The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 04-04-2017, 03:25 PM   #3361
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
This is getting a sequel, they've built too much momentum in finally making Power Rangers cool again to give up so easily. Quote me on this.
Remember how twice now Spider-Man had several films but didn't get too far. The Macquire/Raimi series had 3 films and speculated it would go to 6, but walked away with just half of reports. Its successor series had planned 4 films and 3 spinoff so yet were halted at 2 due to underwhelming potential. Power Rangers is thinking ahead to 7. It might get a sequel but a chance beyond that? I think it stops at 2. Perhaps a test of Green Ranger fandom. How much will be changed of his character for the the sake of change combined with adapting it direction of this attempted franchise.
Old 04-04-2017, 03:27 PM   #3362
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Power Rangers is thinking ahead to 7.
They can be thinking to 170. If the box office isn't there, there won't even be a 2.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 03:27 PM   #3363
Allio
Foot Elite

I want this to give toei initiative to give do more reboots. While I feel like I was in the minority to like Kikaider Reboot, I want more.

I mean, compared to what is shown in Power Rangers, the reboot suits Toei put out are just so much better

Spoiler:

I mean, aside from Kyodain, Inazuman, and Akumaizer being typical tv (to movie) budget, they look pretty good.
Old 04-04-2017, 03:29 PM   #3364
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
I mean, compared to what is shown in Power Rangers, the reboot suits Toei put out are just so much better
Eh, not really. Not really at all.
Old 04-04-2017, 03:35 PM   #3365
Allio
Foot Elite

I mean, if you enjoy generic hollywood design, they are fine I suppose. But sadly they don't really have much personality. Design wise, Kickass or even "Ninja vs the Valiant universe" has more life.
Old 04-04-2017, 03:37 PM   #3366
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
I mean, if you enjoy generic hollywood design, they are fine I suppose. But sadly they don't really have much personality.
The energy stuff going on in the suits was cool. I thought for sure the mannequin-like mouths would move when they talked in this, though. They got around it by having the faces part vanishing often, ala Venom in Spider-Man 3... which is dumb, particularly when they're in the Mega-Zord walking around town. Any moron with a telephoto lens or binoculars could see all the faces of the kids inside.

And how in the hell did they walk that Mega-Zord back to the cave without anybody noticing? Pretty sure those footprints wouldn't be hard to follow.
Old 04-04-2017, 03:44 PM   #3367
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I was just watching the King Sphinx battle and noticed at 5:03 in the video a dragon coin insigna button. I thought the fight was a purely adapted sequence wirh King Sphinx fron the Japanese. Why was the dragon coin insigna shown since it was pre-Green Ranger? I thought there zords had to be merged for it to be seen.
Old 04-04-2017, 03:45 PM   #3368
Allio
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
The energy stuff going on in the suits was cool. I thought for sure the mannequin-like mouths would move when they talked in this, though. They got around it by having the faces part vanishing often, ala Venom in Spider-Man 3... which is dumb, particularly when they're in the Mega-Zord walking around town. Any moron with a telephoto lens or binoculars could see all the faces of the kids inside.
Trust me when I say this, I know you don't Ultraman, but it wouldn't work

It's something unsettling.

I kind of wanted to see something come out of this, but I guess like Gamera reboot it ain't happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post

I was just watching the King Sphinx battle and noticed at 5:03 in the video a dragon coin insigna button. I thought the fight was a purely adapted sequence wirh King Sphinx fron the Japanese. Why was the dragon coin insigna shown since it was pre-Green Ranger? I thought there zords had to be merged for it to be seen.
They probably grabbed a sequence from post-Burai for that scene. I don't think I recall that cockpit shot.

Keep in mind that PR used alot of needless shots in the early days to push their run time.
Old 04-04-2017, 10:18 PM   #3369
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:

They probably grabbed a sequence from post-Burai for that scene. I don't think I recall that cockpit shot.

Keep in mind that PR used alot of needless shots in the early days to push their run time.
They did use a post-Burai episode scene. In fact, it was from the 48th Zyuranger episode.

http://sirstack.db-destiny.net/morphylogeny/104.htm
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 10:52 PM   #3370
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
All the original fans from the 90's are adults and the young kids of today don't give a damn about Power Rangers.
The show is still on and the toys are selling. So some kids must like them.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 11:03 PM   #3371
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
The show is still on and the toys are selling. So some kids must like them.
Don't pay these haters any mind. Especially Cyber Cubed. They're just here to start trouble.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 05:44 AM   #3372
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
People thought a Power Ranger movie would do good in the year 2017? I mean nostalgia can only go so far. All the original fans from the 90's are adults and the young kids of today don't give a damn about Power Rangers.
The same thing can be said about Ninja Turtles but then again, you're horribly out of touch with everything.

New Rejected Power Rangers Movie Suits Surface

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 09:57 AM   #3373
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman;1674739[URL="https://www.powerrangersnow.com/new-rejected-power-rangers-movie-suits/"
New Rejected Power Rangers Movie Suits Surface[/URL]
Yuck......
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 11:48 AM   #3374
TMNT_Guy
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
This looks less like a Red Ranger and more like an updated Lord Zedd.
Old 04-07-2017, 11:51 AM   #3375
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I like what's going on with the arm gauntlets in that. Not so much anything else.
Old 04-07-2017, 01:00 PM   #3376
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
They did use a post-Burai episode scene. In fact, it was from the 48th Zyuranger episode.

http://sirstack.db-destiny.net/morphylogeny/104.htm
The url link is blocked at work. I guess the part where the shot looking down on them in the Megazord cockpit through the brief 'We're changing to tank mode' was from episode 48? I wasn't aware of the copy and pasting of different zord vs monster of the day fights were spliced with others for the sake of runtime. I am aware of the crystals insertion bit being from the King Sphinx episode being recycled over and over, but not beyond that. I learned something new today.
Old 04-08-2017, 10:20 AM   #3377
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Quote:
Reminds me of the generic looking Robocop (2014) design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 09:34 PM   #3378
Allio
Foot Elite

Quote:
The same thing can be said about Ninja Turtles but then again, you're horribly out of touch with everything.

New Rejected Power Rangers Movie Suits Surface
To be fair, Tmnt has proven it can handle just about any audience

Just the pd films sucked
Allio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 09:51 PM   #3379
sdp
Megan Fox = April

No matter how badly this movie does it made something that hadn't been done. despite it being part of the 90s, it just never reached the nostalgia wave that we saw with 90s properties until now. Thanks to the movie Power Rangers are cool again.. So yeah, it doesn't have to be a huge hit, as long as it's not a huge failure which it doesn't seem to be it's going to get a sequel, especially since the green ranger is the Wolverine of the franchise and he'd be featured in the sequel. Don't count on the 7 movies if the second doesn't succeed though but I think it's likely we'll get a sequel.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 09:53 PM   #3380
Allio
Foot Elite

Sadly it just seems like one of those movies where in a few months people would be like "oh yeah, there was a power rangers movie."

I know everbody at my job said they had no interest in the movie, one said they never seen such disappointment in my eyes

I mean it is hard to judge exactly what PR means right now aside from just "nostalgia" I mean outside of little things, it has real outstanding merits in comparison to say marvel stuff

I mean, from a perspective it has the basic stuff, plushes and Vinyl figures, I mean you ain't nothing with out your "Funko Pop! Starter Pack." But really, beyond that not much has really happened when it comes to "pop" stuff. We had imported SH Figuarts of Zyuranger/MMPR but nothing really since then, I don't even know if we still get the imported versions of Sentai megazord toys (did they stop with Gokaiger?)

Like, don't get me wrong, I love the Legacy collecton, but ultimately that was aimed at the collectors that was already previously collecting stuff, not so much as the popculture aspect, but I digress.

It would honestly be hard to class the popculture pinpoint without at least some high quality statues.

Last edited by Allio; 04-08-2017 at 10:50 PM.
Allio is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
power rangers