The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 06-23-2014, 12:47 PM   #61
JTH
"ME"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Omg. Lmao. You and him are mirror images of each other.

I wouldn't consider 2k3 'next mutation 2' but it is pretty forgettable. I blame the last 3 seasons. Especially when the writes themselves felt they couldn't come up with other seasons unless it relied on some kind of gimmick.
It is forgettable, but not for any reasons the show did.

I have friends to this day that never knew there was a Turtles cartoon in 2003, there are some that wouldn't know about the Nick cartoon unless I told them about it some three months ago, and both are for the same reason.

Because neither are/were advertised or promoted outside of the network. Nickelodeon doesn't run any ads about their show outside Nick, hell they barely do it on their own network. The only time they promote the show is when the show is on.

Fox did the same with the 2K3 show. I already knew about the show, but if I didn't I would have never known about the show because they never promoted it outside the network or outside Saturday morning. I saw more ads for the toys than the show itself, and for all we know that was their plan to sell the toys first and the ratings for the show was a bonus.

But when you don't promote the show on other networks, how do you expect new people to see it? When you only advertise to a remote amount of people, it's safe to conclude that only a remote amount of people will watch the show. And with 50 billion channels now a days, it's even harder to do to the point networks don't even try for you're only getting a slight percentage more of people to see the ads.

The '87 show benefited from "Less is More", only about 6-8 channels back in the day, so everybody and their dog saw and heard about the show at some point. Early millennium to today is almost impossible to promote and advertise.
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 01:10 PM   #62
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
The TMNT anime is better than Next Mutation, TMNT, & the 4kids series, bruh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth View Post
Early millennium to today is almost impossible to promote and advertise.
Unless you decide to take the Spongebob approach and take over the whole network! Part of why I stopped watching Nick back in the day was because it was basically the Spongebob channel.

I don't know about 2012's toy line, but I do remember 2k3's toy line at least advertising what channel you could watch the show on when you looked at the package. A kid that saw the toys in the store could easily look at them, see the network logo, and start watching the show that way. But you are right, the marketing was really bad for 2k3 TMNT, as well as 2k12. I only know about the latter at all because of my general interest in the fandom, but I suppose I don't count since I don't have Nickelodeon anyway. No cable. Only get that at my grandmother's!

That's okay, Vortexx is much better anyway
Old 06-23-2014, 06:23 PM   #63
Leo656
The Franchise

^^That gif makes me chuckle. I needed that, having a horrible day. Luckily Rainbow Dash makes everything 20% more awesome.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:15 PM   #64
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie View Post
Uh. Then its pretty shocking that X-Men vol. 2 No. 1 is the best-selling comic book of all-time with sales of over 8.1 million copies & almost $7 million, according to Guinness World Records. Started by a sales boom that predated the cartoon by a year.

But, you know, X-Men weren't popular before the cartoon or movie.
For comic fans maybe but ask the average Joe on the street or anyone not into comics and they wouldn't know what you're talking about.

At least where I was, no one was talking about the xmen before the cartoon aired.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 08:55 PM   #65
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
^^That gif makes me chuckle. I needed that, having a horrible day. Luckily Rainbow Dash makes everything 20% more awesome.
Glad it cheered you up. Rainbow Dash is amazing.
Old 06-23-2014, 09:11 PM   #66
Leo656
The Franchise

High-5. There's an awesome shirt I've had my eye on, I just keep forgetting to order it. I might get two, just to wear one for my entrance for every match I'll ever have from now on.

Old 06-24-2014, 12:38 AM   #67
tmntpower1988
Stone Warrior

I already own all the OT seasons on DVD but I would be tempted to buy that complete series turtle van set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Collector Guy View Post
JUST RELEASE the full 2003 cartoon in a set, please? This is really getting ridiculous. OK, well, it was already ridiculous, but now it's even more so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliance View Post
nones making noise!! no one CARES about seeing 4 kids [except their 4 fans] they wont sell and that's all there is to it.. OT sells cause its a plain BETTER PRODUCT.. 4kids isn't..

WHY ISNT THERE A DEMAND FOR 4KIDS??????? why/?? cause its not entertaining, its considered the next mutation#2 of the turtles series to be honest with you..
Don't even compare the 2k3 series to the next mutation abomination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
The TMNT anime is better than Next Mutation, TMNT, & the 4kids series, bruh.
Tbh I prefer the anime over the next mutation but definately not the 4kids series lol

Last edited by tmntpower1988; 06-24-2014 at 12:51 AM.
tmntpower1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 04:30 AM   #68
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliance View Post
nones making noise!! no one CARES about seeing 4 kids [except their 4 fans] they wont sell and that's all there is to it.. OT sells cause its a plain BETTER PRODUCT.. 4kids isn't..

WHY ISNT THERE A DEMAND FOR 4KIDS??????? why/?? cause its not entertaining, its considered the next mutation#2 of the turtles series to be honest with you..
Seriously, we doing this again?

Try watching the series instead of mindlessly bashing it as usual.
Old 06-24-2014, 05:00 AM   #69
pingclang
Stone Warrior

Its nuts how many folks are bashing 2k3. I mean it is a Turtles property and handled well. Does that mean nothing or am I the only who pretty much likes everything the Turtles are in? (the anime and NM are pretty rough)
pingclang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 05:06 AM   #70
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingclang View Post
Its nuts how many folks are bashing 2k3. I mean it is a Turtles property and handled well. Does that mean nothing or am I the only who pretty much likes everything the Turtles are in? (the anime and NM are pretty rough)
Completely agree.

This is why i don't get Alliance's hate for it
Old 06-24-2014, 06:32 AM   #71
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth View Post
It is forgettable, but not for any reasons the show did.

I have friends to this day that never knew there was a Turtles cartoon in 2003, there are some that wouldn't know about the Nick cartoon unless I told them about it some three months ago, and both are for the same reason.

Because neither are/were advertised or promoted outside of the network. Nickelodeon doesn't run any ads about their show outside Nick, hell they barely do it on their own network. The only time they promote the show is when the show is on.

Fox did the same with the 2K3 show. I already knew about the show, but if I didn't I would have never known about the show because they never promoted it outside the network or outside Saturday morning. I saw more ads for the toys than the show itself, and for all we know that was their plan to sell the toys first and the ratings for the show was a bonus.

But when you don't promote the show on other networks, how do you expect new people to see it? When you only advertise to a remote amount of people, it's safe to conclude that only a remote amount of people will watch the show. And with 50 billion channels now a days, it's even harder to do to the point networks don't even try for you're only getting a slight percentage more of people to see the ads.

The '87 show benefited from "Less is More", only about 6-8 channels back in the day, so everybody and their dog saw and heard about the show at some point. Early millennium to today is almost impossible to promote and advertise.
Maybe in 10-20 years, TMNT 2k3 will be looked as some sort of hidden gem from the 00s.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 07:29 AM   #72
pingclang
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatswiththeheadbands? View Post
Completely agree.

This is why i don't get Alliance's hate for it
Yeah. I've never understood the serious mad-on aimed at 2k3 from Alliance. I can see not liking it but taking a massive dump all over it isn't necessary.
Old 06-24-2014, 07:53 AM   #73
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Even the new live action movie?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 10:18 AM   #74
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Its just a few trolls like Alliance.

There are some genuine flaws with the 2k3 series, but at least those people explain their critics clearly. Alliance is just a troll.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 11:18 AM   #75
pingclang
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Even the new live action movie?
Left that one out. The designs suck but I haven't seen it yet so I can't judge too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Its just a few trolls like Alliance.

There are some genuine flaws with the 2k3 series, but at least those people explain their critics clearly. Alliance is just a troll.
Trolls are gonna troll. 2k3 is flawed and I'm not blind to that but it's still a good show.
Old 06-24-2014, 01:13 PM   #76
Leo656
The Franchise

One of the better cartoons of its era, in my opinion. TMNT, Masters of the Universe and Justice League pretty much killed everything else.

Old 06-24-2014, 01:23 PM   #77
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Quote:
Yeah. I've never understood the serious mad-on aimed at 2k3 from Alliance. I can see not liking it but taking a massive dump all over it isn't necessary.
They're just a troll, but my experience in the Pokémon, Yu-Gi-Oh, and Sonic fandoms have taught me that there are a LOT of people that have massive hateboners for 4Kids and will mindlessly bash every single thing the company does, whether it's actually well done or not. Outside of TMNT and Pokémon, 4Kids has an atrocious reputation.

But they aren't even the same company they used to be now, so hearing people still talking about them as if they were still relevant makes me feel like I've actually time travelled back into 2006. Way to go, Alliance.
Old 06-24-2014, 01:30 PM   #78
pingclang
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netkeeper View Post
They're just a troll, but my experience in the Pokémon, Yu-Gi-Oh, and Sonic fandoms have taught me that there are a LOT of people that have massive hateboners for 4Kids and will mindlessly bash every single thing the company does, whether it's actually well done or not. Outside of TMNT and Pokémon, 4Kids has an atrocious reputation.

But they aren't even the same company they used to be now, so hearing people still talking about them as if they were still relevant makes me feel like I've actually time travelled back into 2006. Way to go, Alliance.
They handled TMNT well and that's all that matters. I give them credit for that.
Old 06-24-2014, 01:37 PM   #79
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Quote:
They handled TMNT well and that's all that matters. I give them credit for that.
They handled TMNT fabulously, though I do have to say that it might have partly been because of Peter Laird's influence. If you've ever read his blog entries about 2k3, you can definitely see that he stopped the writers from doing a lot of stupid ****. [Except FF/BTTS, that was beyond their control at that point]
Old 06-24-2014, 09:22 PM   #80
billbot85
Mad Scientist

This is great news. I can finally have another chance to get the Turtle Van DVD box set!!

GIFSoup
billbot85 is offline   Reply With Quote