The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 10-12-2017, 02:35 PM   #1
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Beetlejuice 2 is happening from WB

https://deadline.com/2017/10/beetlej...on-1202184970/

EXCLUSIVE: Mike Vukadinovich will rewrite Beetlejuice 2 at Warner Brothers, a project that has been long gestating as a re-pairing of Tim Burton and Michael Keaton. No deals are anywhere near done with Burton or Keaton but Deadline hears that the two — who are currently working on Dumbo at Disney — have been excited at the thought of collaborating on a sequel. Seth Grahame-Smith and David Katzenberg of KatzSmith Productions would produce this one.

The original Beetlejuice was directed by Burton in 1988 and has become a cult favorite. In fact, it was recently re-released and is playing in two theaters in Los Angeles now. Released by Warner Bros., the fantasy comedy starred Alec Baldwin and Geena Davis as ghosts who haunt their old home. When a little girl (Winona Ryder) accidentally unleashes a mischievous ghost (Keaton), the ghosts try to drive the homeowners (Catherine O’Hara and Jeffrey Jones) out of the house.

Vukadinovich’s most recent film work is Rememory, a science-fiction drama that premiered at the Sundance Film Festival earlier this year and was acquired by Lionsgate. Based on his original screenplay, that project stars Peter Dinklage and Julie Ormond. He also wrote Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride, based on the Disneyland ride, for Disney with Justin Springer producing and Pete Candeland attached to direct. We see that he also wrote for the upcoming season of Marvel’s Runaways for Hulu, ABC Studios, and Josh Schwartz, and co-wrote the pilot Horrorstory with Josh Schwartz at Fox, and Gail Berman and Charlie Kaufman executive producing.
Old 10-12-2017, 04:17 PM   #2
Powder
So tired of this place

Blah blah blah. This gets a thread once a year. I'll believe it when I see a trailer.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 04:28 PM   #3
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Beetlejuice 2 has been "happening" for nearly 30 years.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 04:56 PM   #4
CyberCubed
Overlord

Michael Keaton would be playing "old man Beetlejuice" at this point. He's over 30+ years older than he was when the first came out.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 04:58 PM   #5
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Its like I said on the bluray.com forums. beetlejuice 2 is like Bill and Ted Face The Music. I will believe it when I see it
Old 10-12-2017, 07:36 PM   #6
drgon78
Mad Scientist

I hope it does happen this time and is actually good. I am not expecting anything as good as the original but still hope it is a good movie.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 11:21 PM   #7
sdp
-

The new Spawn movie will be filming next year according to McFarlane for the 40th time, I'm sure the trailer for Beetlejuice 2 will be attached to it.

I was just thinking the other day what a great movie the original Beetlejuice is, it doesn't have anything amazing in it but the weird mix of odd stuff in it just gives a great experience that isn't particularly amazing in any one thing. It would be hard to re-create and doubt it could but that would not stop me from checking it out.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 08:55 AM   #8
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

Hasn't this film been in talks for years? Shoot, I was hoping it died since
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote