The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 11-21-2022, 05:06 PM   #6401
teemu
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuxedo Moroboshi View Post
Since they're calling this a "Black Friday sale", does that mean they're going to maybe be cheaper?

Perhaps it's incredibly naive of me to even consider that a possibility, especially coming directly from the company themselves, but you never know...
Hell noooooooo!
teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 12:51 PM   #6402
Skullox
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuxedo Moroboshi View Post
Since they're calling this a "Black Friday sale", does that mean they're going to maybe be cheaper?

Perhaps it's incredibly naive of me to even consider that a possibility, especially coming directly from the company themselves, but you never know...
Sadly, no. They don't operate that way. As a matter of fact, I don't think they've ever had items on sale in the terms of a discount. This is simply things are on sale on their site on Black Friday. Things are not actually on sale in the sense of a discount. It's a very poor way to advertise it, technically as it's rather misleading. That aside, I'm happy that everyone's going to be able to hopefully purchase these things easy peasy through their site. All the Walmarts around me are dry as hell and they haven't had Jack as far as TMNT with the exception of the old two packs that have kind of been saturating and shelf warming.
Skullox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 10:12 AM   #6403
D Piddy 1982
Stone Warrior

Update for my international pals.

The unthinkable has happened. Received a shipping notice for my TiD set from the NECA store!!

Excitement level has gone from 1 to 10! Can't wait to FINALLY get these bad boys in hand!

Hope others who are waiting get the same message in the next few days.

BTW, the e-mail was in my junk folder, so check your junk!!

" 'Hero Turtle' craze leads to duck deaths" BBC News 2001
D Piddy 1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 12:30 PM   #6404
theassassin
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Piddy 1982 View Post

The unthinkable has happened. Received a shipping notice for my TiD set from the NECA store!!

Excitement level has gone from 1 to 10! Can't wait to FINALLY get these bad boys in hand!

Yep I was about to say the same thing, mine has apparently shipped too. For those not following the story, these sets were paid for in full in July last year and supposed to arrive at the end of last year. I wouldn't mind the delay so much if NECA hadn't been enjoying my money for a year and a half. They shouldn't charge until your item ships. And while they did offer a refund, considering my only other way to get this set was to pay silly prices on the secondary market, waiting was the only realistic option. They could have at least offered a partial refund or a discount for future order. I'm certainly never ordering from NECA again, and I reluctantly had to skip ordering Zack and multiple Rock Soldiers.

Just hope there's no quality control issues when the set arrives.
theassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 01:02 PM   #6405
Chris
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Piddy 1982 View Post

Got mine as well

Now I'm really tempted by the Leatherhead and Slash set. Guess I have a few days to make up my mind. Wish they were offering Tokka and Razhar as well, they were only offered through Haulathon internationally so far and that was a... less than ideal experience.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2022, 03:35 PM   #6406
DVD
Mad Scientist

I got my international shipping email as well. I’d almost given up on this set. Ordered in July 2021z
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 04:32 PM   #6407
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I found a Catwoman from Channel Six set today at my local Target. I thought that was an online exclusive. Perhaps with these reissues I have seen over the last month this was included as one per shipment? I cannot complain about that since I have one now, but the price tag? Ouch!
Old 12-17-2022, 04:41 PM   #6408
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I found a Catwoman from Channel Six set today at my local Target. I thought that was an online exclusive. Perhaps with these reissues I have seen over the last month this was included as one per shipment? I cannot complain about that since I have one now, but the price tag? Ouch!
Those things have been shelf warming for some time. It's an expensive set, man. We are way outside the price-realm of "impulse nostalgia buy" for most people with this collection now.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 04:50 PM   #6409
Turo602
The King of Kings

Yeah, I could have sworn they were part of the discontinued wave even though Muckman and Mondo Gecko are still everywhere. Surprised you'd even find one this late. Haven't seen 'em in a long time.
Old 12-17-2022, 06:16 PM   #6410
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

In the last month multiple pieces of the Neutrinos trio, Muckman single, Usagi single, Wingnut & Screwloose, Rat King and Vernon and Napoleon and Atilla have hit the shleves of my local Target after months of nothing. The last I remember was just after Labor Day when Napoleon and Atilla, Splinter and Baxter Stockman were available again.

I still have yet to see Razhar and Tokka in a store. I might have to get it somewhat overcharged online. Aside from that I have one of all I am after. However, did Zack and Smash get released yet?
Old 12-20-2022, 12:36 PM   #6411
theassassin
Foot Soldier

NECA have posted a new TMNT cartoon checklist poster, with a few new figures, I'll let someone else point those out since I'm only a casual collector.

One thing I did notice though is that NECA doesn't seem to know the names of all of Bebop And Rocksteady's Gang. They've got Grunt, Scrag, Jersey Red... and then "Tall Thug" and "Short Gangster". Though I suppose it might be a copyright issue since Dopey and Dumbo are also the names of Disney characters.
theassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2022, 01:04 PM   #6412
Dask
Mad Scientist

Does anyone know what Space Donatello is a reference to?
Dask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2022, 01:34 PM   #6413
AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist

Space Turtles from episode Shredder's Mom.
AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2022, 02:28 PM   #6414
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by theassassin View Post
NECA have posted a new TMNT cartoon checklist poster, with a few new figures, I'll let someone else point those out since I'm only a casual collector.

One thing I did notice though is that NECA doesn't seem to know the names of all of Bebop And Rocksteady's Gang. They've got Grunt, Scrag, Jersey Red... and then "Tall Thug" and "Short Gangster". Though I suppose it might be a copyright issue since Dopey and Dumbo are also the names of Disney characters.
Could you please give us a link to the updated checklist?
Old 12-20-2022, 04:00 PM   #6415
Dask
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlZarkovski View Post
Space Turtles from episode Shredder's Mom.
Good catch, but when I actually checked the episode, it seems that all the turtles, not just Don, had the space headgear, but they were naked from the neck down.

Space Don was also juxtaposed near Space Usagi (who is loosely based on Space Usagi comic but with a toon makeover), makes me think this is some sort of new subline that NECA is creating...
Old 12-20-2022, 05:23 PM   #6416
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Could you please give us a link to the updated checklist?
Here it is: https://mobile.twitter.com/FwooshVee...Cx4am1hscsAAAA
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2022, 07:31 PM   #6417
kiyoshioni
Random Punk

Did the frogs always have those alternate heads?
kiyoshioni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2022, 08:10 PM   #6418
Bahamut810
Stone Warrior

I want all the last ronin ones...

I need to make dioramas for them and Gargoyles...
Bahamut810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2022, 08:27 PM   #6419
Dask
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiyoshioni View Post
Did the frogs always have those alternate heads?
No. I wonder if they will come with Napoleon Colossus or the toon accessory pack.

Likewise, I wonder if Baxter's alternate head sculpt (along with the Shredder head) will come with Barney.
Old 12-21-2022, 01:49 AM   #6420
Meow
Stone Warrior

Here are the 2 new checklists:

https://scontent-vie1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...yQ&oe=63A7E41E

https://scontent-vie1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...wg&oe=63A826B2

Most probably a skip on all the new ones for me, not seeing anything that catches my interest except the 4 new comic book turtles ... and maayybe the baby turtles