The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 01-17-2015, 10:47 AM   #1
Luigiperps
Mad Scientist

"China edition Revoltech"

I was on eBay looking for the Revoltech turtles, and found them for a great deal, but the description says China edition, does that mean bootleg? And if they are bootlegs, does anyone know if they are as high quality as the neca bootlegs?

Why I love Mikey. He looks into the
face of a giant, killer, mutant alligator with this face.
Luigiperps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 10:59 AM   #2
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

well if they are bootlegs thats good news for everyone who does not have the orginals yet, bad news for ones that do
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 01:24 PM   #3
LeonardosBane
Foot Soldier

"China edition" usually means bootleg. Surprised that they're bootlegging these.
LeonardosBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 07:59 PM   #4
ls1z28
Hench Mutant

I was wondering the same thing..I see single figures for $37 shipped and the set of 4 for just over $100..

Does anyone know if there's really any diff between these and the real ones?? I have a real set which I bought from hlj.. Tempted on buying the bootleg set for $100
ls1z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 09:23 PM   #5
Powder
So tired of this place

"China edition" is code word for bootleg. It's what sellers refer to their items as so as not to be liable when a buyer realizes their products are not authentic.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 09:26 PM   #6
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1z28 View Post
I was wondering the same thing..I see single figures for $37 shipped and the set of 4 for just over $100..

Does anyone know if there's really any diff between these and the real ones?? I have a real set which I bought from hlj.. Tempted on buying the bootleg set for $100

If the quality's decent I might not be able to resist. I really want a set of the real ones, but it's so hard to justify the price.
Old 01-17-2015, 09:38 PM   #7
SuperXShredder
Thug

save yourself the head ache and just buy the real thing. i can't justify buying knock offs, the only thing those are good for are being fodder for customs.
SuperXShredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 09:53 PM   #8
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperXShredder View Post
he only thing those are good for are being fodder for customs.
exactly what i was thinking

https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 10:11 PM   #9
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Oh, you're definitely right there. And I'd totally buy them if I could justify it. But at the moment I just can't. Sort of an "it's this or nothing" situation.

But... aah, truthfully, I'll probably just abstain and hope the legit versions aren't too expensive once I can afford it.
Old 01-18-2015, 12:27 AM   #10
Toadtrooper
Hench Mutant

It generally means it never made the trip to Japan. Otherwise, you're paying for the product to be shipped from China to Japan, quality-checked again in Japan, then shipped to you or another retailer. China means it never left China and is ostensibly straight from the factory.

Of course people want you to pay mark-ups on their product. It's the only thing that gives that product the value placed on it. That's why they're going to say that the price difference is a matter of quality, not distribution. But even that's a fallacy; bootleg is a funny word these days. I've purchased "bootlegs" that are better quality than retail product, for a fraction of the cost of retail product.

I'm not one for peer pressure. I'd buy the new ones out of China.
Toadtrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 09:38 PM   #11
Lee9
Mouser

Hope they've fixed Mikey's nunchucks so they can be held properly. If so, I'm buying!
Lee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 07:32 AM   #12
crazymind30
Random Punk

Hey Guys Maybe i can help you , never ever buy a bootleg of a popular figure .
Simply because every popular figure gets reissued at one point in time,here are some websites.

anime-export.com
etoysjapan.com
anime-island.com
amiami.com

revoltech turtles are priced under 30 dollars a piece .
crazymind30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 08:11 AM   #13
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymind30 View Post
Hey Guys Maybe i can help you , never ever buy a bootleg of a popular figure .
Simply because every popular figure gets reissued at one point in time,here are some websites.

anime-export.com
etoysjapan.com
anime-island.com
amiami.com

revoltech turtles are priced under 30 dollars a piece .
Well, the issue is that they're unavailable or sold out at all of those sites and eBay prices are very high. I'm gonna have to wait on them (if I get them at all) anyway, so hopefully they do get relisted cheaper.
Old 01-19-2015, 08:27 AM   #14
crazymind30
Random Punk

well for them to be reissued takes time , for instance revoltech transformers took 2 years to be reissued , but dragonballz figures are reissues almost every month lol.
Believe me you'll complete them just be patient, cause i've seen the price 23 euro on anime export and they sell them for 80 euro each , just keep a close eye on the websites i stated and i promise you they will come up
crazymind30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 08:32 AM   #15
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymind30 View Post
well for them to be reissued takes time , for instance revoltech transformers took 2 years to be reissued , but dragonballz figures are reissues almost every month lol.
Believe me you'll complete them just be patient, cause i've seen the price 23 euro on anime export and they sell them for 80 euro each , just keep a close eye on the websites i stated and i promise you they will come up
Gotcha! And thanks - I'll keep an eye out. I'd prefer to buy the legit versions, but I've definitely got a limit on how much I'll spend.
Old 01-19-2015, 12:44 PM   #16
ToSte
Hench Mutant

I dig the Revoltech turtles but not their price. Since I don't play with my toys the quality isn't a deal breaker for me as long as they look close to the original.
ToSte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 01:21 PM   #17
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

I love my revoltechs but if you pay attention to what people have been saying about them you must know that despite how great they look and how fun it is to pose them, they are a bit more fragile than many western action figures.

I think buying a chinese version is going to be really disappointing because if the official versions have some fragility problems then surely the chinese version is going to be worse.

Beware.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 06:48 PM   #18
psychturtle
Mad Scientist

I have my set of four TMNT Revoltechs listed on ebay for a few weeks. Today I noticed that I lost quite a few "watchers" on the auction. Then I thought, "that's a trend" and there must be some cheap ones out there for sale. Lo-and-behold, I did a search and saw that Chinese revoltechs for under $30. haha

I agree that people will probably have a lot of issues with the knock-offs. It's a little bit different in comparing the revoltech knockoffs and the NECA knock offs. The NECA knocks had simplistic articulation and looked pretty good actually. I'm really interested in seeing these Revol knocks. I'm guessing that the knock offs will have a lot of issues with the joints.
psychturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 06:58 PM   #19
Mew
Banned

I would get them.
As long as they are decent... wouldn't mind loosing SOME articulation.
Mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 12:01 AM   #20
tinlunlau
Hench Mutant

Anyone wanna take the plunge and buy one of these "knockoffs" for a quick comparison?

I bought all 4 authentic Revoltech turtles already so I wouldn't mind picking one of these up.
tinlunlau is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action figures, bootleg