The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 06-08-2015, 05:40 PM   #21
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlefanforever View Post
What exactly was wrong with the looney tunes show? I thought it was very well done. It wasn't supposed to be like the original looney tunes. it was updated for youth, and it was done perfectly so. And don't try and use it's "cancellation" as reasoning. Because it was one of the top rated shows, the creators only planned for 52 episodes and refused to do more.
Nick's TMNT were updated for the youth & is a top rated show, but you dislike that & you're well within your right to. So just let the guy be.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 05:56 PM   #22
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

get over yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Nick's TMNT were updated for the youth & is a top rated show, but you dislike that & you're well within your right to. So just let the guy be.
There's a difference, whereas the Looney tunes show was fantastic, the nick tmnt is a steaming pile of crap.

There are plenty of other users saying that same thing to him as i did about the looney tunes show but you selected me to throw your self-righteous spiel on. Which is quite ironic knowing your history making fun of the mentally handicapped and attacking other users. You're very sheltered here because you're friendly with the mods, which grants you immunity from being banned unfortunately. Whereas if anyone else said the same things you have said and the amount of times you've done or said them they would have been banned already. And If i said the exact thing you just said to me, i'd be getting a message from jester. Thus making it impossible to truly improve this site and make it a friendlier place.

If you want to pimp out your art to people and talk about how great you think you are and how you're so much better than everybody, fine. Just don't go bringing that crap to me cause I'll call you out on it every single time.
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 06:00 PM   #23
Powder
So tired of this place

Lol okay buddy

I have tried to be civil with you, answer your questions, comment on your thoughts & findings, but you insist on holding a grudge over your wildly misguided impression of me. That's fine.

Old 06-08-2015, 06:04 PM   #24
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Know this already. Hope the quality writing returns. The later seasons of PPG were awfully written.

Quote:
There's a difference, whereas the Looney tunes show was fantastic, the nick tmnt is a steaming pile of crap.
Nick tmnt is crap? You need to get with the time and buy yourself a new set of standards, cause yours have expired.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 06:15 PM   #25
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

New images

Spoiler:

Also, Tom Kenny will return as the Narrator/Mayor: http://mashable.com/2015/06/08/your-...m-fb-main-link

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 06:16 PM   #26
CyberCubed
Overlord

They look almost exactly the same. Feels like they're just making new episodes where they left off rather than a reboot.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 06:25 PM   #27
Powder
So tired of this place

I really don't wanna seem like that stereotypical geek who nitpicks minor stuff but I dislike the cowlick. Did they really have to add something to convey that Buttercup is the rough & tumble one? It's like how Bay-Don got glasses to convey geekdom. They look fine of course, but yeah, I find this whole "The character should have a thing that immediately tells you their personality" design trope rather irksome. It's not gonna stop me from watching the show or anything like though, it's just a minor quip.

Old 06-08-2015, 06:48 PM   #28
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Buttercup spiky hair bugged me... like the rest of her hair is smooth and tidy except the lil bit on the top of her head?? My OCD is disturbed.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 06:57 PM   #29
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
After that god awful special they just had, I can't say I'm excited.
I would not say it was god awful. I like the story line of the dancing pants in one of Mojo's plans.

The problem with it was dang too bright, I could not tell really what was going on. It was like they draw the sun in like every shot or something. Had they darken the color tone, by like a LOT. Perhaps make the girls look, well, you know, like the Powerpuff girls, than the odd designs they used, it would have been better.

My main problem was of course, it was way too bright. You could hardly tell what was going on with the sun right in your eyes, and no I was not staring out side, but at my TV. lol.
turtle1237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 07:01 PM   #30
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Know this already. Hope the quality writing returns. The later seasons of PPG were awfully written.

Nick tmnt is crap? You need to get with the time and buy yourself a new set of standards, cause yours have expired.
I enjoy all the seasons, they had more bad showings more often in the later seasons, but the last episode was a home run hit, were Mojo grew the Girls into Giants, and they could not do a thing with out destroying the city by mistake. And Mojo was just out in the open stealing stuff. Good times. It was funny and wacky. I loved how the girls "Fix" the tower with chewing gum and it was wiggling left and right, and the people were screaming.

That last one was amazing.
Old 06-08-2015, 07:03 PM   #31
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle1237 View Post
I would not say it was god awful. I like the story line of the dancing pants in one of Mojo's plans.

The problem with it was dang too bright, I could not tell really what was going on. It was like they draw the sun in like every shot or something. Had they darken the color tone, by like a LOT. Perhaps make the girls look, well, you know, like the Powerpuff girls, than the odd designs they used, it would have been better.

My main problem was of course, it was way too bright. You could hardly tell what was going on with the sun right in your eyes, and no I was not staring out side, but at my TV. lol.
Sure, too bright. Also it wasn't written very well and it wasn't funny.
Old 06-08-2015, 07:09 PM   #32
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
Sure, too bright. Also it wasn't written very well and it wasn't funny.
I loved the line with lose the mullet, Science does not flow with that , had me laughing. I like the ideal of the dancing pants, it didn't turn out great. It had potential to be something, but it failed on its face.
Old 06-09-2015, 05:41 AM   #33
drgon78
Mad Scientist

I like these "new" designs and hope they are legit.

I actually liked a lot of the later episodes of the original series.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 08:41 AM   #34
THGhost
Puppet Master

Love the new designs, very similar to the originals. Thank God they didn't use the designs from that "Dance Pantsed Special"; those were awful.

It's a shame about the voices though being different, hopefully the new ones will be just as similar. Nice that the Narrator and Mayor will be the same.

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 11:31 AM   #35
drgon78
Mad Scientist

It wouldn't be the same without the original voices, they could have least got Tara Strong for Bubbles.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 12:33 PM   #36
Amaranthus
Banned

Quote:
You really want me to bring up the Marvel Animated Universe again, don't you?
Amaranthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 12:42 PM   #37
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Tara Strong said on Twitter that Cartoon Network didn't even bother to ask if her EG Daily and Cathy Cavadini if they wanted to reprise their roles as the PowerPuff Girls. They were quite annoyed by that on twitter. I don't blame them.

tara strong ‏@tarastrong 18h18 hours ago

I have NO ILL FEELINGS 4 the actresses in the new #ppg, We were just beyond hurt we were NEVER asked..every role I breathe life into I love
Old 06-09-2015, 12:53 PM   #38
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

I don't get why she feels like she should be asked, anyway. New show, new actors. Can't be the same forever. Makes sense to me.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 01:19 PM   #39
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
I don't get why she feels like she should be asked, anyway. New show, new actors. Can't be the same forever. Makes sense to me.
You can't really blame her for feeling that way though. According to Tom Kenny, they're even bringing back Roger L. Jackson as Mojo Jojo and Jennifer Hale as Ms. Keane (Though not as Princess Morbucks). So in reality if they could bring back at least three actors from the original series, there's no reason they couldn't bring back the original actresses for the girls.

Not that I'm knocking down the new girls, I'm sure they'll do fine. But I can understand how Tara must feel since this a character she's voiced for years and would love to do it again in a heartbeat.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 01:23 PM   #40
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:

There are plenty of other users saying that same thing to him as i did about the looney tunes show but you selected me to throw your self-righteous spiel on. Which is quite ironic knowing your history making fun of the mentally handicapped and attacking other users. You're very sheltered here because you're friendly with the mods, which grants you immunity from being banned unfortunately. Whereas if anyone else said the same things you have said and the amount of times you've done or said them they would have been banned already. And If i said the exact thing you just said to me, i'd be getting a message from jester. Thus making it impossible to truly improve this site and make it a friendlier place.

If you want to pimp out your art to people and talk about how great you think you are and how you're so much better than everybody, fine. Just don't go bringing that crap to me cause I'll call you out on it every single time.
People are getting sick and tired of your Nick Turtles hate in every other topic. Stop acting like all the members are out to get you. They are not you are just annoying.