The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Fan Creations > Fan Works Discussion

Notices

Old 08-24-2013, 05:09 PM   #641
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Read and reviewed, DN. I loved it, especially the nod to Space Heroes. Nicely done.

And thanks for reviewing my story. Yes, Gia is horrible, and she hasn't finished being horrible just yet anyway.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 06:07 PM   #642
DonatelloNinja82
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Read and reviewed, DN. I loved it, especially the nod to Space Heroes. Nicely done.

And thanks for reviewing my story. Yes, Gia is horrible, and she hasn't finished being horrible just yet anyway.
I think we should feed Gia to Scrag XD. And then blow them both up.

Thanks for the review

DonatelloNinja82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 08:43 PM   #643
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
SS, I read and reviewed your latest update on What Makes a Father, and may I say, you nailed it as usual! (And if you happen to see a double-post review with one being from a guest, that was me- for some reason the site logged me out.)

I'll get to everyone else as soon as I can, but unfortunately I only had time for ONE story today, and that was the one I was most excited about. So hopefully I'll catch up on everyone else after tomorrow!

On the home front, we're almost moved in down below, just the big heavy furniture and one closet left to go. I've already started putting some stuff away in the new place- and we're keeping everything in the same position as before, for simplicity's sake so hubby can still get around easily and not hurt himself with the walker at night- most importantly, the bookshelves, of course. Gotta have those set up right away, LOL! I always have to have all my "research" materials close at hand, which basically means I get bored a lot and like having things handy in case I want to read something while I'm wracking my brain for inspiration. It's also great having all my comics right near the keyboard for when I work on my TMNT and Red-Back tales. Speaking of- I REALLY need to update that one again. Hunter's getting bored, and that's NEVER a good thing..... (He tends to take things apart. Damn techies.....)

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:10 PM   #644
DonatelloNinja82
Mad Scientist

I'm glad to hear that you guys are almost settled...and love how you call them "research" materials

Old 08-24-2013, 10:59 PM   #645
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Well, they sort of ARE, actually. I'm always going back to hunt for plot-threads I can use in my tales to tie them into the "canon" stories. Red-Back, for instance, was inspired partly by two things- the old Spider-Man TAS cartoon from the 90's (the Man-Spider story arc), and Amazing spider-Man issues #500 to #502(the "Happy Birthday" story arc with Dr. Strange, as well as the stand-alone "You Want Pants With That?" immediately afterward).

I've woven that alternate future time-line heavily into the events of my own tale, as well as Dr. Strange being intimately involved in Hunter's life in ways that will eventually be revealed. I also used a mix of the Civil War arc and a few other issues from JMS's run on Amazing (along with a few bunnies inspired by Peter David's Friendly Neighborhood S-M run) for some of the background. Lamont is entirely from the JMS run, for instance. So, yeah- I DO sometimes use them to research old plots to weave into what I'm doing. Hunter is, essentially, my "What If" answer to the question of what Peter would do after seeing that possible future.

I also keep several language translation dictionaries, city tour guide books, and other more traditional reference books close by, as well, for those times when I need to look up something relevant to the story- like locations of New York's trendy eateries, bars, maps with police stations and landmarks shown, photos of how certain famous landmarks look (that battle scene in the Hayden Planetarium was one) and cultural reference books. It's just too bad I don't have enough shelf space for ALL my books- my vampire novels alone number nearly 100! (Yes, I really do have that many. I'm a vampire fanatic- except for Twilight. I refuse to read those on grounds that vampires should NEVER sparkle....)

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 07:19 AM   #646
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonatelloNinja82 View Post
I think we should feed Gia to Scrag XD. And then blow them both up.

Thanks for the review
Yes, I agree with that. Both of them are pretty horrible.

Glad to hear everything's going well, Duckie.

Old 08-25-2013, 08:25 AM   #647
DonatelloNinja82
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Well, they sort of ARE, actually. I'm always going back to hunt for plot-threads I can use in my tales to tie them into the "canon" stories. Red-Back, for instance, was inspired partly by two things- the old Spider-Man TAS cartoon from the 90's (the Man-Spider story arc), and Amazing spider-Man issues #500 to #502(the "Happy Birthday" story arc with Dr. Strange, as well as the stand-alone "You Want Pants With That?" immediately afterward).

I've woven that alternate future time-line heavily into the events of my own tale, as well as Dr. Strange being intimately involved in Hunter's life in ways that will eventually be revealed. I also used a mix of the Civil War arc and a few other issues from JMS's run on Amazing (along with a few bunnies inspired by Peter David's Friendly Neighborhood S-M run) for some of the background. Lamont is entirely from the JMS run, for instance. So, yeah- I DO sometimes use them to research old plots to weave into what I'm doing. Hunter is, essentially, my "What If" answer to the question of what Peter would do after seeing that possible future.

I also keep several language translation dictionaries, city tour guide books, and other more traditional reference books close by, as well, for those times when I need to look up something relevant to the story- like locations of New York's trendy eateries, bars, maps with police stations and landmarks shown, photos of how certain famous landmarks look (that battle scene in the Hayden Planetarium was one) and cultural reference books. It's just too bad I don't have enough shelf space for ALL my books- my vampire novels alone number nearly 100! (Yes, I really do have that many. I'm a vampire fanatic- except for Twilight. I refuse to read those on grounds that vampires should NEVER sparkle....)
That's awesome...and totally there with you on the vampires sparkle thing...gimme Ann Rice any day!

Old 08-25-2013, 03:57 PM   #648
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Heh, I have to disagree with you guys on the sparkly thing, though I do believe that Twilight has a lot of flaws in it and that Bella never should have become a vampire as she got worse when she did. Ugh.

Old 08-25-2013, 05:53 PM   #649
DonatelloNinja82
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Heh, I have to disagree with you guys on the sparkly thing, though I do believe that Twilight has a lot of flaws in it and that Bella never should have become a vampire as she got worse when she did. Ugh.
She was just never a strong heroine in my opinion anyways.

Old 08-26-2013, 07:21 AM   #650
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I liked her as a human because I could relate to her better, though I wish that when she turned into a vamp that she at least would have lost control once just because it would have been more realistic in terms of the story and how it happens that way for vampires. But whatever. I did like Bree Tanner though and have even written (and still in the process of writing) a fan fic about what would have happened had she survived.

Old 08-26-2013, 05:05 PM   #651
DonatelloNinja82
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I liked her as a human because I could relate to her better, though I wish that when she turned into a vamp that she at least would have lost control once just because it would have been more realistic in terms of the story and how it happens that way for vampires. But whatever. I did like Bree Tanner though and have even written (and still in the process of writing) a fan fic about what would have happened had she survived.
Oh cool! I would like to read that fan fic sometime!! I agree with that about Bella...even Edward had to fight to keep control and Bella never had to at all.

Old 08-27-2013, 07:42 AM   #652
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

It's called Stormy Skies, and you can find it on my profile. I'll get back to it eventually when I get inspiration.

Old 08-27-2013, 01:30 PM   #653
Sleepingseeker
Foot Soldier

EEE! Chapter 18 is UP! Thank you guys for all the support and wonderful reviews, this is an exciting chapter, so buckle up!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9463892/18/

Just as a reminder! I'm on deviantart and Tumblr! I just posted this pretty cool SAINW picture for a contest. So, if you get a chance check it out. I'll post it here when I get the chance.

You guys make my day! HUGS

http://www.fanfiction.net/~sleepingseeker

http://sleepingseeker.deviantart.com/

http://sleepingseeker.tumblr.com/
Sleepingseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 03:25 PM   #654
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I'll get to your story soon, Seeker.

Here's an update for TOAPDB:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9565601/12/

Just read and reviewed your story, Seeker. Good job. You go, Donnie. Show that rat who's boss!

Last edited by BubblyShell22; 08-27-2013 at 03:49 PM.
Old 08-27-2013, 05:19 PM   #655
DonatelloNinja82
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepingseeker View Post
EEE! Chapter 18 is UP! Thank you guys for all the support and wonderful reviews, this is an exciting chapter, so buckle up!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9463892/18/

Just as a reminder! I'm on deviantart and Tumblr! I just posted this pretty cool SAINW picture for a contest. So, if you get a chance check it out. I'll post it here when I get the chance.

You guys make my day! HUGS
Wow great chapter! So proud of Donnie!!

Quote:
I'll get to your story soon, Seeker.

Here's an update for TOAPDB:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9565601/12/

Just read and reviewed your story, Seeker. Good job. You go, Donnie. Show that rat who's boss!
Excellent installment, Bubbly! I cannot say how much I enjoy Tony. Such a great character.

Old 08-28-2013, 03:59 AM   #656
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Loved your updates Sleeper and Bubbly.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:00 AM   #657
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Thanks, DN and Zar. I love writing Tony, too.

Old 08-29-2013, 12:02 PM   #658
Bossa Nova
Stone Warrior

Six years in the making and I have at last kick-started the update for my long-hiatus fic, Reasonable Doubt! As of last night I have posted chapter 2 and I'm working to stick to a MUCH quicker schedule from now on.

Ch.2 http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3753877/2/Reasonable-Doubt
And a quick summary of Reasonable Doubt: Secrets. Lies. A past mistake. When the Nightwatcher returns, one brother is trapped in the battle to overcome his own personal demons. Wrought by confusion and hurt, his brothers struggle to save him from his delusion...if he wants to be saved at all.

I also updated Ch.4 of Machinehead for those interested: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9019505/4/Machinehead
Old 08-29-2013, 01:24 PM   #659
Sleepingseeker
Foot Soldier

New Chapter up! eee!
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9463892/19/
*Runs and hides!*

Thanks for your kind words, Zarius, Duckie and DN82! Everyone really is too, too kind. HUGS to all of you.

And OMG! BossaNova - your story is amazing as I posted in my review. Really, guys, read it. It's wonderful and so suspenseful and well-written! Anyway, much love to my fellow writers. xo

http://www.fanfiction.net/~sleepingseeker

http://sleepingseeker.deviantart.com/

http://sleepingseeker.tumblr.com/
Sleepingseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 02:19 PM   #660
inbaly
Thug

i put new part in my story
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=44162
inbaly is offline   Reply With Quote