The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 10-03-2022, 02:09 PM   #41
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Watched it this afternoon. I really enjoyed it, yes it’s not as good as the original but I wasn’t disappointed, quite a few call backs to the original film is one way or another, and some actually really well done pop culture jokes. The kids who played the Sandersons in the flashback did really well too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
I never really thought the original was more than something to toss into a holiday movie marathon but some 30/40 somethings are really into it. I had no idea, but glad they could get their sequel fix 30 years later.
Well there was a sequel book out literally three years ago and the plot of that doesn’t really follow the film for the most part. According to brothers fiancée who is a major HP fan.
Old 10-03-2022, 02:38 PM   #42
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I'm pretty sure that the slang insult term "(Woman's Name) looks like a foot" was 100% started by that Family Guy joke about Sarah Jessica Parker, and I gotta say, that's about as accurate of an insult as I've ever heard. It's barely even an exaggeration, draw eyeballs on the sole of someone's foot and stick a blonde wig on there, you have Sarah Jessica Parker, right down to wrinkle placement and skin texture. It's pretty uncanny, actually.

You can tell that the writer/producer of Sex and the City had a weird crush on her, somehow, because that's the only explanation for why she'd ever be portrayed as some kind of sex symbol, especially on any show where Kim Cattrall was like right over there.
I never saw "Sex and the City" so my first exposure to SJP was "LA Story," with Steve Martin. I thought she was... pretty cute in that.

But she aged a lot after that and very quickly.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote