The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 08-30-2019, 06:53 PM   #261
frank_one
Stone Warrior

So, in the past Sarah Connor saved the world and now Skynet is after someone else (the mexican girl) and Sarah Connor wants to protect her because she understand what that means. I don't know, it doesn't sound so exciting, it's the same story over and over.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 07:05 PM   #262
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I heard that its not Skynet any more. But something called Legion
https://terminator.fandom.com/wiki/Legion
Old 08-30-2019, 08:13 PM   #263
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
So, in the past Sarah Connor saved the world and now Skynet is after someone else (the mexican girl) and Sarah Connor wants to protect her because she understand what that means. I don't know, it doesn't sound so exciting, it's the same story over and over.
Basically...

* Sarah Connor's actions in T2 only delayed Judgement Day a number of years. Like T3.

* Someone in the present is being targeted by a Terminator from the future because of what they will do in the future. Like in T1, T2, T3, and T5.

* That same someone receives a time-traveler to protect them. Like T1, T2, T3, and T5.

* The Arnold Terminator kills John Connor. Like in T3 (in the future instead of the past, but same difference).

* The hero of the story is a human-Terminator hybrid. Like T4.

* The bad guy Terminator is a hybrid endoskeleton with malleable skin. Like T3 and T5.

* Arnold's CSM-101 T-800 is back in an ally capacity. Like T2, T3, and T5.

* That same T-800 is "Old Man T-800." Like T5.

* SkyNET "evolves" to be called something other than SkyNET). Like T5. (Genisys there, "Legion" here, apparently)

So yeah...

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 10-30-2019 at 11:19 PM.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 08:41 PM   #264
Sumac
Foot Elite

But, hey, ORIGINALITY!!
Old 08-30-2019, 11:16 PM   #265
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Right?

Also Cameron doesn't exactly sound like he has 100% confidence in the project:

https://io9.gizmodo.com/james-camero...ium=socialflow
Old 08-31-2019, 12:26 AM   #266
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Well it sounds like he had a pretty big input. Hopefully he wonít backtrack later.

Has he ever given specific reasons for why he hates the other 3? I can see the time jumping but only Genisys did that. T3 was meant as a continuation. Salvation too right?

Dark Fate uses elements from each one. What exactly is his issue with them?

Except for Genisys (in its defense it required sequels to add up) Iíve never understood how T3 and Salvation were some huge departure from the first two.

Iím glad we at least get to see what he considers to be a ďproperĒ follow up.
Old 08-31-2019, 12:44 AM   #267
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
Well it sounds like he had a pretty big input. Hopefully he wonít backtrack later.

Has he ever given specific reasons for why he hates the other 3? I can see the time jumping but only Genisys did that. T3 was meant as a continuation. Salvation too right?

Dark Fate uses elements from each one. What exactly is his issue with them?

Except for Genisys (in its defense it required sequels to add up) Iíve never understood how T3 and Salvation were some huge departure from the first two.

Iím glad we at least get to see what he considers to be a ďproperĒ follow up.
Cameron said T3 was awesome. He said T4 was awesome. He said T5 was awesome. Now he says they're all poo. So there's that.

I respect that Schwarzenegger stands beside T3, at least. And he should. Nothing wrong with that movie beyond 2 awkward lines, the T-X controlling cars with her mind when that wouldn't be possible with cars of the era, and arguably the "talk to the hand" thing.
Old 08-31-2019, 12:55 AM   #268
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Cameron said T3 was awesome. He said T4 was awesome. He said T5 was awesome. Now he says they're all poo. So there's that.

I respect that Schwarzenegger stands beside T3, at least. And he should. Nothing wrong with that movie beyond 2 awkward lines, the T-X controlling cars with her mind when that wouldn't be possible with cars of the era, and arguably the "talk to the hand" thing.
Ya T3 is actually awesome. The TX is a fully upgraded model, it had good action/suspense and the ending.

It’s not just Cameron though. A lot of fans, even ones that enjoyed them, treat them as some kind of knockoffs that do not match up with the first two.

Like what is it? They totally fit in the continuity, tone and theme. 3 and 4 do.
Old 08-31-2019, 01:03 AM   #269
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Ya T3 is actually awesome. The TX is a fully upgraded model, it had good action/suspense and the ending.

It’s not just Cameron though. A lot of fans, even ones that enjoyed them, treat them as some kind of knockoffs that do not match up with the first two.

Like what is it? They totally fit in the continuity, tone and theme. 3 and 4 do.
Personally I say the music. I'm a big film score guy. T3 and T4's music score was lame. Brad Fiedel made T1 and T2 pop. Remove that music and watch even the best scenes in those movies and see if they feel the same.

In fact. In general. Can anyone think of a score that has pumped them up as much as when, like, the T-1000 is chasing John? That da-da-DA-da-da... da-da-DAH-da riff?
Old 08-31-2019, 01:18 AM   #270
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Quote:
Personally I say the music. I'm a big film score guy. T3 and T4's music score was lame. Brad Fiedel made T1 and T2 pop. Remove that music and watch even the best scenes in those movies and see if they feel the same.
Well thatís fine if you prefer the other music but thatís not what people are talking about. Certainly not Cameron. Heís referring to something intangible or abstract.

Obviously Miller agrees with him but I wish theyíd actually explain how the others were so ďoffĒ.

I know theyíve talked about it interviews but all theyíve really said was they thought they were too wild. Which only Genisys really is.

Personally I donít pay a lot of attention to a score unless thereís a specific song or arrangement that catches my ear. Iím fine with most scores in general.

Iím more focused on whatís going on and how itís unfolding. I even catch myself trying to figure stuff out or predict things in my mind.
Old 08-31-2019, 06:29 AM   #271
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Apparently the T-800 endoskeletons in the new trailer... are visually the same ones as the ones seen in Genisys. With the angular, pointed chest piece and all.
Recycled material?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 06:44 PM   #272
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Recycled material?
Yeah. They recycled the same CGI model for the T-800 from Genisys.
Old 08-31-2019, 10:37 PM   #273
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Oh I had replied before you edited I guess.

Ya everyone agrees the main Terminator theme is cool. Itís been used in all of them right?
Old 09-01-2019, 12:21 PM   #274
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Oh I had replied before you edited I guess.

Ya everyone agrees the main Terminator theme is cool. Itís been used in all of them right?
Only at the end of T3. I don't think they bothered with it I'm 4 or 5. Maybe a few tiny cues.
Old 09-01-2019, 02:21 PM   #275
Sumac
Foot Elite

T4 had a very weird remix of main theme, which was barely recognizable.
Not sure about T5.
Old 09-01-2019, 02:29 PM   #276
Coola Yagami
Emperor

So why did Skynet switch to a new target? If this is all because of whatever Sarah did in T2, wouldn't it still make sense to still go after Sarah? Why not go back and kill her as a kid?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 02:30 PM   #277
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Why not go back and kill her as a kid?
That was the last movie
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 02:53 PM   #278
frank_one
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
So why did Skynet switch to a new target? If this is all because of whatever Sarah did in T2, wouldn't it still make sense to still go after Sarah? Why not go back and kill her as a kid?
Sarah Did destroy the original Skynet and she did that before Skynet even existed. So these new robots probably don't even know who Sarah Connor is.
However, that's the problem with time travel based stories: the more you add, the more stupid they become as every action a character takes can be replaced or fixed in a sequel.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 10:39 PM   #279
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Quote:
Only at the end of T3. I don't think they bothered with it I'm 4 or 5. Maybe a few tiny cues.
In Salvation it plays when John meets up with the T800.

I don’t remember where it’s at in Genisys but I’m sure it’s there. I looked it up and the soundtrack has it.
Old 09-02-2019, 01:37 AM   #280
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Mostly my point is not the Terminator theme specifically... which I don't think even played in T1 or T2 beyond the beginning and ending.

Fiedel did a ton in T1 and T2. He made every scene pop. You may not even realize why those scenes did. I'm just saying watch them again without music. He gave every scene added character and intensity. No composer has even tried since T2, just "ambient blah."

Tags
adayinsidemillerthemovie, cuckwithmeifyouwanttolive, franchise is terminated, hasta la vista cis men, pappenbrooktriggered, terminator: woke fate, the future is female