The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 02-16-2017, 12:56 PM   #1
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Classic Episode Talkback Thread:'Convicts from Dimension X'

I watched this episode again yesterday and one thing was bothering me. It was a plot hole in which Swarg and Dementor found the Turtles' Lair minutes after the TMNT returned from their encounter with the inter-dimensional convicts. They were looking for the source of dimensional rift yet the Portable Portal was shut off and they had no such device tracking its source. How did the two find the Lair? Shredder and Krang tried for years and only found it be random accident in Catwoman From Channel Six. Did I miss something or does anyone else have any ideas?
Old 02-16-2017, 01:43 PM   #2
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Ha, it is funny to think about how incompetent Shredder & Krang were at accomplishing what should have been their primary goal of flushing out the Turtles. "The Cat Woman from Channel Six," while I love it, is probably one of the worst written episodes of the series (or else it suffered from extensive edits before final approval) because Shredder clearly has lots of cameras to monitor April, but apparently he isn't able to follow her once she takes the tiger into the sewers? Seems like there should have been a deleted scene where Shredder loses the reception or something.

I actually do have a theory that the differences in sewer lair layout between seasons 1, 2, and following might be explained in-universe by the Turtles leaving the first lair temporarily due to the damage caused by the Mousers in "A Thing About Rats." The 2nd season lair is far less furnished and perhaps it was time to move back home due to April unwittingly compromising that alternate location as well. But that's just my theory.

And don't forget "Beware the Lotus Blossom" where Lotus leads Bebop, Rocksteady, and a crew of Foot Soldiers into the lair using nothing but a humble "Scent Analyzer" device. Why was nobody able to trace or remember the path to the lair and why didn't Krang just build another Scent Analyzer to repeat the process?

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 03:23 PM   #3
CyberCubed
Overlord

I always found these aliens weird. They're not from the toyline or anywhere else, and they just appeared in this one episode.

Feels like David Wise was experimenting with new villains which would eventually lead to Titanus in Season 8 and then Lord Dregg in Seasons 9-10.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 04:06 PM   #4
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I always found these aliens weird. They're not from the toyline or anywhere else, and they just appeared in this one episode.

Feels like David Wise was experimenting with new villains which would eventually lead to Titanus in Season 8 and then Lord Dregg in Seasons 9-10.
Tony Jay does debut in this episode, as Dementer interestingly enough.

It does seem odd that these two and the Dregma Brothers were from Dimension X yet Krang didn't even get a mention by anyone.

Is it mentioned how Swarg and Dementer were able to find the Lair so quickly or is it just a glaring plot hole meant to drive us crazy as adults. Its not exactly New York Shinist humongous error but a line of dialog is desperately needed to patch this up if I didn't miss it.
Old 02-17-2017, 09:55 AM   #5
Wesley
Mad Scientist

This episode was a mixed bag. I found the B plot with Vernon and Irma to be the best parts. I don't know how the convicts were able to find the Turtles' lair either. I thought April was an idiot in this episode, as it was a dumb move on her part to try to film the aliens when they were armed.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 10:17 AM   #6
cammy85
Stone Warrior

They probably found the lair the same way Lex did in "Leonardo, Renaissance Turtle". Dimension Xers have telekinetic powers so maybe they were able to zero in on the source of the portal that brought them to Earth.

Another question: where was Splinter during all this?? Another wasted opportunity.
cammy85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
talkback