The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 04-22-2015, 07:33 AM   #81
dp1230
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookycookies View Post
Anybody going to Motor City Comic Con next month that might be able to help me get a #45 Bisley cover?
I'll be at the Motor City Comic Con. Not sure how hard they will be to get but if I can get an extra copy I'll let you know.

I have a buddy going to the Boston Comic Con and was wondering where a good source is to buy something for Jim Lawson to sign and get CGCed. I was hoping to get the first appearance of The Rat King in Tales of TMNT but only see two of them on ebay, not great condition. Anywhere else I should look? Any other good ideas for issues for Lawson to sign? Just got into the comics after years of being a huge fan of the show and movies.
dp1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 07:55 AM   #82
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by dp1230 View Post
I'll be at the Motor City Comic Con. Not sure how hard they will be to get but if I can get an extra copy I'll let you know.
If you do, and can, care to add two more copies of that #45 Motor City exclusive to that shopping list, please?
Old 04-22-2015, 12:27 PM   #83
spookycookies
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by dp1230 View Post
Hey I really appreciate it! PM me if you are able to get an extra copy.
spookycookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 12:05 PM   #84
PangolinFeets
Mad Scientist

FYI, NYCC put Friday tickets back up on the website. So you can get Thursday and Friday tickets for the con off the site right now.
PangolinFeets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 11:29 AM   #85
Klunk1234
Hench Mutant

There is going to be a Comic Con in Miami Beach Convention Center "The Florida Supercon 2015" on June 25-28. I'm planning to attend. It will be my first one.
Klunk1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 09:24 PM   #86
TMNTChris1980
Stone Warrior

Boston Comic Con

Anyone know of what other TMNT artists are going to be at Boston Comic Con this year besides....

-Jim Lawson
-Eric Talbot
-CP Wilson III
-David Petersen
-Ben Bishop

I thought it was weird that Mike Dooney wasn't listed, because I think he's been there every year I've gone.
TMNTChris1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 11:09 PM   #87
Donny's computer84
Thug

Went to the Florida Super Con last month, enjoyed every minute of it
Donny's computer84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 05:08 PM   #88
Btown
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTChris1980 View Post
Anyone know of what other TMNT artists are going to be at Boston Comic Con this year besides....

-Jim Lawson
-Eric Talbot
-CP Wilson III
-David Petersen
-Ben Bishop

I thought it was weird that Mike Dooney wasn't listed, because I think he's been there every year I've gone.
This is my last time at BCC as I leave for Korea the Monday after the show. I'm finally going to hit Eric's table to try and get a sketch from him to bring with me.
Old 08-03-2015, 06:08 PM   #89
Btown
Hench Mutant

well I finally got to meet Eric Talbot this weekend. I purchased a $200 piece from him of Raph and Leo that will be done in water color. He wasnt able to finish it so he took the time to come find me at the booth I was working at to come and let me know. Since he couldn't get it done he gave me 3 free prints signed and a small turtle head sketch to take with me to Korea. He also signed/sketched my Gray scale Raph pop as well.

Old 08-07-2015, 02:43 AM   #90
Mayhem
Foot Elite

NICE convention in the UK next month... here's the guest list. Is there anyone present aside from Simon Bisley who's got TMNT connections?

http://nicecon.co.uk/guests/
Old 08-07-2015, 08:01 AM   #91
Toitlefan
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Btown View Post
well I finally got to meet Eric Talbot this weekend. I purchased a $200 piece from him of Raph and Leo that will be done in water color. He wasnt able to finish it so he took the time to come find me at the booth I was working at to come and let me know. Since he couldn't get it done he gave me 3 free prints signed and a small turtle head sketch to take with me to Korea. He also signed/sketched my Gray scale Raph pop as well.
That was cool of him. Both Eric and Jim are nice guys who really seem to take care of their fans. Eric did seem very busy when I visited his table. He was working on a small Batman commission piece that was really cool but he still signed a couple of things for me. I was able to get the newest vol. 4 book signed by Eric and Jim in addition to Peter Laird and Steve Lavigne.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (98.4 KB, 14 views)
Toitlefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 10:32 PM   #92
Btown
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toitlefan View Post
That was cool of him. Both Eric and Jim are nice guys who really seem to take care of their fans. Eric did seem very busy when I visited his table. He was working on a small Batman commission piece that was really cool but he still signed a couple of things for me. I was able to get the newest vol. 4 book signed by Eric and Jim in addition to Peter Laird and Steve Lavigne.
was Laird there? If so I missed him. Would loved to have gotten my Vol 1 #4 signed. I'm hoping I can make it back to the states sometime and see more OGs at a show again sometime. But Eric totally made the show for me from a guest standpoint.

Last edited by Btown; 08-07-2015 at 11:26 PM.
Btown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 10:42 PM   #93
Powder
So tired of this place

No, he meant the book was already signed by those two, not that they were in attendance.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 09:55 AM   #94
Toitlefan
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Btown View Post
was Laird there? If so I missed him. Would loved to have gotten my Vol 1 #4 signed. I'm hoping I can make it back to the states sometime and see more OGs at a show again sometime. But Eric totally made the show for me from a guest standpoint.
No, Peter and Steve were not there. I saw them at the Free comic book day thing at Shellback this year.
Toitlefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 04:18 PM   #95
Btown
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toitlefan View Post
No, Peter and Steve were not there. I saw them at the Free comic book day thing at Shellback this year.
ah I really regret not going to that.
Old 08-13-2015, 04:01 AM   #96
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Really, REALLY long shot here... anyone going to the Art Bubble festival in Denmark in November? I have a request...!

http://art-bubble.dk/en/
Old 08-19-2015, 09:49 PM   #97
PangolinFeets
Mad Scientist

Hey guys, I was offered a new job recently and I find myself unable to attend NYCC this year. So I have a four-day badge to find a new owner for. None of my close friends needed one so I'm giving Dromers a chance before I throw it to the internet-strangers.
Old 08-20-2015, 03:22 AM   #98
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Congrats on the new job Steph! (erm, what is it you do, remind me heh)

Booooo on not being able to go to NYCC, I presume because you'll need to work there a certain time before accruing vacation days?
Old 08-20-2015, 05:56 AM   #99
PangolinFeets
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
Congrats on the new job Steph! (erm, what is it you do, remind me heh)

Booooo on not being able to go to NYCC, I presume because you'll need to work there a certain time before accruing vacation days?
I'm a Behavior Analyst, but I'm seeking my certification. So I'm basically doing a well-paid internship at a school district. I don't get vacation days, period. But I don't really need them with how many holidays there are. I forgot how frequently school is closed.
So its working out because a buddy of mine in the comic art biz is hooking me up with an exhibitor badge so Incan go all-access on Sat and Sun. But there's no reason for me to keep a 4-day.
Old 08-20-2015, 09:59 AM   #100
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Ah, gotcha. Congrats either way

A friend of mine on LI just got herself a new teaching position, but I didn't realise until later that it's in addition to the ones she currently has! So she's gonna be nuked heh, so much teaching. Farmingdale, Nassau and Suffolk...