The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 08-18-2022, 04:26 PM   #21
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Tired of being a part of a group of people that the media and your school say are oppressors? Want an instant ticket to being part of the intersectional coalition? Change your gender and BAM, now you're part of a group of empowered victims. Now you get to whine every day about how miserable your life is and you have your own support group of hundreds/thousands of weirdos.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 05:10 PM   #22
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I really don't know why people don't like their genders these days. Back in the day you only saw transsexuals on The Jerry Springer show. Even crossdressers were made fun of all the time back then.

BTW anyone notice we don't use terms like "trannies" or "dykes" anymore? I remember hearing that all the time about 15-20 years ago but I never see people say that now. Even "transexual" has fallen out of fashion for "transgender."

Hell even saying homosexual these days sounds wrong and you're just supposed to say "gay" now. I guess because people shortened it to "homo" all the time back then as a slur so the word as a whole feels odd to say now.
Tranny's become some kind of transphobic slur. I remember people once trying to cancel, or at least make a big deal about an actual tranny using the word tranny even though the video was filmed back in the day when it wasn't a big deal.

The left just like to create new words or redefine old ones. Today's slang is tomorrow's slur.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 05:49 PM   #23
CyberCubed
Overlord

Well words do change. In the 1950's "gay" meant "happy." The Flintstones theme song literally ends, "We'll have a gay old time!" which flew over my head despite watching it as a kid in the 90's on Cartoon Network. Even as late as the 90's it didn't register to me what "having a gay old time" could imply on the Flintstones.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 06:02 PM   #24
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Indeed, words change meaning. Or have different connotations. Tiger Woods once got in trouble while playing a tournament in the UK many years ago because he said was playing like a spaz. For the longest time, and still is, spaz is a slang slur term here for a spastic, as in severely disabled person.

The Spastic Society, a charity to help such people, changed its name to Scope in the mid 90s because kids of my generation used spaz as a derogatory term. So guess what? Kids of the following generation started calling each other scopers or scopes instead. You can change the word but not peoples behaviour!

Quote:
it didn't register to me what "having a gay old time" could imply
Lemon Party.

(and if you don’t already know, seriously, don’t Google it )
Old 08-18-2022, 07:35 PM   #25
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Existential Crises Society: "Everyone is Special. Therefore, Nobody Is."

Sploosh.
My dad once took me bowling when I was little and needless to say I sucked at it. Still, he bought me this little trophy afterwards, an actual participation trophy, and even then I still didn’t feel like much of a winner. I knew I didn’t deserve it, and it really didn’t make me feel any better about my poor performance.

The first true award I ever got was in second grade, after I impressed my teacher with this artwork that I did with zoo stamps. She gave me this paper blue ribbon with a #1 written on it. Although the trophy that my dad gave me was real, this fake ribbon meant so much more to me because I knew that I earned it. It made me feel special.
Old 08-18-2022, 07:39 PM   #26
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabung-Gal View Post
My dad once took me bowling when I was little and needless to say I sucked at it. Still, he bought me this little trophy afterwards, an actual participation trophy, and even then I still didn’t feel like much of a winner. I knew I didn’t deserve it, and it really didn’t make me feel any better about my poor performance.

The first true award I ever got was in second grade, after I impressed my teacher with this artwork that I did with zoo stamps. She gave me this paper blue ribbon with a #1 written on it. Although the trophy that my dad gave me was real, this fake ribbon meant so much more to me because I knew that I earned it. It made me feel special.
You're alright.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 08-18-2022, 07:42 PM   #27
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
You're alright.
Thanks.
Old 08-20-2022, 07:59 PM   #28
CyberCubed
Overlord

4 people I've known in online fandoms have recently come out as trans and are going to go from men to women.

Keep in mind I've known these people on forums for YEARS, like since the early 2000's, and all of a sudden they're all turning into women. So it was never a thing for them two decades ago, but now it is. These are people in their late 20's or early 30's so they're part of "our" generation and not a younger one either.

I swear this thing is catching on like a common cold.
Old 08-20-2022, 08:30 PM   #29
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
4 people I've known in online fandoms have recently come out as trans and are going to go from men to women.

Keep in mind I've known these people on forums for YEARS, like since the early 2000's, and all of a sudden they're all turning into women. So it was never a thing for them two decades ago, but now it is. These are people in their late 20's or early 30's so they're part of "our" generation and not a younger one either.

Watch out Cubed.... you might be next.

The age of Cuberina is upon us!!

Old 08-20-2022, 08:37 PM   #30
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Watch out Cubed.... you might be next.

The age of Cuberina is upon us!!
I made two solemn vows in life:

1. Do not "catch the gay."

2. Don't be confused about my own gender or think about trans

So far I am 2 for 2. I plan to keep it that way.
Old 08-21-2022, 04:57 AM   #31
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
I made two solemn vows in life:

1. Do not "catch the gay."

2. Don't be confused about my own gender or think about trans

So far I am 2 for 2. I plan to keep it that way.
Keep fighting a good fight 'cubed!!

As for the topic at hand, it has do with "softening" of the Western society. Not chem trails or chemicals in water or whatever other conspiracy nonsense.

After horrors of WW2 West took steps to "de-fang" society so to speak, so something like that would never had happened again. What we see now is a final result and a by-product of it.

It is basically an overreaction, where any aggression or a violence is considered to be bad and toxic and since men by nature are very competitive, they end up being primary target for "de-fanging", which leads to generation of confused women and men who can't figure out their "roles" in society and how to behave around each other. Without any references they still adopt old "gender roles" just in a twisted way.

Lunatics like trans and other battle helicopters are basically final stage of it, where people not only mentally but physically are trying to alter themselves to fit in society according to their imaginary role.

Oppression Olympics and hail-the-victims mentality are the same.

The problem here is more important that woes of some confused trans-deer losers: how do you create a peaceful non-aggressive society, which doesn't want wars, when for the most part of its history humanity was waging wars for any reason?
The answer is unknown. And it was proven by a modern culture, it is certainly not this weird trend of "de-fanging".

Last edited by Sumac; 08-21-2022 at 05:07 AM.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 09:35 PM   #32
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:

I can understand your confusion tbh. I don't know anyine who had a sex change, and I'd be surprised if someone I knew irl suddenly had one as well.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote