The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 12-28-2017, 03:11 PM   #121
rich
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mewzard View Post
Man, finally seeing a picture of my comic in its completed form is a great feeling. I can't wait to add it to my collection (it'll definitely be my most treasured part of the old comic collection).
Can't wait until you have it in your hands. Won't be long now.

rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 04:55 PM   #122
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Hello Rich, got my copy today. Absolutely outstanding!!! Thank you so much! And by the way your packaging skills are the best I’ve seen. It shows great care and dedication. Super pleased with the 9.8 CGCSS grade too.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 06:28 PM   #123
rich
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
Hello Rich, got my copy today. Absolutely outstanding!!! Thank you so much! And by the way your packaging skills are the best I’ve seen. It shows great care and dedication. Super pleased with the 9.8 CGCSS grade too.
Fantastic! So glad it arrived safely and you are pleased with it. What a fun project this was!

Old 01-04-2018, 09:10 PM   #124
Peter Palmer
Hench Mutant

This came in today and looks absolutely terrific. Fantastic execution all around, Rich. Well done!

Old 01-04-2018, 10:19 PM   #125
rich
Mad Scientist

Thank you...and they are beautiful books! Glad it arrived safely. What a great way to kick off your 2018!

Old 01-06-2018, 07:38 AM   #126
Btown
Hench Mutant

Thank you for doing this amazing Kickstarter Rich.

Old 01-06-2018, 07:39 AM   #127
rich
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Btown View Post
Thank you for doing this amazing Kickstart Rich.

https://i.imgur.com/PJFgIvql.jpg
You're welcome! Thanks for supporting it.

Old 01-06-2018, 09:23 AM   #128
rich
Mad Scientist

FYI - found out yesterday that someone in our TMNT comic book community registered two Kickstarter accounts in order to acquire 2 copies of the TMNT #73 hand-colored (which I had limited to one per person since there were only 50). It's too late now to stop this since I've mailed them out but keep a lookout for one (or both) being resold. Could be they just wanted to keep both books but doesn't matter really...they weren't supposed to have two copies of the hand-colored. The books are #18 of 50 and #29 of 50 and both are CGC graded with custom Lawson sketches on back. Links to images of both books below.

Unfortunately, with so many backers and books I didn't even notice the names were the same (mailing addresses different) and I (stupidly) hadn't thought about the possibility of someone registering two KS accounts. I only found out because this person contacted me twice (on separate days) asking for a tracking number for their book. This time I noticed the same names for the separate backer numbers. Anyway, just wanted to let you all know and to also apologize for this oversight on my part. I was very strict with my policy of one hand-colored copy per person and I don't want anyone to think this was a purposeful act. I'm pretty upset about not catching this before I mailed them out.

Old 01-06-2018, 09:49 AM   #129
Toitlefan
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich View Post
FYI - found out yesterday that someone in our TMNT comic book community registered two Kickstarter accounts in order to acquire 2 copies of the TMNT #73 hand-colored (which I had limited to one per person since there were only 50). It's too late now to stop this since I've mailed them out but keep a lookout for one (or both) being resold. Could be they just wanted to keep both books but doesn't matter really...they weren't supposed to have two copies of the hand-colored. The books are #18 of 50 and #29 of 50 and both are CGC graded with custom Lawson sketches on back. Links to images of both books below.

Unfortunately, with so many backers and books I didn't even notice the names were the same (mailing addresses different) and I (stupidly) hadn't thought about the possibility of someone registering two KS accounts. I only found out because this person contacted me twice (on separate days) asking for a tracking number for their book. This time I noticed the same names for the separate backer numbers. Anyway, just wanted to let you all know and to also apologize for this oversight on my part. I was very strict with my policy of one hand-colored copy per person and I don't want anyone to think this was a purposeful act. I'm pretty upset about not catching this before I mailed them out.
We can’t possibly blame you for someone else’s sneaky actions. The fact that you came out and told us about this when you didn’t have to speaks volumes. You did an incredible job with this project and for someone to take advantage of that is in poor form on their part. If the person who got 2 copies is a scalper I hope they lose money on the sale.
Toitlefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 10:19 AM   #130
Mewzard
Hench Mutant

Well, my copy was supposed to arrive yesterday, but it's been delayed and I don't know when it will arrive (it's in the city, has been since Thursday, I don't know what happened).

The wait is brutal.
Mewzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 12:10 PM   #131
rich
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Well, my copy was supposed to arrive yesterday, but it's been delayed and I don't know when it will arrive (it's in the city, has been since Thursday, I don't know what happened).

The wait is brutal.
Yeah, I don't understand what the delay is for your book unless it was mis-routed or something. I have a couple books bound for the east coast that show as delayed which, due to the weather, is understandable. But yours should have been in hand by now. Really sorry about this. It will arrive soon! I feel it.

Old 01-06-2018, 03:39 PM   #132
Mewzard
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Yeah, I don't understand what the delay is for your book unless it was mis-routed or something. I have a couple books bound for the east coast that show as delayed which, due to the weather, is understandable. But yours should have been in hand by now. Really sorry about this. It will arrive soon! I feel it.
I have no idea why either. According to USPS' tracking, it hit the distribution center in my city on Thursday, and then it told me it was "In Transit"...then the delay. It's weird.

Much appreciated man. Here's hoping it arrives with Monday's mail.
Old 01-06-2018, 08:38 PM   #133
Peter Palmer
Hench Mutant

Quote:

Some people have no shame.

This doesn't reflect on you at all, Rich. You asked to have these limited to one per person and that should have been enough. If there's a system to game, there will be people out there trying to game it. Try not to let it bother you. Focus on the 48 people who followed the rules and are excited to have the books in-hand.

That said, I'll keep my eyes open to see if they turn up.
Old 01-07-2018, 10:07 AM   #134
rich
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I have no idea why either. According to USPS' tracking, it hit the distribution center in my city on Thursday, and then it told me it was "In Transit"...then the delay. It's weird.

Much appreciated man. Here's hoping it arrives with Monday's mail.
I'll keep tabs on it as well. It will turn up...just sometimes things get misplaced for some reason. Thanks for your patience. I know it sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Palmer View Post
Some people have no shame.

This doesn't reflect on you at all, Rich. You asked to have these limited to one per person and that should have been enough. If there's a system to game, there will be people out there trying to game it. Try not to let it bother you. Focus on the 48 people who followed the rules and are excited to have the books in-hand.

That said, I'll keep my eyes open to see if they turn up.
Thanks everyone for keeping an eye out and for your comments on this. I appreciate it. There has been a great development on this as of yesterday afternoon. The person that received the two books contacted me and is going to return one of them to me next week. So, awesome development! Really a stand-up move by this person and I commend them for doing so. They apologized for this and did state that their intent was not to re-sell the second book anyway. I am very pleased with this news!

Old 01-07-2018, 06:35 PM   #135
Redrumh2o
Mad Scientist

I can't wait to get mine! I won't be able to get home until next weekend, but I am sure it is there already. I just hope I am not the lucky person to get the lone 9.6!
Redrumh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 07:34 AM   #136
rich
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrumh2o View Post
I can't wait to get mine! I won't be able to get home until next weekend, but I am sure it is there already. I just hope I am not the lucky person to get the lone 9.6!
Yours wasn't the 9.6. And, the 9.6 was still an awesome grade for these books given the amount of handling they went through. Just a very slightly dinged corner...hardly noticeable to the naked eye.

Old 01-08-2018, 12:53 PM   #137
Mewzard
Hench Mutant

My copy has arrived! I'll scan the front and back to show it off shortly, going to shower first so only pristine, perfect hands have contact with it, lol.

Thanks Rich! This was so much fun to help create and it looks amazing.
Old 01-08-2018, 01:50 PM   #138
rich
Mad Scientist

Quote:
My copy has arrived! I'll scan the front and back to show it off shortly, going to shower first so only pristine, perfect hands have contact with it, lol.

Thanks Rich! This was so much fun to help create and it looks amazing.
Awesome! I knew it had to be there soon. Glad you like it.

Old 01-08-2018, 02:06 PM   #139
Mewzard
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Awesome! I knew it had to be there soon. Glad you like it.
Unfortunately, all my attempts to scan a copy have looked poor, and I can't figure out why.

But here's what I got. If you know of any ways to get a better quality picture, I'd appreciate it.

*better pictures received*

Last edited by Mewzard; 01-08-2018 at 02:34 PM.
Old 01-08-2018, 02:28 PM   #140
rich
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Unfortunately, all my attempts to scan a copy have looked poor, and I can't figure out why.

But here's what I got. If you know of any ways to get a better quality picture, I'd appreciate it.
Yeah, scanning slabs doesn't ever turn out very well. I have pics of your book that that I've sent to your KS email address. Let me know if you didn't get them.