The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 02-15-2019, 03:01 PM   #61
CyberCubed
Overlord

They're not going to have Leatherhead be mind controlled and become a one-dimensional slave, that would be too repetitive after Slash and completely pointless. Leatherhead would have no personality at all like Slash did and that would be a waste. We don't know if Leatherhead will join anyone.

As for Baxter as far as we can tell he isn't up to anything, he seems to have gone legitimate. I don't think he's working with Bishop anymore behind the scenes or we would have gotten an update on it. With April willingly working for him and keeping track on what he does, I don't think there's much to say. I think people just assume since Baxter's always been a villain he has to remain one.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 03:07 PM   #62
Toxin45
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
They're not going to have Leatherhead be mind controlled and become a one-dimensional slave, that would be too repetitive after Slash and completely pointless. Leatherhead would have no personality at all like Slash did and that would be a waste. We don't know if Leatherhead will join anyone.

As for Baxter as far as we can tell he isn't up to anything, he seems to have gone legitimate. I don't think he's working with Bishop anymore behind the scenes or we would have gotten an update on it. With April willingly working for him and keeping track on what he does, I don't think there's much to say. I think people just assume since Baxter's always been a villain he has to remain one.
But the turtles still don't trust him since he only cares about himself.
Toxin45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 03:08 PM   #63
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Yes, but also no. Let me explain. I got your point, what I meant was: imagine for a moment an alternate universe where the character we now know as Bludgeon was actually introduced as Armaggon. We would've been all liek "Yass! Cool! Armaggon! He's a badass!", etc, and several dozen issues down the line he would've evolved into the current character and none of us would've batted an eye because we followed along in his development. That's pretty much what happened with characters like Rat King and Slash, to name two of the most obvious examples. Their IDW selves have little to do with previous iterations, and the same would've applied to Bludgeon if he would've debuted as Armaggon. There are some liberties taken with their characterization, as well as some leeway to do so. Heck, even Bishop is a fair bit different. Anyone who's only familiar with him from the 2012 cartoon will be scratching their heads the whole time.

Armaggon is the same. His Archie TMNT and 2012 cartoon selves were sufficiently different that the mutant shark introduced in #37 could have been named Armaggon. Yes. But now that we arrive at this point in the story and look at what's become, we can all agree that giving him that name would've been, in retrospect, a major disservice to both characters. Sorry for the rant, which probably went nowhere and only reinforced (again) what you said earlier.
AH!! Gotcha
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 10:37 PM   #64
daggio
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I think, personally, it has more to do with Baxter is out for Baxter, he's not out for the Turtles or April (and judging by the scene from two issues ago, he's possibly onto April). If the relationship breaks down, that may lead to more than just hurt feelings.

The Bishop thing was more of a "you do this for me or else" scenario, but I think we'll probably see more Baxter/Bishop in the future, especially with the EPF now entrenched in Central Park and Baxter's campaign for mayor, that'll probably lead to a 4Kids style partnership of sorts.
daggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 03:53 AM   #65
Igglet

You know, it just hit me. Bishop suddenly may have a waaaay larger circle of allies than any of us probably anticipated. Bishop, Metalhead, Stockman and maybe even Leatherhead could all be on one side of the conflict in this arc.
Old 02-16-2019, 02:27 PM   #66
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igglet View Post
You know, it just hit me. Bishop suddenly may have a waaaay larger circle of allies than any of us probably anticipated. Bishop, Metalhead, Stockman and maybe even Leatherhead could all be on one side of the conflict in this arc.
Stockman's not really an ally, more like a grudging... inside man?

Bishop kinda already drew the line in the sand for him back during Kingdom of Rats. "Tell me what I want, or it's Gitmo Bay for you."
Old 02-18-2019, 09:01 AM   #67
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

https://comicbook.com/comics/amp/201...shredder-dead/

Nice write up on comicbook.com #91 and the series as a whole.