The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 05-27-2010, 11:05 PM   #61
Spitfire
Writer • Director

Great the guy whose produced a bunch of the recent, and utterly horrid, horror movie remakes. He's also produced his own ****** movies. Not the best idea in my book but if he's just tossing money at it and using his name to gain public attention I'm fine with it. He just needs to keep his bad ideas to himself.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:07 PM   #62
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Great the guy whose produced a bunch of the recent, and utterly horrid, horror movie remakes. He's also produced his own ****** movies. Not the best idea in my book but if he's just tossing money at it and using his name to gain public attention I'm fine with it. He just needs to keep his bad ideas to himself.
Bay is pretty hands-off on things at Platinum Dunes (at least, creatively). Relax.

And the Friday the 13th "remake" (it wasn't) was a pretty cleverly made movie. And the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake was darn chilling, if you ask me. Can't comment on the Nightmare remake as I haven't seen it, but I'll say that it seems "unnecessary."
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:23 PM   #63
PizzaFan87
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
1. People whining about Bay inserting explosions and nonsense are just knee-jerking, and otherwise aren't really well versed in the politics or track record of Platinum Dunes.
Platinum Dunes is only involved because of Michael Bay. All they've ever done is remakes of old horror movies. That doesn't qualify them to make a Ninja Turtles film. Essentially, Michael Bay made Paramount lots and lots of money with Transformers so they now want him to do the same with TMNT. So, Platinum Dunes' track record is irrelevant. This will be a Michael Bay movie directed by someone else - like Con Air. Remember that flick?
PizzaFan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:26 PM   #64
sdp
-

Yeah Dunes has only made mediocre horror remakes. And yeah Bay is not Directing so that means you can't make Transformers comparisons in casting and explosions necessarily.

The good news in this means Paramount is definitely going to put money into the movie and that it'll likely be PG-13 aimed at both audiences.

And anyways all I'm saying is don't bash that new member because he wants an OT movie, it could happen. Its the only version of the majority care about and the only widely successful one I think it could work too. The new movie needs to have a fresh take and not just be an update of the original movie, similar to how Batman 89 and Begins didn't really retread ground so yeah I don't want a straight adaptation. Oh and I'm not implying I want OT as the new movie.

The first news from the movies is that it'd be more like the comic books and BBegins and it'd come out in 2011. Then TMNT got sold and the movie got changed to 2012, some people thought the 2011 movie had been cancelled but it was cleared up by someone who I forget who that it was the same movie and everything was the same just the release date changed. So if we go by that the movie should still be based on the comics and be like BBegins. Then again Paramount IS in control so they could change the idea if they really wanted to.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:39 PM   #65
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Yeah Dunes has only made mediocre horror remakes.
Mega blockbuster horror remakes... all of which very hard R. I'd say that gives them pretty good stock toward doing a pretty hardcore ninja action movie.

Though for the concern you mention I'd imagine -- actually, no, it's pretty much a given -- that there's folks at Platinum Dunes that are pretty hardcore TMNT fans that put together a pretty solid, pretty convincing pitch to Paramount to seal this deal.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:43 PM   #66
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist

I'm excited at least we have news. I guess I'll just have to wait to see more as it comes. I'm not going to say it is bad but can't say it is good either.
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:43 PM   #67
Powder
So tired of this place

I didn't intend to bash the dude so I hope it didn't come across that way, no bad blood implied. I'm also not bashing the OT. Thing is, alot of us here have said in the original thread that the TMNT need somewhat of a makeover, & in being more violent, & more directly comic based it would suggest these aren't the pizza scarfing airheads the 'casual fans' 'know and love'. I mean hey, down the line I would love an OT movie. Really, I would. But in this time, where the TMNT are to be 'reborn', they need to be seen in a different light.

Heres hoping for some wildly choreographed fights. They don't have to be overly physical but I'd love for there to be some acrobatic-esque jumps & such, haha. Thats just me though & I'm sure others would prefer the 'realistic' type deal.

Boy I wish we could get red bandanas though. Its a curse to never see what you love get noticed. Marketing is a bitch.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:48 PM   #68
sdp
-

Quote:
Mega blockbuster horror remakes... all of which very hard R. I'd say that gives them pretty good stock toward doing a pretty hardcore ninja action movie.

Though for the concern you mention I'd imagine -- actually, no, it's pretty much a given -- that there's folks at Platinum Dunes that are pretty hardcore TMNT fans that put together a pretty solid, pretty convincing pitch to Paramount to seal this deal.
Andrew, have you ever read your posts? I hate to break it to you but the TMNT movie you want is never going to happen. It would make an awesome movie don't get me wrong but its not going to happen(period) and its also not the best for the franchise. So don't get your hopes up, this movie will be PG13 aimed at kids and an older audience like Transformers and other superhero movies.

Producers is just a way to put a name out there, remember how Steven Speilberg "produced" Transformers? This is to give the movie attention which is good but nothing else.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 12:16 AM   #69
PizzaFan87
Thug

Quote:
Mega blockbuster horror remakes...
Mega blockbuster is a bit of an exaggeration. Their highest grossing movie is Texas Chainsaw Massacre with $80.5 million domestically.
PizzaFan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 12:27 AM   #70
Luzmagica
A Magic Light Dudette!

Well ...I like hear news about the movie ....News said that Bay is going to be producer, not a word about direction (at least it promises a good production)....Just worried about its going to be the first film in "other territory" for a Company without enough experience...Comments , please...???
Old 05-28-2010, 12:30 AM   #71
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Quote:
Andrew, have you ever read your posts? I hate to break it to you but the TMNT movie you want is never going to happen.

I dont know what to think about Bay producing. Time will tell.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 12:44 AM   #72
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself

Have you ever heard the expression that “there is no such thing as bad publicity”? Well I believe that holds true in this situation.

Let's have a look at the Transformers. Is Michael Bay my favorite person? No, probably not. Do I take issue with how the Transformers movie franchise is progressing? As much as the next fan I guess. However; even if you despise the Transformers movies...you saw them didn't you? Of course you did. You know what every Transformers fan in the world did? They went and saw the movies, and although they bitched and moaned the entire time...something remarkable happened after wards... Many people who's fandom had lain dormant for years, was suddenly rekindled. Through 2 (and probably 3) not the greatest films, their love for the franchise was born anew, even if just so they could feel just in hating the new films! Suddenly they are talking about the property, spending money on it again, and extending the legacy of the brand.

If anything remotely close to that happens with the Turtles because of Michael Bay's involvement, then mission absolutely accomplished in my book. If it takes a critically “meh” summer blockbuster to put my boys in green back on the map...then so-goddamn-be it! Worst case scenario? We get a so-so film that injects new money and fanbase into the brand, as well as wakes up some old fans. Best case scenario? We get taken by surprise and we get some AWESOME movies, and the other stuff still happens!

Either way...I'm all for it!
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 01:05 AM   #73
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Andrew, have you ever read your posts? I hate to break it to you but the TMNT movie you want is never going to happen.
You're simply not in possession of all the facts. =)
Old 05-28-2010, 01:24 AM   #74
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaFan87 View Post
Mega blockbuster is a bit of an exaggeration. Their highest grossing movie is Texas Chainsaw Massacre with $80.5 million domestically.
With a global take of $107,071,655 and a budget of only 9 million (about a fourth of the last TMNT movie's production budget) it certainly takes notice.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:44 AM   #75
Luzmagica
A Magic Light Dudette!

so....all of you agree its a very good positive new???
Old 05-28-2010, 01:46 AM   #76
Raph
Mad Scientist

It's morning here and I just read it all. I'm excited. Michael Bay can do good and do so-so. But he's producing it. We will have to wait and see who's directing it!

Good or bad, with Bay included some kind of hype is bound to happen again. Let's hope for the best and wait!
Old 05-28-2010, 01:49 AM   #77
Luzmagica
A Magic Light Dudette!

Yep,!! This forum is going to boil in the next months with every single news about it!!!
Old 05-28-2010, 01:58 AM   #78
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I'm divided about these news, good to get some information about the TMNT movie, but Bay....
if he's a producer and just the piggie bank, I see some hope.
Chainsaw massacre and Friday 13th was fun enough
but if he's the director I'll abandon all hope. he's nothing but a man-child smearing feces over his movies, and it shows.

Shia Leblouf will probably play Casey Jones
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 02:03 AM   #79
Raph
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwamu The Kappa View Post
I'm divided about these news, good to get some information about the TMNT movie, but Bay....
if he's a producer and just the piggie bank, I see some hope.
Chainsaw massacre and Friday 13th was fun enough
but if he's the director I'll abandon all hope. he's nothing but a man-child smearing feces over his movies, and it shows.

Shia Leblouf will probably play Casey Jones
Only if he'll produce it, and like Transformers, if he'd direct it, then the first TMNT movie would be awesome.
Old 05-28-2010, 02:10 AM   #80
Luzmagica
A Magic Light Dudette!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph View Post
Only if he'll produce it, and like Transformers, if he'd direct it, then the first TMNT movie would be awesome.
....I like/enjoy Transformers movies...just didnt like so much all the human story of second part (too large IMO...)....but i must recognise the Robots were very well done...

Last edited by Luzmagica; 05-28-2010 at 02:23 AM.
Luzmagica is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
live action films