The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 10-29-2017, 01:47 PM   #201
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
wonder if the Triceratons will have the same breathing problem with Earth's atmosphere just like the Utoms? a possible callback to the way the atmosphere was poisoning and causing brain damage to Zog back in the Mirage series?

i'm gonna guess probably not since they started out as Earth creatures.
though the Triceratons were seen breathing the same atmosphere as the Utroms in the 'Utrom Empire' mini-series.
Old 10-29-2017, 01:56 PM   #202
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Pepperoni is doing just fine too, so I expect they will.

But, to be fair, everyone seemed to be breathing just fine on Neutrino without any kind of protection, even Krang (who I've deduced needs a very low oxygen content to breathe safely). So I have no idea what's going on there.

Speaking of Pepperoni, I am very much looking forward to how they'd react to her. And I hope it's with endearment and fascination. Like a weird puppy. And a little confusion as to how she got there.

Most of all, I want Raphael to be scolded for feeding her things she shouldn't be eating. If only because it would be funny.
Old 10-29-2017, 02:05 PM   #203
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Pepperoni is doing just fine too, so I expect they will.

But, to be fair, everyone seemed to be breathing just fine on Neutrino without any kind of protection, even Krang (who I've deduced needs a very low oxygen content to breathe safely). So I have no idea what's going on there.

Speaking of Pepperoni, I am very much looking forward to how they'd react to her. And I hope it's with endearment and fascination. Like a weird puppy. And a little confusion as to how she got there.

Most of all, I want Raphael to be scolded for feeding her things she shouldn't be eating. If only because it would be funny.
but Pepperoni wasn't mutated and brought to live in Dimension X for years.

that is a good point about the Turtles not having breathing problems in Dimension X. it doesn't add up with certain plot points.
it's not a huge deal, but then again, it is pretty major since different breathing atmospheres was the whole reason Krang wanted to terraform the Earth.
Old 10-29-2017, 02:40 PM   #204
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Yeah, that's a good point about Pepperoni. Still, the atmosphere would still be a lot different for her in the present than it is now.

The inconsistency is pretty glaring all things considered. Especially since the Neutrinos can breathe on Earth and Utrominion without any aid, so what's up with that?
Old 10-29-2017, 02:55 PM   #205
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

I think a lot of this can simply be chalked up to comic book logic, or "The Rule of Cool". I know that Krang wanting to terraform Earth was a huge plot point, but seeing all the different lifeforms breathe in different atmospheres can be explained away pretty easily
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 02:56 PM   #206
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Yeah, that's a good point about Pepperoni. Still, the atmosphere would still be a lot different for her in the present than it is now.

The inconsistency is pretty glaring all things considered. Especially since the Neutrinos can breathe on Earth and Utrominion without any aid, so what's up with that?
AH! that's right! i'd forgotten the Neutrino's came to earth in issue #17 and were breathing just fine.
Old 10-29-2017, 03:06 PM   #207
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I would guess that Neutrino's oxygen is a "middle ground" that's low enough for Utroms, but not so low that humanoids wouldn't have any trouble.
Old 10-29-2017, 03:09 PM   #208
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
I would guess that Neutrino's oxygen is a "middle ground" that's low enough for Utroms, but not so low that humanoids wouldn't have any trouble.
i'll buy that.
Old 11-11-2017, 03:25 AM   #209
Ninjinister
無問題

I want an Injustice/TMNT comic so bad right now.
Old 11-11-2017, 05:52 AM   #210
spookycookies
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by myconius View Post
i'll buy that.
That is what I was thinking, the dimensions are ok for everyone to breath in but it was just Utrom as a home world that was not compatible with Earth. Right?
spookycookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 05:27 PM   #211
myconius
Abby Normal

i cannot believe i didn't just pull out and flip through the issues with Krang on Planet Neutrino sooner.

Every scene where Krang is on Planet Neutrino he is encased in his suit, which i'm assuming has a breathing apparatus. Krang's seen wearing the suit every time we see him on Earth.

in Issue #20 when Leonardo throws Shuriken at Krang.
the Shuriken pierce the protective glass of Krang's suit and Krang panics.

so now i'm thinking the atmosphere of Planet Neutrino might possibly closer to Earth's atmosphere.

but then again....

who knows? who cares?
Old 11-12-2017, 07:01 PM   #212
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Not to mention how many times the barrier breaks when he's on Earth, not just the shuriken!

Like when he went out into the hurricane to fix the generator, and has to haul himself back to safety, slipping down rocks until he hits flat ground, all in hundred-mile winds, with a broken shield. And he doesn't even get it fixed right away!

And when he does get back, he collapses in the stasis room after kicking out the scientists, I'd assume falls asleep in there, and then gets up to have a chat with Honeycutt...all while the glass is still broken! Heck, Shredder deals some blows to the shield, even in the Big Armor, and it's still mostly brushed aside until it's actually shattered completely in the last fight with the turtles.

Though, Krang seemed to have lost quite a bit of his basic logic over the years after the other Utroms went into stasis. You shouldn't have to be a intergalactic warlord to:

1. Make sure your shield against air you can't breathe is absolutely completely unbreakable
2. Not torture a Toothy Mutant Muscle Tank because you had a bad day. "Never tickle a sleeping dragon"
Spoiler:

Pfff

He got pretty darn careless in his last decade...
Old 11-13-2017, 02:51 PM   #213
AquaParade
Banned

Just for fun:

Secret History of the Foot Clan vs City Fall

I prefer the story in Secret History. The way it hops back and forth in time gives it gravitas. I also can't get behind a character being brainwashed, so I think City Fall would have turned out way better had it been greenlit the way Tom, Bobby, and Kevin intended, but as is, I didn't enjoy it much.

That said, I prefer the evolution in Mateus' art style by the time he reached City Fall. The turtles have a more refined look and the layouts are inventive.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 02:54 PM   #214
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Just for fun:

I prefer the story in Secret History. The way it hops back and forth in time gives it gravitas. I also can't get behind a character being brainwashed, so I think City Fall would have turned out way better had it been greenlit the way Tom, Bobby, and Kevin intended, but as is, I didn't enjoy it much.

That said, I prefer the evolution in Mateus' art style by the time he reached City Fall. The turtles have a more refined look and the layouts are inventive.
Secret History, hands down. City Fall was okay, but the whole issue of Dark Leonardo never actually killing anyone drags the story down quite a bit for me.
Old 11-13-2017, 04:52 PM   #215
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Just for fun:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Secret History, hands down. City Fall was okay, but the whole issue of Dark Leonardo never actually killing anyone drags the story down quite a bit for me.
absolutely!!!! Secret History of the Foot Clan 100% !!!

i like City Fall, but the whole Dark Leo thing for me was a bit of a disappointment.
i thought Leo's emotional scars from Mirage when the Foot nearly killed him was much more powerful.

but now i'm splitting IDW vs. Mirage hairs!
Old 11-13-2017, 04:57 PM   #216
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Secret History was really awesome, for sure.

The stuff with Dark Leo seems to have been completely brushed over, so whatever affects it had on the family seems inconsequential at this point, save for minor references to the event.

Everything with Secret History was impactful and necessary.
Old 11-13-2017, 05:48 PM   #217
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Secret History was really awesome, for sure.

The stuff with Dark Leo seems to have been completely brushed over, so whatever affects it had on the family seems inconsequential at this point, save for minor references to the event.

Everything with Secret History was impactful and necessary.
the only real impact City Fall had was put Splinter in "we MUST kill Shredder!" mode,
which was where he was at all though issue #33 through #50.
remember he didn't want his Sons to focus on Krang and the Technodrome until after they had dealt with Saki.

Dark Leo was pretty much nothing but a little pawn to upset daddy.
Old 11-13-2017, 05:49 PM   #218
CyberCubed
Overlord

Sometimes I honestly forget the whole Dark Leo thing even happened, even though it went on for multiple issues and a whole story arc.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 06:00 PM   #219
myconius
Abby Normal

there's too many characters! who could possibly keep track of them all?
Old 11-13-2017, 06:03 PM   #220
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I think it's more of a "too many things have happened" thing than "too many characters". Especially with how long ago those issues were published.

Tags
idw's tmnt