The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 02-03-2015, 05:06 PM   #21
snake
Disgusting

My stuff is cringeworthy. I used smilies way too much as well as commas. I f*cking loved using commas for some reason.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 05:34 PM   #22
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
this was my first post, my intro:

Quote:
hey gang, i'm new to the forums, just signed up, and i'm hoping to be a regular poster here, but i mainly signed up with the hopes of getting my hands on some much wanted TMNT toy loot!
from 2009

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 05:52 PM   #23
CyberCubed
Overlord

Aside from it being about the 2k3 TMNT cartoon, I was 18 back in 2004 when I came to the forums.

To find my earliest online posts it would have to be on IGN's boards when I was 13 years old, but sadly they're deleted by now. Back when I was 13 I was obsessed with Pokemon because Pokemon Red/Blue came out the same year as well as Ocarina of Time in 1998.

Its actually hard to believe that on some forums you can find posts dating back to the year 1999-2000. I wish I could read some my 13-year old self posts from 15 years ago, damn. I feel like I grew up on the internet, as weird as that sounds.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 06:25 PM   #24
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I'm glad I wasn't even on the internet quite yet at that age. Finding old scribbles and musings from that age among some old stuff is bad enough without them having been publicly immortalized online.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 07:26 PM   #25
Gunpowder
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I'm almost ashamed to say that the oldest one it goes back to is from 12-21-2014. Damn I talk too much on forums.
Jeez, I never realized how recent it was that you joined...and already with posts exceeding 3,000. That's kinda crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
I had to dig to find mine, also the first thread I ever created, way back in Dec 01! Changed my name to the OG to make it even more clear!

F*cking brimming with enthusiasm that little sh*t.
That's hilarious. How old were you back then? Mid-teens? Damn. I still have trouble comprehending how long certain people have been here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethal Lullaby View Post
Well there ya go. I set it for my name when I first joined.
That was an interesting read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
My stuff is cringeworthy. I used smilies way too much as well as commas. I f*cking loved using commas for some reason.
I've been pretty comma-happy, too, as of late (and there I go again).

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I wish I could read some my 13-year old self posts from 15 years ago, damn. I feel like I grew up on the internet, as weird as that sounds.
Haha, doesn't sound that weird at all, man. I would've grown up on the web, too...if I had a working internet before I was in high school, that is.
Old 02-03-2015, 07:42 PM   #26
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creativemind View Post
Man, you have been busy. It's been less than a year and you have more posts than some who have been here for ten years. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunpowder View Post
Jeez, I never realized how recent it was that you joined...and already with posts exceeding 3,000. That's kinda crazy.
Yes, issues... and look, now you guys are encouraging an addict.

Kind of the quiet sort in IRL, so written communication sort of ends up making up for it. lol
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 08:20 PM   #27
pennydreadful
trash

Eh... you and me both, Indigo.

I'd been avoiding piping up in here because it'd make it blatantly obvious how much I haunt this place. If I go back 500 posts, it's only about 6 weeks ago. My first ever post was something bumbling and stupid-sounding (so, not so different from most of my posts, really ) in the Introductions section.

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 05:27 AM   #28
Katie
Just...way too serious.

I had to go in the archives! My first post was a bit of a fanfic thing from the 4kids turtles forum. Before that I had lurked. Then I immediately went to introduce myself and lied about my age cause I thought people here were way older than they actually are. Anyway:

Quote:
For my introductory thoughts here, I thought I’d play Master Splinter:

Tonight I meditate on my sons and the world they are becoming more and more a part of. They have come home after another encounter with Oroko Saki’s factions and though they have all returned to me, they show the signs of a hard fought battle. I have seen the increase in frequency of these battles and in the danger my sons face. It is enough to make a Father’s heart ache with worry.

All of my sons are brave fighters. They all have their own unique fighting style, and all have areas that could be improved on.

Leonardo is very dedicated to ninjitsu. He spends many hours training to perfect his technique. Over the years he has become very graceful, very thoughtful in style. He fights well when things go as he expects, but when the fight takes an unexpected turn, he may take time to adjust and adapt…time that could be deadly in the wrong situation. He strives so hard to please me and to do what is right, this often weighs heavy on him. I think sometimes he has been forced to grow up too soon. He is very protective of his brothers and I can see the tension this sometimes causes when they act in ways that he finds childish or immature. I try to impress on him that they are still young, as is he. He does not understand why his brothers do not seem as focused as he is. I have told him on more than one occasion that one who bares the weight of the world accomplishes nothing but to be crushed by the world’s weight.

Michelangelo, on the other hand, is very naturally talented and very naturally adaptive. His technique is to wear his opponent down by quickly dodging their attacks. He uses this time to discover his opponent’s weakness then develops an effective attack. I believe Michelangelo would be my best student if it were not for his lack of concentration. He is easily distracted and I fear that in a battle situation, where there are many things to be distracted by, he will one day be very badly hurt. However, I must say it is amusing to see him sparring in practice with his brothers, constantly testing their patience with his antics. My deepest concern with Michelangelo is that he treats battle as if it were a game. I have seen him spend many hours playing the video games and often think that he may not understand that the fights they are in are life or death…there are no “extra lives.”

Though Donatello is a skilled fighter, he would rather not fight. I have always known this. He practices when I tell him, and fights alongside his brothers when need be, but this is not the life he would choose. As he has gotten older, unlike his brothers, he has been satisfied to perfect his existing technique. He has come to rely on his engineering skills rather than his fighting skills in battle. I often try and impress on him the need for simplicity as he describes a new machine he has envisioned. I would admit, the things he thinks of astound me but they have little to do with martial arts. However, there have been more times lately when these skills have proven essential to the fight. Donatello works very well with Michelangelo. It seems that they compensate for what the other lacks.

Raphael is unique among his brothers. He is the most independent, yet he is the one most in need of guidance. He is a fearless fighter and does not hesitate to invite a battle. I have seen him face seemingly impossible odds only to come out victorious. But I have also seen him so clouded by his own emotion that he defeats himself. In a battle situation, he often leaps before he looks, to my dismay. His independence is a cause of great tension between him and Leonardo. They have such different philosophies in life and both are stubborn in their opinions. I fear that one day Raphael’s emotion will overcome him, causing harm that is irreparable…either psychologically as a rift between himself and his brothers, or physically if he pushes himself too far in an attempt to win the battle. I can only hope that with maturity will come balance for Raphael.

As I think about my sons, I have a hard time seeing them as the adults they are becoming and not the children they once were. I only hope that I have instilled a good foundation for them all so that when I am gone they will be an honorable legacy for me. I think this is what any parent would want for their sons.
Old 02-04-2015, 06:36 AM   #29
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netkeeper
[virtual reality system failure.]

Now that I have your attention.

I'm Netkeeper, but I go by many names [so if you think you recognise me, you probably do]. Self-proclaimed artist, writer, and legally-recognised 2k3 Donatello roleplayer that will kick your shell. I view the 2k3 series as superior to all the others, but I find most TMNT continuities enjoyable. [Keyword: most. Not looking forward to the movie this year.] I also really like shipping. Gets your package from point A to point B.

I don't take myself very seriously. I would advise you do the same.
Love how so many people never paid attention to the last line of that post during my time here; I included it for a reason.

What I find even more interesting is my old avatar. I don't have it any more, but it was a cropped version of this picture, which I later updated to a new version... and my old signature is even trippier, as I'm no longer used to Hackmon facing the opposite direction! I need to draw a new avatar so badly, haha!

Last edited by Netkeeper; 02-04-2015 at 06:45 AM.
Netkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 07:01 AM   #30
evan2000
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MewMeow View Post
Wow! That's derp worthy!
Wasn't that just last month?

Anyway mine was exactly 8 months ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan2000 View Post
Hello everyone, I'm from Malaysia and this is my first post. Nick TMNT just premiered on our local channel last weekend, in our own Malay language audio dub. Here are some clips of how the character voices sound like: http://s893.photobucket.com/user/eva...y%20Dub?sort=2

In summary, I think Leo sounds too mature, Raph and Donnie sound alright, Mikey sounds almost perfect, Splinter sounds like a villain, and Shredder sounds like an incompetent villain! The Kraang's robotic voice are spot-on, and are actually provided by 3 different voice actors.

I hope it is acceptable to share short clips like these as these are not full episodes, if not please let me know as I'm really new here and may not be aware of the practices around here.

That being said, if there are any of you who can share clips like these in other audio dub, please share them on this thread as I would love to check them out!

Tags
peanut