The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 02-17-2019, 08:04 PM   #81
Otter
Stone Warrior

Thoughts after watching Pixel Dan's walk-throughs:

Stoked to hear that Randy wants to round out the 1990 line before doing anything for Ooze (which I have zero interest in, but understand why people are keen on Tokka, Razhar and SuperShredder).

Makes me really hopeful for Casey Jones (in either 1:4 or 7" scale, don't care... would probably get both).

I think 7" Shredder and Foot Soldiers are a given, but just a matter of time. A multi-pack is a possibility, and if so I hope there is a high ratio of Foot soldiers. I would like at least six to populate my SDCC diorama, but would prefer ten or so.

While I think Casey is a strong possibility (as Randy has previously said he was planned for the Mirage series before that got nixed), I'd also like to see Splinter, April... and I'd even be on board for a Tatsu.

While I think that figures like April and Tatsu have long odds, I wouldn't be surprised to see some 7" variants of the turtles (Raph in his coat, Don in a hat, "keep practicing" Mikey) or even a camp-fire, translucent blue Splinter. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they kit-bashed together a Sam Rockwell for an SDCC exclusive in the future.

I really hope NECA exhaust all options before fan pressure has them move on to Ooze. (Can you guys all be patient for the benefit of 1990 fans? )

While I'm tempted by NECA's Bebop and Rocksteady, that era just isn't my Turtles. That's not to say I'm out, because NECA have done an outstanding job, I just wouldn't have a spot to display them. If they end up being a 2-pack I might pick them up (and then try to find a Shredder as well), but I don't really have any interest in figures from the cartoon.

Super7 getting on board is a total surprise. While it sounds like they are likely to be toon-inspired, which will likely mean a pass, the fact that The Four Horsemen may be involved will keep me watching this space. Super7 are doing some interesting things with Masters, and if they start doing anything interesting with Mirage Turtles, I am surely in.
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 08:07 PM   #82
Otter
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
I am seriously so excited for what NECA has in store! This special movie figure that we have yet to see I really hope it's Splinter.
Wait?!... what special movie figure? Have I missed something?
Old 02-17-2019, 11:23 PM   #83
Newton Gimmick
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL View Post
I know! He's ALWAYS been awkward and non-enthusiastic in every Pixel Dan video of Playmates coverage. It's funny, I watched the three major Pixel Dan videos last night and each representative all had three different interview styles

Pat feeling like "get me out of here." Pat kinda reminded me of a Kraang.

I also think their interview styles reflect their products as well. Playmates feels more stiff and uptight in their products and it just seems to be lacking any genuine sense of fun. Yes, Toy Fair is a corporate event meant to sell corporate items ... but geeze, it's almost as if Pat is as bored with Playmates products as much as we all are.
You work for a multi-million dollar company, you're at the biggest event of the year for said company, where hundreds of really important industry people are, you're talking with major buyers and working out deals with players in the game and you have to talk to freakin' Pixel Dan... You'd want to get the hell out of there too.

Newton Gimmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 11:39 PM   #84
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
Wait?!... what special movie figure? Have I missed something?
Randy mentions it in the pixal dan video above.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 12:11 AM   #85
Otter
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
Randy mentions it in the pixal dan video above.
Huh... in all the excitement it didn't sink in.

I understand that people are thinking Tatsu, given there might be some parts re-use, but I'll cross my fingers for Casey.
Old 02-18-2019, 01:57 AM   #86
DVD
Mad Scientist

BB and RS are must haves.
I think they are quite reminiscent of the Playmates figures released a few years back. I was sort of in a minority in liking those, but these do look even better.
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 04:03 AM   #87
Splinter
Radical Rat

I think the tease that Randy offered was for Tatsu and Splinter to be released as a diorama set.
Maybe with Splinter chained to the wall in the Foot Warehouse. That at least seems likely to me.

R.I.P. Master Splinter - Mirage Comics - May 1984 / June 2003
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - New Episode Guide
Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 04:07 AM   #88
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter View Post
I think the tease that Randy offered was for Tatsu and Splinter to be released as a diorama set.
Maybe with Splinter chained to the wall in the Foot Warehouse. That at least seems likely to me.
Whoa, in 1/4th scale still you think? That would be crazy.
Old 02-18-2019, 04:55 AM   #89
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newton Gimmick View Post
You work for a multi-million dollar company, you're at the biggest event of the year for said company, where hundreds of really important industry people are, you're talking with major buyers and working out deals with players in the game and you have to talk to freakin' Pixel Dan... You'd want to get the hell out of there too.
Sure, but with youtube toy reviews generating buzz and just gets bigger each toyfair, you'd think Playmates at least had a proper hype-man for these "camera wielding chumps" and give out good PR. Near everyone else manages it fine, especially the Hasbro guys who got Marvel Legends and with the non-dealer people they have to deal with.

Even the non-regular DC Collectibles guy is a lot better the Playmates' Pat who looks like a deer caught in the headlights
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 08:11 AM   #90
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Given that Shredder's face mask is removable, I think Tatsu and Casey are likely.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 08:26 AM   #91
Kenwatanabesclone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
Given that Shredder's face mask is removable, I think Tatsu and Casey are likely.
I don’t think I want a Tatsu or Casey if their faces look as bad as Shredders.
Kenwatanabesclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 09:34 AM   #92
Zachatello00
Ninja Comedian

So, three days into Toy Fair, do we know what the big Kevin eastman announcement is about?

Was thinking I had heard something about him doing a collaboration with Playmates toys for Walmart...
Zachatello00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 10:15 AM   #93
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

It has its own thread.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 10:21 AM   #94
Zachatello00
Ninja Comedian

Ok. I seem to have missed that.
Zachatello00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 10:22 AM   #95
Meow
Stone Warrior

Omg Pixel Dan's NECA Video ...
I think I'm in deep need of the toon collection sets...
And I'm super excited about the set they were talking about for San Diego!
Wallet is already crying for this year :/
Old 02-18-2019, 11:12 AM   #96
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
It has its own thread.
Where?

Zachatello00 isn't the only one that missed this thread.
Old 02-18-2019, 11:50 AM   #97
inaheap
Mad Scientist

I so hope I can find NECA Bebop and Rocksteady. I want those bad.

Can't wait to see what Super 7 does.

Wonder if anyone will ever do vehicles. Party wagon for all the 6-7 inch TMNT would be cool.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 11:52 AM   #98
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaheap View Post
I so hope I can find NECA Bebop and Rocksteady. I want those bad.

Can't wait to see what Super 7 does.

Wonder if anyone will ever do vehicles. Party wagon for all the 6-7 inch TMNT would be cool.
Dude, I would totally buy a Turtle-Van that matches the intro.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 11:52 AM   #99
SS Kakarot
Mad Scientist

There was a thread about a picture Kevin Eastman shared on social media about working on something for Playmates.

I don't know who started the thread, but I also can't find it anymore, I also can't find the picture from Kevin Eastman. Maybe it had to be removed? Did anyone save the picture?

Also seems weird Playmates did not show anything during Toy Fair for the '35 Years of TMNT' celebration, only a logo. The official social media TMNT accounts also didn't post anything at all about Toy Fair.
SS Kakarot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 12:41 PM   #100
mikey see
Mad Scientist

I'm very pumped to get the NECA cartoon stuff but I think the Super7 line might actually be the more promising announcement. They seem to put out way more figures every year than NECA does and they work with the Four Horsemen. I could see them releasing 18-24 figures a year if the line catches on like the MOTUC line has. That would get expensive fast but it would be amazing to get updates to all of the figures I had as a kid.

I just hope I can pick a line and stick with it. If I want to buy both... shoo.
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote