The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Old 07-17-2016, 06:38 PM   #41
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
The game is not terrible, just mediocre. Its reputation got WAY worse thanks to that AVGN review that came out a decade ago. Before that, people just said it was an average game with a very high difficulty level and some issues. Then people started to trash it calling it "one of the worst games ever". But lately, people have become more rational about it again.
Nah pretty much everyone I knew said it was a rubbish game but we all played it because it was Turtles. He may have popularized the hate, but don't give that wank a credit he doesn't deserve.
Old 07-17-2016, 06:41 PM   #42
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
ISo since HH has human baxter does that mean it takes place after TMNT II but before turltes in time?
TMNT II has fly Baxter though.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 06:48 PM   #43
cryan
Stone Warrior

I really liked the Arcade NES version. That one was fun. After that eh, it went down hill from the in terms of the NES. The SNES I know Nintendo was very focused on. I still have most the TMNT games fro both the NES and SNES.
cryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 07:40 PM   #44
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
TMNT II has fly Baxter though.
So HH had to happen during TMNT II..is that even possible?

Or he demutated.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 12:46 AM   #45
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Nah pretty much everyone I knew said it was a rubbish game but we all played it because it was Turtles. He may have popularized the hate, but don't give that wank a credit he doesn't deserve.
Well, to be fair, we played it when we were kids. And when we're kids, we're not aware of how good or bad a game is. I used to think I sucked badly at video games when I was a kid, but then I grew up and found out that games such as Top Gun and Bart vs. the Space Mutants were just bad.

But I remember people on the internet before his review not being so negative about the game. No one considered it a masterpiece or anything, but didn't see many panning the game except for its insane difficulty.

I think AVGN review has influenced a lot of people, especially kids and teenagers who haven't played certain games and take his reviews as gospel. And AVGN is no wank, man. He seems like a pretty cool dude and I find him quite entertaining. Hard to believe he's been doing this for a decade now.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 03:51 PM   #46
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
So HH had to happen during TMNT II..is that even possible?

Or he demutated.
As much as I enjoyed Hyperstone Heist (among the first set of games I owned for Genesis), little things like fighting Rocksteady but not Bebop and the presence of human Baxter but not Fly Baxter gave me the impression Konami didn't spend a ton of time worrying about polishing the experience.

But it sure looked good. The intro and ending cutscenes in HH are much more impressive to me than anything in Turtles in Time. Lots of flash but not near as much substance.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 11:29 PM   #47
CyberCubed
Overlord

To be honest why didn't the SNES get a second side-scrolling beat 'em up game? Besides Tournament Fighters I always wondered why the SNES didn't get a sequel to Turtles in Time due to its popularity.

Sure TMNT as a franchise was waning by 1993 but I think Konami could have made a sequel by 1994 at the latest on SNES.

Its interesting to note TMNT completely skipped the N64 and Playstation 1 generation since the franchise was dead at the time, and then came back in 2003 with the first 2k3 game on Gamecube/PS2/Xbox.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 01:29 AM   #48
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
To be honest why didn't the SNES get a second side-scrolling beat 'em up game? Besides Tournament Fighters I always wondered why the SNES didn't get a sequel to Turtles in Time due to its popularity.

Sure TMNT as a franchise was waning by 1993 but I think Konami could have made a sequel by 1994 at the latest on SNES.

Its interesting to note TMNT completely skipped the N64 and Playstation 1 generation since the franchise was dead at the time, and then came back in 2003 with the first 2k3 game on Gamecube/PS2/Xbox.
Sequel? It'd just have been another beat 'em up TMNT game. Basically Turtles in Time v2.0

I think if the TMNT were still popular in the late 90s, we could have gotten a platforming TMNT game for the N64 or the PS1. TMNT 64... imagine such a game.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 01:21 PM   #49
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Sequel? It'd just have been another beat 'em up TMNT game. Basically Turtles in Time v2.0

I think if the TMNT were still popular in the late 90s, we could have gotten a platforming TMNT game for the N64 or the PS1. TMNT 64... imagine such a game.
It would probably suck since 3D was just starting out and very bad back then. Imagine the 2003 games with way worse graphics and gameplay.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 02:08 PM   #50
CyberCubed
Overlord

The N64 era was 1996-2001...and as you guys know there was no TMNT cartoon on the air at the time. The OT ended in '96 right when the N64 came out.

Unless you guys wanted a Next Mutation game. *shudders*
Old 07-22-2016, 03:47 PM   #51
Coola Yagami
Overlord

We know. The guy I quoted was saying IF tmnt was still popular at the time.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 07-22-2016, 04:13 PM   #52
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Unless you guys wanted a Next Mutation game. *shudders*
Yes.

Fight me.
Old 07-22-2016, 04:20 PM   #53
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Yes.

Fight me.
And you want it in N64 graphics? Look up Superman 64 and Batman Beyond for the N64....you don't want a turtle game like that.
Old 07-22-2016, 04:54 PM   #54
Powder
So tired of this place

A Next Mutation game on PSX would've been great.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 08:40 PM   #55
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
And you want it in N64 graphics? Look up Superman 64 and Batman Beyond for the N64....you don't want a turtle game like that.
Look up Conker's Bad Fur Day and Perfect Dark for the N64....you want a turtle game like that.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 09:17 PM   #56
CyberCubed
Overlord

A third party licensed game on N64 wouldn't have those graphics. Obviously Nintendo or Rare made games had great graphics for the time, they pushed the limits of the N64. Aside from them and what Factor 5 did with Star Wars Rogue Squadron, most N64 games looked bad even when they came out.
Old 07-22-2016, 11:14 PM   #57
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
A third party licensed game on N64 wouldn't have those graphics. Obviously Nintendo or Rare made games had great graphics for the time, they pushed the limits of the N64. Aside from them and what Factor 5 did with Star Wars Rogue Squadron, most N64 games looked bad even when they came out.
I'd have to agree. Third party games, Superman 64, had horrible graphics, almost as if they weren't trying and figured since it was all rendered ploygons instead of traditional 16 bit sprites, it would be enough to sell the game.

Old 07-24-2016, 02:38 PM   #58
CyberCubed
Overlord

Sometimes I think people have honestly forgotten what bad third party games on N64 looked like. They bleed your eyes.
Old 07-24-2016, 02:41 PM   #59
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
You don't know what I want.
Old 07-28-2016, 02:39 PM   #60
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:

In 1998 plans were underway for a Ninja Turtles game according to GamesMaster Magazine so a shame it wasn't released. I'm guessing it wasn't released due to lack of popularity. I think it was supposed to be a fighter but there was little news from what I read. The news article I remember was called "Return of the Muck". You can tell the writer didn't care much for Turtles. Apart from the game's existence the only info I remember was that Playmates was handling its marketing.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ot game