The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 05-25-2014, 09:39 PM   #1
Creativecreature31
Thug

Should Oroku Nagi appear in this series?

Considering he's never appeared in any other media outside the comics and he's the Shedder's older brother for crying out loud...

Do you think that this could be a good chance to introduce him to the TV audience?

I know it's unlikely considering that this version of the Shedder seems to already have Nagi's personality but hypothetically, if he were to appear, how do you think his character would be handled?
Creativecreature31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 09:43 PM   #2
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

There's really no point in bringing him in, unless they came up with a new backstory for him.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 09:46 PM   #3
Coola Yagami
Emperor

...too little too late? Unless they want to have Splinter kill him?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 09:47 PM   #4
Creativecreature31
Thug

Probably true.

Though I did just come up with the strangest theory...

What if the "Master Thief" in upcoming episode is Nagi who wants to steal his brothers helmet for some unknown reason. XD
Creativecreature31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 09:48 PM   #5
Shark_Blade
Emperor

He's not relevant imo, never was. Oroku Saki is important and can stand as his own.
Old 05-25-2014, 10:06 PM   #6
MCLeo28
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creativecreature31 View Post
Probably true.

Though I did just come up with the strangest theory...

What if the "Master Thief" in upcoming episode is Nagi who wants to steal his brothers helmet for some unknown reason. XD
That would be interesting as that can reveal even more of Saki's backstory. Perhaps if Saki hates Nagi, then he'd go as far as to make him his "final" mutant unless he already planned that out from the very beginning.
MCLeo28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 11:27 PM   #7
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Nagi could be even worse then the Shredder, maybe he could step in at a later season to avenge his younger brother or succeed where his impulsive and short sighted younger brother has failed.
Old 05-25-2014, 11:44 PM   #8
CyberCubed
Overlord

I'd rather see Kazuo Saki make a return. Shredder's brother from the Tokyo Police.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 12:52 AM   #9
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Not so sure if I'm interested in a reimagined Nagi at this point. Maybe he could work, and if Shredder is to have a brother I'd probably prefer him being named Nagi over Kazuo. But if they where to introduce Saki's family members, I'd rather see his mom. They could have had Miyoki being the previous head of the Foot, retired, maybe she travels to NY to set her son straight after he depletes a lot of Foot resources to take out Splinter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
He's not relevant imo, never was. Oroku Saki is important and can stand as his own.
Batman's parents isn't relevant either.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 01:05 AM   #10
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
They are, and have been brought up in most, if not EVERY incarnation ever.

This Oroku Nagi was only in the first comic and never mentioned again. I never heard, read or see him in other places.
Old 05-26-2014, 10:14 AM   #11
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Man, I would actually care about Shredder if they'd gone the Nagi route. At least give a better reason for Saki's hatred towards Yoshi. I'd rather him avenge his brother than acting like an idiot because he lost the woman (who didn't love him) to the guy that she did actually love.

Of course change it up a bit given the target audience. Maybe still have Yoshi and Nagi get into the bad fight and maybe during an unfortunate accident (as opposed to Yoshi just straight up killing him), and Saki, so blind with rage over his heartbroken brother's death, as he would've known of his brother's love for the girl, go after Yoshi and Ten Sheng (sp?), have the fire thing happen killing Ten, take the daughter, raise her as Karai, still tell her that Yoshi tore apart their family, killing her real father (his brother), etc... I dunno. I just find this a better motivator to have a grudge against Yoshi than the 'I couldn't get the girl' thing.

Even in the OT, I felt that his motivations were...possibly better in comparison. He set up Yoshi and got him kicked out of the Foot. What if he found a way to return and retake his place and prove his innocence? I'm probably just thinking too much into it, but it's better than the petty love triangle scenario.

Of course now it's too late for this series to use that kind of set up, but it still would've been nice to have a different scenario regarding this love story. As for the current stuff going on, I wouldn't want to see any other members of Saki's family. I'm fine with it being only him.

Last edited by ssjup81; 05-26-2014 at 10:19 AM.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 10:17 AM   #12
MCLeo28
Hench Mutant

^ It's not just that though. Splinter fueled the fire by throwing insults at him and that just made things worse and caused Shredder to even kill Splinter in the first place.
MCLeo28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 10:24 AM   #13
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCLeo28 View Post
^ It's not just that though. Splinter fueled the fire by throwing insults at him and that just made things worse and caused Shredder to even kill Splinter in the first place.
Yeah, true, but I still find that petty. I just prefer the vengeance thing, I suppose and just feel it would make him more interesting for me. Maybe have him slightly more tragic? Yoshi being responsible for the death of his older respected brother and Ten responsible for his brother's heartache and turmoil or something. The motivations would feel slightly less....selfish maybe? IMO, Shredder, for this incarnation anyway, is just...not interesting.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 11:13 AM   #14
rickwj324
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Their death is the defining moment in Bruce's life. There would be no Batman if not for their deaths.... kind of relevant.
rickwj324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 11:14 AM   #15
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Yeah... Nick Saki is just a "nice guy".
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 01:11 AM   #16
pennydreadful
trash

Could be interesting to see either of Oroko's brothers, but it would definitely need to be handled well.
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 01:21 AM   #17
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

There are no bad characters just bad characterizations. If they do it right I wouldn't be opposed to seeing Oroku Nagi.

Then again... I'd never say the same about Venus.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 02:14 AM   #18
pennydreadful
trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
There are no bad characters just bad characterizations. If they do it right I wouldn't be opposed to seeing Oroku Nagi.

Then again... I'd never say the same about Venus.
In the history of bad first impressions, Venus wins the gold medal.
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 02:21 AM   #19
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
This Oroku Nagi was only in the first comic and never mentioned again. I never heard, read or see him in other places.
He actually is mentioned in the comic book adaptation of the first movie, and his ghost appears in a Tales issue.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 07:30 AM   #20
miru
Mad Scientist

Well, Nagi is in fact a relic of the TMNT's roots as a one-off parody.

Tags
nick, oroku nagi