through... It's all relative
First off I don't plan or didn't plan on selling them, like I said I've tried to get a signature or sketch a couple of times to no avail. Just being a TMNT fan I've always wanted to get something from the creators you know? As for the CGC thing, a few yrs ago Stan Lee came to town during a con and did signings and afterwards they had a booth where you paid $5 for a certificate of authenticity. I got a statue signed by him and I bought a COA to display next to it. This is what I was looking to get some sort of COA so I can display it next to my comics. So this time I thought it would be the same way but it wasn't lesson learned, next time tell them ahead of time before even getting in line so they can be there.
Old 02-21-2015, 11:03 PM   #68
Sofistocat
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamWarlock87 View Post
First off I don't plan or didn't plan on selling them, like I said I've tried to get a signature or sketch a couple of times to no avail. Just being a TMNT fan I've always wanted to get something from the creators you know? As for the CGC thing, a few yrs ago Stan Lee came to town during a con and did signings and afterwards they had a booth where you paid $5 for a certificate of authenticity. I got a statue signed by him and I bought a COA to display next to it. This is what I was looking to get some sort of COA so I can display it next to my comics. So this time I thought it would be the same way but it wasn't lesson learned, next time tell them ahead of time before even getting in line so they can be there.
I didn't mean to imply you were going to sell them. It's what I gathered from your explanation. You're follow up makes it much more clearer. And I can relate 100%. The first person I told about the first comic I had signed by Kevin asked "how would anybody else know it's legit?" So, you make a good point...

Kevin usually has these strips of paper he uses for his COA's. They are signed by him and state the verification/authentication you're looking for. I think I have one or two laying around somewhere. If I come across them (buried in my storage unit for sure), I'll PM you. It'd be more appreciated in your hands...

My ComicArtFan Galleries

Old 02-22-2015, 12:04 PM   #69
AdamWarlock87
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofistocat View Post
I didn't mean to imply you were going to sell them. It's what I gathered from your explanation. You're follow up makes it much more clearer. And I can relate 100%. The first person I told about the first comic I had signed by Kevin asked "how would anybody else know it's legit?" So, you make a good point...

Kevin usually has these strips of paper he uses for his COA's. They are signed by him and state the verification/authentication you're looking for. I think I have one or two laying around somewhere. If I come across them (buried in my storage unit for sure), I'll PM you. It'd be more appreciated in your hands...
Cool thanks a lot! I didn't see any of those at his table.
Old 03-01-2015, 01:39 PM   #70
Redrumh2o
Mad Scientist

Lawson added to Boston Comic Con....a rare chance to get some stuff CGC SS
Redrumh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 01:53 PM   #71
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Ninja Pizza is at SacCon today, And will be recording a bunch of TMNT content
https://twitter.com/ninjapizza/statu...95704593776642
Old 03-01-2015, 03:50 PM   #72
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by MewMeow View Post
ComiCosby:
The Bill Cosby convention!
'Yall better wear your cosplay sweaters!
Please stop posting nonsense that has nothing to do with the threads or TMNT in general.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 11:16 PM   #73
Donnie
Something from the Past

Big Apple Con 2015

Hey everyone,

Pedro Lajud and I will have a table at Big Apple Con (NYCBM) on March 7, in New York City. The event starts at 10am, and ends at 6pm. We will be promoting our original comic book miniseries, Spirit Guild. We will also have original art and prints for sale, including TMNT. Pedro will be available for commissions.

You can check out Pedro's art at his official DeviantArt page.

If you're in the NYC area, come say hi! We'd love to chat with fellow Turtles fans.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 10:44 AM   #74
Cheesebrush
Foot Soldier

There's a big convention in the UK next weekend called London Super Comic Con
http://www.londonsupercomicconvention.com/

The only TMNT related guest I can see is Dave Wachter who did the artwork for the IDW villains Old Hob micro series story. Anyone know if he's done any other TMNT IDW books?
Cheesebrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 12:21 PM   #75
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Not as far as I can tell. I had tried to get a commission from him in advance but his slots were booked up, so I'll probably get my mate to try and get something at the show from him.
Old 03-18-2015, 10:58 AM   #76
ianke_2002
Foot Soldier

Can anyone tell me if there is going to be anyone related to TMNT going to this Toronto Comic Con this upcoming weekend? I have decided to go on the saturday in kind of a last minute decision with my GF but I have not really done any research on it. Here is the page. http://www.comicontoronto.com/
ianke_2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 03:48 PM   #77
Powder
So tired of this place

As far as I can tell, no.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 08:19 AM   #78
Shedder
Hench Mutant

As far as the Toronto Con goes I don't see anyone turtles related. But if you wait till the Niagara Falls CC Sean Astin (voice of current Raph) is there
but thats seems to be it for now
Shedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 06:06 PM   #79
~Donatello~
Random Punk

Tricon Huntington, WV

I will be attending Tricon on April 11 in Huntington, WV. Some IDW creative-types will be in attendance, including Tom Waltz, Cory Smith, and Paul Allor. I'm new to the IDW series and was wondering if you all could point me to appropriate issues for these gentlemen to sign.

-Issues they are involved in?
-Awesome content?
-Cool cover screaming for a signature?

Thanks
~Donatello~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 12:18 PM   #80
spookycookies
Stone Warrior

Anybody going to Motor City Comic Con next month that might be able to help me get a #45 Bisley cover?
spookycookies is offline   Reply With Quote