The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 01-22-2019, 09:19 PM   #101
Leo656
The Franchise

It's funny, I thought that she quit social media because of all the racists?

Did Obama suddenly come back and "fix racism" again? Because I think there's still a few racists out there, and yet, Here's Leslie!

Maybe everyone should've just called her fat. Maybe that would've been the last straw, I'unno. I just love how these celebritards make a big show of quitting social media, then pop up again anyway despite nobody asking them to. Tell it to your cat, nobody else cares.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 09:52 PM   #102
Xav
Foot Elite

Ghostbusters 2016 Director Paul Feig Defends Leslie Jones' Ghostbusters 3 Comments
Quote:
An absolute honest to God never ending supply of ******** and hate from these trolls. Leslie spoke her truth and I support her. I am very open to Jason's new version of GB but am also sad that our 2016 team may not get to bust again. We all are. We're forever proud of our movie.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 09:56 PM   #103
Leo656
The Franchise

"And there once more stood the valiant knight, his armor so white it was practically incandescent..."

Old 01-22-2019, 11:24 PM   #104
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Just heard the Ernie Hudson clip. So they have not officially signed on but until now all GB3 talk was a series of supposed confirmations and time frames that were never addressed again.

It’s funny too because they were always announced under the most random or obscure news sources. Just hearsay from Dan giving interviews about his plans.

Of course this could get canceled or delayed like any movie but the fact there is a teaser still blows my mind given the history.

The studio had to have given permission to make it and release it as an official piece of work. They approved it to say Summer 2020 (even if it does get changed or delayed for some reason).

That could never be done before with the legal issues that I assume are over since the reboot happened.
Old 01-22-2019, 11:57 PM   #105
Leo656
The Franchise

It's like I say a lot, brutha. People jump the gun too quick nowadays. Positive or negative, we get a little too excited a little too fast.

I am strongly opposed to one of the *rumored* ideas I've heard, but it's just an idea, right now. It's not what the movie's gonna be, movie could be anything, we don't know yet.

Hope it's good, what can I say.

Old 01-23-2019, 12:18 AM   #106
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Well I was just speculating since other movies have been started by the time it’s announced. That’s why I brought up Child’s Play. I’m not surprised by it though.

I totally still believe the movie is happening until they state otherwise. It could be they just have not gotten to casting yet.

The reboot’s announcement...that could have easily been written off too given the history but it quickly became apparent it was real. That didn’t even have a teaser at first.
Old 01-23-2019, 06:04 AM   #107
Egon1982
Hench Mutant

Deep down inside me, i've been burned, i've been burnt so badly by the 2016 movie and my trust with Sony with this franchise is at an all time low, is there is a reason why i should trust them? well Ivan is producing and his son is directing and the original cast is coming back, yeh! so! tell me again as myself is a die hard fan of the franchise i should be trustworthy, why i should trust and have faith in Sony for Ghostbusters after Stinkbusters.

Sure the teaser was a better teaser than Stinkbusters's teaser, but that's not saying much, that's like saying a piece of roadkill is better than a turd that's on the side of the road, both are pretty bad and both suck, maybe a piece of roadkill is better in respects at least you can look at that roadkill and bury it, unlike a piece of crap At least Roadkill was alive at one point, it had a story and a turd is just a piece of crap! and the purpose it serve of that it's long gone, all that's left is this putrid long time decaying body that never had a soul and never had any life. When you compare one teaser trailer like 2016's film which is just a soulless corporate cash-grab with bad jokes that looks like a trainwreck (which i thought 2016's film was definitely a trainwreck which i thought was shockingly unfunny, sexist to men with manbashing, awkward performances, ****** unfunny script, poor pacing, overlong, dislikable characters with no personality/charisma and all) to another teaser trailer that looks old school teaser style with a little bit of life but it's been ran over already because of the previous film, so technically i still feel it's a dead franchise at this point, Harold Ramis is dead, he's gone and he was the big part of why Ghostbusters was successful as he help wrote the first and second films as he was a big part of the creative process as sure Ackroyd was the brain but Ramis was the soul and heart of the film franchise. as he was even one of the founding members of the team plus he did co-wrote the game.

And if you don't have Egon, it just isn't the same and i feel that out of respect to Harold Ramis whom i admired over the years as a film lover of high standards, you should just let the franchise on film die! let it die with him, what made those two movies special was the creativity and chemistry of Ramis, Dan Aykroyd, Bill Murray and director Ivan Reitman. You CANNOT recreate that same magic without that team, and even more especially without a strong script and only Ramis can do a strong script.. Why do we have to keep doing this? especially soo soon?

Stinkbusters came out in 2016 and this is coming in 2020 so almost 40 years later we are getting another film? but in the teaser they had the ecto-one, the original music by Elmer Bernstein, sure it's a nice touch but it screams to me that it's trying to tug into your nostalgic heartstrings that's what it's doing and trying to be manipulative. It's like "oh look, there's the Ecto-1, oh look hey ghostbusters fans, there's the ecto-1 aren't you excited? here's the original music aren't you excited? ooh look we have the proton packs before the coming 2020 logo of the ghostbusters, aren't you excited?".

NO i am not! i'm not falling for this crap Sony! OK, i'm not, you busting my butt here, enough i'm not gonna fall for your horsecrap. This does in theory sound more promising than the reboot does as it's a sequel to the first 2 but having kids as main heroes in it with the old GBs as mentors? oh god, this is why i'm not looking forward to the new movie. It's a cashgrab to prey on nostalgia. It should rest in peace as a beloved classics and the true GB 3 is the video game.

I mean Ghostbusters was a once in a lifetime thing! you had all these amazing minds, and all these hilarious individual and made something special and unique in a situation and your not trying to capture lightning in a bottle again. I love Ghostbusters 2 as a fun sequel, when you compare it to the first movie it's not the same and doesn't have the same energy as the first one was a risk in production when it came out in pre-production, the studios thought he was crazy when they were doing this movie and thought it would be a failure as the risk paid off on the original as the risks took off and made the studio silenced.

For this new movie, it looks like there is no passion behind the camera but a moneygrab to get Stranger Thing's money, i didn't even want a Ghosbusters 3 to began with because it's too late, Harold Ramis has passed away, the energy is not gonna be there, the original guys are old and the new characters are not gonna be good in chemistry, humor or getting along like the original cast. I don't think it's a risk worth taking and they should had done the animated movie they were thinking and all. I mean Ghostbusters the game is GB 3 already, we don't need a third film that has kids or teens as main stars as it smells money grab.

The franchise should be left alone on film unless you can do another game or an animated film or animated show for Netflix/Hulu/Amazon but it's passed the time to do a third film, they should had made it 28 years ago while the GBs were still young and would had been worthwhile. The time passed and it's too late, it's too late to do it now, i'm sorry and this is coming from someone who is a fan of the series and a fan of the characters, they were a part of my childhood as i recalled seeing the first one in theaters in it's 85 re-issue and watched/taped every episode of the animated series every afternoon as a kid, had toys even the firehouse for christmas when i was a kid and saw part 2 in theaters on my birthday on opening day as i had a GB cake and some toys as well. I also remembered playing the arcade game and the Sega game plus i enjoyed some of the comics and played the video game in 2009 as it was awesome. But i just don't want to see anymore GB films.

i'm being honest and heatfelt without the "everything is awesome on film mentality" as i'm a real person with a passion for movies and can see the errors in Hollywood now and is not blinded by the beauty of a movie like reviving a long dead cinematic franchise like Ghostbusters or Die Hard which some need to be buried to rest in peace in favor of new franchises, let old glory rest for it earned it, and bringing something back from the dead is just gonna hurt it's legacy and eventually your just gonna get diminishing box-office returns and sometimes the bottom will completely fall.

I Just want new franchises like John Wick and Quiet Place to all and something different and to let Hollywood stop digging up franchises from the past and find new glory.

I am not interested in another Ghostbusters. It's been too long and at this point I'm tired of the cinematic nostalgia trend, we don't need any sequels to any past films (Except Mission Impossible is getting stronger as it had a couple of duds but the last film was excellent and Blade Runner 2 was surprisingly excellent), it's getting friggin' ridiculous this 80's/90s nostalgia craze on film.

I grew up in the 80's and 90s I'm turning 37 I love many many movies back then, in fact every weekend I went to the movies from the age of 3 to 17 back then and that was when movies were good before green screens and bad actors came along. So now what do we have we have 80's/90s kids that are adults trying to make sequels to the movies they loved which is ****ing stupid cause 90 percent of the time it's gonna suck the actors are gonna be old and usually not into it, the story is gonna be dumb cause there's no where else left to go.

I mean look at Sly Stallone making Rambo 5, he's on a horse dressed like John Wayne I mean come on I love Sly he's my top fav actors of all time but please leave Rambo in the passed he ended it perfect in Rambo 4. Anyhow Ghostbusters 3 exists as a game and that's the only GB 3 to me.

I mean sometimes on sequels, remakes, prequel reboots on film and all your just gonna get diminishing returns and the bottom will completely fall and all and sometimes enough is enough and create your own franchise. What we need are writers and directors who aren’t afraid to try something different and knew. They need to stop following the norm. John Wick is an example of a fresh new franchise than resurrecting a long dead franchise like Rocky (died with Balboa), Pirates of Caribbean, Rambo (died with 4), Ghostbusters (2 was the last worthwhile movie), Die Hard (last decent one was 4) and all that. For GB 3, It is clearly too late by this point and I am just tired of these studios getting these franchises and trying to redo same **** only not as good.

I Love Ghostbusters 1 and 2, but that trash 2016 reboot left such a bad taste in my mouth that I really don't want them to drive this franchise any deeper into the ground even if it ends up being good. I'd rather them not risk it. I'm also burnt out of Star Wars as the last good SW film to me is Return of the Jedi while the prequels/sequels were proof you cant strike lightning in a bottle twice and should had been left alone.

They need to learn from the success of the John Wick franchise to make new ones! I think the way to do justice is merchandise, games, comics, books and all as it's fair game than having it again on film.

Let's move on and try new cinematic franchises as i support new franchises. Being a Ghostbusters fan on film is like having a like an old sick dying pet, The good times were amazing and deep down you still love it, but keeping it alive now is just cruel and it's time to get the gun to put it down.

Last edited by Egon1982; 01-23-2019 at 11:34 AM.
Egon1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 10:11 AM   #108
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

regarding that long as post from above

hmmm didn't I read this same eye sore on The Blu Ray Forums. Oh Hi DenofEarth. didn't you just get suspended from that site for posting your long whiny Manifestos that nobody wants to read
Old 01-23-2019, 11:41 AM   #109
Egon1982
Hench Mutant

Well what i'm saying is the honest and heartfelt high standard truth about the bottom line as i'm a truthful person with a passion for movies.

And it's true, your just gonna get diminishing returns and i'm tired of the cinematic nostalgia train as it should crash and stop hurting i's legacy, plus how i feel this franchise died with Ramis. All i want is new franchises like Wick i mentioned, it's something completely different and i just want some past cinematic franchises to have their corpses buried in a coffin and stay in the ground to rest in peace as it earned it's retirement from film.

i mean, look at Back to the Future for example, they don't mess with the legacy it left and they know you cannot recreate lightning in a bottle being the trilogy as Universal does different merchandise, caps, t-shirts, games, comics and all to respect the fans's love of the amazing trilogy.
Egon1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 09:18 PM   #110
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Sony has scheduled the film for release on July 10, 2020.

https://deadline.com/2019/01/morbius...20-1202542336/
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 10:33 PM   #111
Leo656
The Franchise

Ah, sh*t.

Hardlining your release date before you have a script or a cast is always a bad sign.

Fingers crossed, but... does anyone else feel like they basically just bet the entire farm on the reaction to the teaser? Like, "If this gets people talking, we go into fast-track production, otherwise we go back to square one"? Because it's starting to feel like that to me.

Like they had absolutely nothing on paper until a few days ago, and now they're rushing it to meet a release date. That's how it feels and it has me concerned. A year and some change isn't typically long enough to make a good movie. Two years is generally the least you need, more if it's a very SFX-heavy picture.

I'unno. The fact that they've only announced that "We're doing a movie" and "Here's when it comes out" seems way, way off. I expected we'd hear more about the script and cast before we went right to being able to pre-order tickets on Fandango. Seems weird.

Old 01-25-2019, 11:46 PM   #112
Wildcat
Foot Elite

But that’s what I meant. More work could already be done than we know. Stuff you can do without announcing it. Script, locations etc. Almost anything besides actual shooting.

Script might be the easiest thing in this case. Use or retool one of the many already done. I wouldn’t even be surprised if any actors unofficially agreed but can not admit it until some other point.

You really think they’d do it totally backwards? Teaser, script, cast, production? That makes no sense.
Old 01-26-2019, 12:00 AM   #113
Leo656
The Franchise

Yes I do because it happens all the tiiiiiiiiime.

Even Dark Knight Rises had a release date before they even had a script, which Nolan has been publicly open about in apologizing for that film's relatively inferior quality to the first two. He wasn't even sure what the story was going to be, but he had WB executives screaming at him about hitting the release date; the movie was visibly rushed and quite sloppy in comparison to the previous two, which Nolan, to his credit, has admitted and apologized for more than once. It wasn't his fault, he did the best he could, but he and everyone involved has said that it wasn't the movie they really wanted to make. It's not terrible but it suffered greatly for being such a rush job.

As for this movie, Ernie Hudson literally just came out the other day and said bluntly that his phone hasn't rang, that he'll gladly do it if he's asked but nobody has asked him yet. Why would he lie about that? Especially when it was the producers who jumped the gun and said, "YEAH, the original guys are gonna be in it too! We think, maybe. Probably."

The next day, Dan and Ernie both go online and say, "This is as much news to us as it is to you. Nobody's talked to us about anything, but we hope they do so we can say yes." But they haven't.

They have NOTHING "official" and supposedly only put out casting feelers less than a week ago... but they have a release date locked in. That's not how this stuff is supposed to work, and when it does, the result is usually X-Men III.

It doesn't have to make sense, they just have to get something out before everyone decides they don't care. People are excited Right Now, and they want to capitalize on that. I get it, but... they're not handling this project in a way that displays confidence. More like panic.

Again... we'll see. Listen, I absolutely want this to turn out well WAY more than you do. But I'll get excited when I actually see something worth getting excited about, and I'll give them credit for it once they actually do the work. Not before. If they don't eat their meat they can't have any pudding.

Last edited by Leo656; 01-26-2019 at 12:06 AM.
Old 01-26-2019, 12:21 AM   #114
Wildcat
Foot Elite

I didn’t know about Dark Knight Rise. I’ve actually never seen it or read about it.

Ernie Hudson said they have not approached him with a contract. That does not equal “I’m totally out of the loop”. Even so he’s made it apparent he’ll do it.

Where did Dan Aykroyd say it was news to him? He brought it up first not long ago in some interview. So I don’t know about that.

I personally don’t believe any news is “news” to Dan. The leaked emails show he knew about the reboot before too I think. They also made that GhostCorps studio to specifically focus on Ghostbusters.

Sure lot of things might get rushed but I’m willing to give the benefit of the doubt.
Old 01-26-2019, 12:26 AM   #115
Leo656
The Franchise

Yeah, I notice you have a habit of doin' that.

Old 01-26-2019, 12:37 AM   #116
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Aw come on. Your habit is assuming movies will turn out bad or nobody actually cares

I just looked it up. It was the Dan Rather interview. That was in November but nobody believed him. I didn’t either because he’s said so many times. At least this time it seems he was right.
Old 01-26-2019, 01:19 AM   #117
Leo656
The Franchise

Yeah but statistically I'm right way more often than not, so...

Again, I refuse to do a jig just because a producer of a failing franchise made a desperate play for my affections one last time. If it turns out good, I'll say so. Not before.

Last time, they deliberately told me to go get f*cked, because as an older fan who happened to be of the white male persuasion I was somehow a "toxic presence" in the fandom I clung to for several years after everyone else stopped giving a sh*t, until the internet was suddenly a thing and nostalgia was "cool". I was the "Last Diehard" before that, and my reward for my undying loyalty to this franchise in the face of the constant ridicule of my peers was, "We don't need You Fans anymore, we want better fans now." Then their little FemBusters project sucked a fat one, and NOW they want me to care. They're gonna need to scrub a little harder if they want me to gush, I'm not even half-hard yet.

They can promise and lie and do whatever they want; I'm not giving them an inch until I see something worth celebrating. More than a fan-film quality YouTube trailer and a release date that may as well be next week, for as "easy" as it is to get a big SFX movie off the ground. The last movie looked like sh*t, visually; they shouldn't rush things.

Again, if it's good, I'll gladly say so. If it's bad, I'll gladly sh*t on it. I can't speak to whether anyone else will be able to do the same. I want it to be good, but I'm not gonna cheerlead them. They f*cked up. Now they're doing the thing where your Dad buys you a new toy you asked for, to make up for drunkenly whipping your ass. Not exactly "noble" of them.

There's simply no reason to gush over them at this point. We simply don't know enough, and what we do know isn't very reassuring. We know they loved the last one, and think we're all stupid for not buying it. We know this project is the metaphorical equivalent of them on their knees begging for another chance, swearing that they've changed and won't ever stray again. We know that people who don't understand WHY they were wrong in the first place never truly change their ways; at least if you've ever been in therapy. Above all, we know they desperately want another hit franchise because they hate sharing Spider-Man with Disney, and it's pretty much this or... well, it's gotta be this. And we know that less than two years ago, they flat-out said, "We'll be fine; we don't need YOU." And now, we know they're sorry. And more than a little desperate.

Those are the things we KNOW; everything else is conjecture. Based on that... yeah, I'll dance when I hear music, not before. Right now, I'm hearing the same bullsh*t the Platinum Dunes people were spewing, and we know how that turned out.

BUT. If it's good, then it's good. I'll make that call If and When. Way too early to be excited about anything whatsoever. As I've implied before, after a certain number of disappointments you learn how to see sh*t coming, and you figure out how to duck before you even see the swing. The alternative stings after a while.

Old 01-26-2019, 02:51 AM   #118
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Ghostbusters never stopped being popular though. It’s just the legal issues kept holding it back. I’m sure they would have made more sooner.

(NOT trying to start anything anyone, I’m just replying)

I genuinely do not think the reboot was intended to persuade anyone of anything. It was another remake that had an unimaginable reaction. Even before all the PC/sexism arguments.

I remember reading the announcement on IMDb and not thinking much of it and then it blew up like nothing before. People rose up like it was the end of cinema.

That people would be so grotesquely offended by the existence of a movie amazes me. It disappoints me a little too. Not for the movie’s sake but that people chose to make a movie that important. It’s something truly historic that happened. As silly as that sounds.

I thought the reboot effects were fine but could be better used. Like more creative scenes. The giant Rowan/Ghost at the end looked cool.
Old 01-26-2019, 09:02 AM   #119
Leo656
The Franchise

Sure it did. There's a chance some of it was regional, but I can attest that proudly wearing a Ghostbusters shirt after 1990, 1991 at the latest, was a great way to get teased by the other kids for liking "old" stuff that wasn't popular anymore. At least around here it was.

I can only speak to my own experience, not having the internet until 2000, but for the entirety of the 1990s I never talked to anyone who ever gave a sh*t about Ghostbusters, except to maybe briefly talk about it in terms of something they watched as kids but were "too cool" for now.

It wasn't a forgotten relic 0f the 80s like "Teen Wolf" or whatever, but it definitely wasn't "popular". That's revisionist history.

Old 01-26-2019, 10:25 AM   #120
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Honestly. At this point, I don't really care all that much for a third "real" GB movie. That train left when Ramis passed, and it should have been made around 2006-2010 when Rocky Balboa, John Rambo, Red and Expendables was going on, they're a bit late on the "old retired people doing cool ****" movie fad.

This can so easily be the next Blues Brothers 2000, and thanks I hate it.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote